Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 538 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
TomJerry
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

The Weeknd just said he still isn’t submitting his work! I love how the Grammys keep falling on their ass when they try to please the public. From their abysmal ratings to artists simply not giving a shit about them anymore! Look at Kanye for example, a man whose been inexplicably snubbed for AOTY his whole career now he could buy them if he wanted too! LMAO

He realised that committee did not block him

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Although I’m not really keen about scoring no 1s with remixes or signed CDs, I am totally fine with Dua releasing a new Levitating remix or CD as early as this Friday to score a no1, It’s fucking close!

I’m talking about remixing with a solid and trending artist like Weekday, Arianna, Bruno etc. The song is popular enough, she won’t be overshadowed.

I think Dua deserves her first number 1! I hope it happens! Future Nostalgia not scoring a number one just seems like an incomplete era

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Other than that, I am no different compared to everyone else who leaves their two pennies about whatever is being talked about and addressed.

maybe your different is that compared Kacey Musgraves not getting radio play and Amy Winehouse to a racist man 🙂 no one likes you love stop being delusional (smiles)

god bless you and your racist tendencies always!

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

Although I’m not really keen about scoring no 1s with remixes or signed CDs, I am totally fine with Dua releasing a new Levitating remix or CD as early as this Friday to score a no1, It’s fucking close! I’m talking about remixing with a solid and trending artist like Weekday, Arianna, Bruno etc. The song is popular enough, she won’t be overshadowed.

Dua has a lot of radio support and her playlist reach is insane. It’s clear that she has major support from her label and the industry. If she still hasn’t been able to get a number 1, maybe that just means the public doesn’t love her that much and that’s fine. Pop’s just not as huge as it used to be. She’s still pretty successful.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

By public, I hope you meant the US public. Because she’s incredibly popular here in the UK and Europe at large. She is also booming in South America and Africa now. The US market is incredibly difficult to capture from the outside. The vast majority of English speakers are Americans (23% ). A whopping 78% of native English speakers are Americans! But the US already has everything you might want to introduce to their market these days, weakening consumer interest in foreign stuff. Non-American artists with no initial roots or base fans in the US that still broke in this century (Adele, Ed Sheeran, Bieber, The Weekend etc) were aggressively promoted on the radio and achieved their defining eras a bit later. Dua is currently undergoing this process well. Her 3rd album would have impressive numbers.

I was talking about the fact that she hasn’t topped the Billboard Hot 100, so yes: the US public.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Also, how can I be labeled misogynistic when I have plenty of female favorites? Alison Krauss, LeAnn Rimes, Tanya Tucker, Patty Loveless, Lee Ann Womack, Shania Twain, Wynonna Judd, Martina McBride, JoDee Messina, and Mary Chapin Carpenter

Honey, a bunch of white women… Interesting!

I am getting a ki at seeing all these (smiles).

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

Although I’m not really keen about scoring no 1s with remixes or signed CDs, I am totally fine with Dua releasing a new Levitating remix or CD as early as this Friday to score a no1, It’s fucking close! I’m talking about remixing with a solid and trending artist like Weekday, Arianna, Bruno etc. The song is popular enough, she won’t be overshadowed.

The song has been milked to death (as usual). If she can’t get a #1 is not due to competence or a bad team, but not enough support from the public.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

The song has been milked to death (as usual). If she can’t get a #1 is not due to competence or a bad team, but not enough support from the public.

Levitating was pulled from radios and organically achieved its streaming peak a couple of weeks later. It’s been the top 5 most streamed songs (US) for like .. three weeks now? So no. As you very disrespectfully put it, it has “not been milked to death” it actually got super unlucky with the radio. With its current streaming+sales it would’ve been easily #1 on BB100 with just a little more radio. Funny because dua has always been accused of payola but couldn’t get an easy #1 only because of radio!

A shame really. Future Nostalgia deserved to have one #1 atleast even though both levitating and DSN are bigger than some very recent #1’s. Bad timing for Dua but loves are ok cause DL3 is coming.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Considering the recent changes, do you guys think St Vincent could still get nominated for AOTY?

Change or none, Jack Antonoff was more likely to push Chemtrails.

Who exactly is going to be eligible in Best Global Music Performance? Bad Bunny and other reggaetoneros obviously sing in Spanish, but suppose that BTS released another song entirely in English. Would it be submitted here or in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance?

Who gets nominated? The likes of TIWA FUCKING SAVAGE!!!

Where does Bad Bunny music go? Pop (for now).

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Yes. She’s very mainstream as far as “indie” artists go, and if the album is well-received, she might make up for Fiona’s outrageous snub last year.

Gurl, nothing makes up for that.

Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

hey besties let’s b+||¥ that racist and homophobic j@m£$ o++o woman off this forum, i’m so sick of seeing her fake @$$!

Profile picture
    OnTopofThis
    Topics:

Lol, she has already remixed that song two times after it went nowhere as a solo song. She performed the song at the Grammys. The song is not close to number one, and that is not because of her label not doing enough. You guys are really slow on here

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.