Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 538 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Xtina
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I completely forgot that doja’s releasing an album</p> when’s the release date

no date as of yet but it must be this summer

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

The selective outrage in here is sending.

Just like Morgan Wallen, y’all beloved Amy Winehouse also used racial slurs 💀 In fact, she used more than him. Both had terrible apologies for it using the intoxicated excuse. Amy even shamelessly said “I’m the least racist person”.

https://youtu.be/75yifjn7bHo https://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/jun/10/popandrock.amywinehouse&#8221;

So you queens can’t bash Morgan while clutching your pearls over Amy…

Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

Yeah, Amy was a racist unfortunately but that other person was specifically comparing her drug addiction to Morgan’s racism which is just an absurd comparison. Nobody chooses to be an addict.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Lets see, Amy Winehouse was still given the Best New Artist Grammy even though she was a drug addict. Chris Brown was still nominated seventeen times and scored a win even though he possesses a criminal history. Kacey Musgraves has how many Grammy awards now even though she gets almost no time on the radio? If these three people can still be given a moment or two of glitter and shine even when they possess such flaws, there is still hope for Morgan Wallen. (smiles) God bless you and him always!!! Holly

Kacey Musgraves not getting radio play is same as Wallen saying slurs…what nonsense

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

The selective outrage in here is sending. Just like Morgan Wallen, y’all beloved Amy Winehouse also used racial slurs 💀 In fact, she used more than him. Both had terrible apologies for it using the intoxicated excuse. Amy even shamelessly said “I’m the least racist person”. https://youtu.be/75yifjn7bHo https://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/jun/10/popandrock.amywinehouse&#8221; So you queens can’t bash Morgan while clutching your pearls over Amy…

i’m aware but the point is that she compared amy’s ADDICTION to morgan’s racism, not amy’s racism.

you have a brain, use it.

Profile picture
    brutal
    Topics:

The Recording Academy voters make dumb decisions but they are not going to be that dumb to nominate Morgan Wallen and cause themselves even more backlash than last year’s and risk further flopping in viewership.

i don’t think the voters care about the viewrship tbh, only the CEO and the producer would care

Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

Considering the recent changes, do you guys think St Vincent could still get nominated for AOTY?

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

The Grammys have an extensive history of awarding problematic & racist artists. Unfortunately, Morgan Wallen won’t be the first or last. Neither is he the only non-Black contender this year whose used the N-word. I guess Bieber gets a pass, huh?

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Who exactly is going to be eligible in Best Global Music Performance?

Bad Bunny and other reggaetoneros obviously sing in Spanish, but suppose that BTS released another song entirely in English. Would it be submitted here or in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance?

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

Who exactly is going to be eligible in Best Global Music Performance? Bad Bunny and other reggaetoneros obviously sing in Spanish, but suppose that BTS released another song entirely in English. Would it be submitted here or in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance?

Isn’t Global Music just World Music with another name? Looking at past winners, why would Bad Bunny or BTS submit in this category?

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Isn’t Global Music just World Music with another name? Looking at past winners, why would Bad Bunny or BTS submit in this category?

There is a new Performance category, not just for albums. Given that, for example, there aren’t performance categories in the Latin music field, I assumed that this was just going to be an umbrella category for any song not in English language, even if the artists’ respective albums belong in different fields.

Basically it would be just like the time Rap/Sung Collaboration submissions by R&B artists used to be submitted in R&B Song instead of Rap Song.

FYC:

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

I just don’t see the Grammys creating that category in 2022 to nominate Caetano Veloso & Yo Yo Ma. It’s definitely the NARAS trying to catch up with the new wave of popular foreign music in the US. genres such as Reggaetón and K-Pop. While the most popular Afrobeats acts, such as Burna Boy sing in English, they are ignored in the Pop, R&B and Rap fields.

FYC:

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Considering the recent changes, do you guys think St Vincent could still get nominated for AOTY?

Yes. She’s very mainstream as far as “indie” artists go, and if the album is well-received, she might make up for Fiona’s outrageous snub last year.

Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

Thank you. (smiles)

Some people here sadly think that their favorites are the only people who can get a free pass on anything that they choose to be guilty of. (shaking my head)

Someone earlier in this chat asked why am I smiling. I’m smiling because at the end of the day, NO ONE will be given a free pass where the Lord is concerned whether they believe in his existence or not. (smiles)

God bless you and Morgan always!!!

Holly

So you’re just not going to address the fact that you compared low radio airplay and addiction to a grown man being racist in the year 2021? Lol, ok.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

So you’re just not going to address the fact that you compared low radio airplay and addiction to a grown man being racist in the year 2021? Lol, ok.

No. (smiles).

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.