Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 538 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Agee
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    liloozybert
    Topics:

I have two questions regarding eligibility:

Would Pop Smoke’s singles that were released as such in this year’s eligibility be eligible for the 2022 Grammys? Or no because they were part of an album that was released during last year’s eligibility?

Likewise, would a song like Mood, which was released in last year eligibility’s period but included in an album released during this year’s period, be eligible?

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, Pop Smoke’s singles are eligible for 2022 Grammys since he did NOT win an album category. If “Mood” was NOT submitted last year, it’s eligible.

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

Mood was submitted last year

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

That person is blocked here so I can’t reply or quote them directly.

But that’s not the first time you show your true colors. I remember your misogynistic comments regarding Beyonce, when she broke Alison Krauss’s record. (Smiles)

. Yeah and wasn’t her response something like shaming her for her clothes and then something like paint a better picture get a better reaction. Had her on block for awhile after that lol. Pretty sure the picture she paints of herself is pretty bad and she can’t hide her racist/misogynistic beliefs anymore without being let off the hook anymore. Good to see I’m not the only one that finds her insufferable 🙂 (smiles)

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

What do you guys think the straight vote was last year? I think it’s probably something like this:

Taylor Swift – Folklore
    Fiona Apple – Fetch The Bolt Cutters
    Dua Lipa – Future Nostalagia
    Harry Styles – Fine Line
    Lady Gaga – Chromatica
    The Weeknd – After Hours
    Brittany Howard – Jaime
    Miranda Lambert – Wildcard

And yes I don’t think The Weeknd missed AOTY. Yes he missed the pop categories because the voters assumed he would be in R&B and he was at the bottom of the list, but remember that everyone can vote in the GF. So R&B voters definitely voted for him there.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Mood was submitted last year

But the remix wasn’t. It’s still eligible.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

What do you guys think the straight vote was last year? I think it’s probably something like this: Taylor Swift – Folklore Fiona Apple – Fetch The Bolt Cutters Dua Lipa – Future Nostalagia Harry Styles – Fine Line Lady Gaga – Chromatica The Weeknd – After Hours Brittany Howard – Jaime Miranda Lambert – Wildcard And yes I don’t think The Weeknd missed AOTY. Yes he missed the pop categories because the voters assumed he would be in R&B and he was at the bottom of the list, but remember that everyone can vote in the GF. So R&B voters definitely voted for him there.

if that was the case, then sign me up for no committees! Fetch the Bolt Cutters and After Hours? Yes yes yes!

also Hollywood’s bleeding definitely Made the cut

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real!  Lady Gaga’s Chromatica did NOT probably make the straight vote last year.  Pure delusion.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

in no particular order:

folklore – taylor swift

future nostalgia – dua lipa

hollywood’s bleeding – post malone

fine line – harry styles

fetch the bolt cutters – fiona apple

please excuse me for being antisocial – roddy rich

chilombo – jhené aiko

wildcard – miranda lambert

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

if that was the case, then sign me up for no committees! Fetch the Bolt Cutters and After Hours? Yes yes yes!

also Hollywood’s bleeding definitely Made the cut

I based it on wins/nominations in categories without committees. I think all of those 8 nominees managed to show they have some support (except The Weeknd which is more of a special case). Not too sure about HB though. Maybe it made the top 8.

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

I don’t love giving you a response, since I think you’re likely just a troll, but notice the common denominator of the women you mentioned…

She is only ahead of Alison, who happens to be another female too just like your favorite, by just ONE award win and of course we all know why your favorite was given the ability to take the lead in the first place. The Grammy awards would’ve been labeled racist if she had not. The fact that she was only given enough Grammy awards to take the lead at all period should say everything. If she truly was the greatest thing to ever walk this planet, why wasn’t she given EVERY award that she was nominated for?

Also, how can I be labeled misogynistic when I have plenty of female favorites? Alison Krauss, LeAnn Rimes, Tanya Tucker, Patty Loveless, Lee Ann Womack, Shania Twain, Wynonna Judd, Martina McBride, JoDee Messina, and Mary Chapin Carpenter?

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

She is only ahead of Alison, who happens to be another female too just like your favorite, by just ONE award win and of course we all know why your favorite was given the ability to take the lead in the first place. The Grammy awards would’ve been labeled racist if she had not. The fact that she was only given enough Grammy awards to take the lead at all period should say everything. If she truly was the greatest thing to ever walk this planet, why wasn’t she given EVERY award that she was nominated for?

The fact that you’re this pressed about some erased country singer losing a record lmao (smiles)

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

yawn (smiles)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Aj Jennings
    Topics:

The Weeknd just said he still isn’t submitting his work! I love how the Grammys keep falling on their ass when they try to please the public. From their abysmal ratings to artists simply not giving a shit about them anymore! Look at Kanye for example, a man whose been inexplicably snubbed for AOTY his whole career now he could buy them if he wanted too! LMAO

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.