Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 564 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
SWV
TomAndJerry
  • Profile picture
    SWV
    Topics:

White privilege I guess 😂

Honey, you read my mind.

null

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

that category is basically for africans such as Burna boy, wizkid, tiwa savage, yemi alade, angelique kidjo, soweto choir, etc for example, have you heard essence by wizkid ft tems, thats a afrobeat song making waves overseas rn. I wouldnt be surprised to see it nominated there.

Bitch, “Essence” shouldn’t even spoil Tiwa’s chances. I’m praying for Tiwa here. Wish they made this earlier, she and Mr. Eazi would’ve bagged at least a nod with “KEYS TO THE KINGDOM.”

Moreover, both Burna and Wizkid have Grammys now. Give some others a chance. That category is overloaded.

It also includes other traditional genres like Bossa Nova, Samba, Raga, etc… I imagine the rise of African music into the spotlight is what urged the creation of the new category.

Yeah…. So excited for what these genres have to offer too because the Grammys can’t possibly make it all African.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Get real! “Willow” could NOT sneak in Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance. BARF!

Song of the Year, maybe. Pop Solo? Hell no.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

The thing with this Global Music Performance category, it’s possibly gonna be like AR Performance all over again, so, I won’t be surprised if it’s gonna be dominated by African music.

AR performance has never nominated a track from Regional Roots music, rarely does so for Traditional Blues and Bluegress. Folk and Americana dominate them.

That’s what you get for making multiple genres compete for five fucking spots. Better than nothing though.

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

Honey, you read my mind. null

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Kiss Me More is rising on the charts. My guess is that SZA and Doja Cat will get into ROTY with that. I definitely think Doja will get her next number one with that track as well. Let’s see!

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Y’all we haven’t gotten a huge album in months SOS

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Y’all we haven’t gotten a huge album in months SOS

I’m not hinged on a huge album. Just want some that are good. Lana and Jasmine can’t be the only things in the good half of my library.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

ROTY May 2022 predictions

1. Montero

2. Peaches

3. Leave the Door Open

4. Kiss Me More

5. Levitating

6. Billie Submission

7.  (nom-commercial choice)

8.  (nom-commercial choice)

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

ROTY May 2022 predictions 1. Montero 2. Peaches 3. Leave the Door Open 4. Kiss Me More 5. Levitating 6. Billie Submission 7. (nom-commercial choice) 8. (nom-commercial choice)

“Montero”?

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

ROTY May 2022 predictions 1. Montero 2. Peaches 3. Leave the Door Open 4. Kiss Me More 5. Levitating 6. Billie Submission 7. (nom-commercial choice) 8. (nom-commercial choice)

Positions and Wap should make it in… I would say kiss me more/levitating will miss in favour of Positions.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

All of this year’s contenders have weak records in Pop:

– Olivia Rodrigo is new
    – Justin Bieber has never won a grammy in Pop
    – Taylor Swift has never won Pop Solo despite being nominated 4 times
    – Ariana Grande has never won Pop Solo and you can say that she won Pop Duo/Group because Gaga and BPVA thanks to weak competition
    – Billie Eilish has never won Pop Solo even though she won Record Of The Year both times

Gaga sure has a great track record in Pop categories, but that doesn’t mean ROM won solely because of her. After all, Ariana is also well-liked by the voters, at least to consistently receive nominations. And if we’re being honest, Ariana mainly lost her awards because of tough competition. She lost to Adele in 2017, Gaga in 2019 and Billie in 2020. All of those 3 were overperforming those years. And she could’ve won for TUN if she did not kill the era the day the album was released.

Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

Honey, how the fuck does James Otto (Holly) NOT get banned, but Gucci got banned all the fucking time? Make it make sense!

Maybe its because I normally don’t have as much to say compared to the rest of y’all including anyone who has been banned from this place. You do realize that the more that you people acknowledge what it is that I have to say at this forum, the more that I may only have to say in return, right? Apparently y’all can not get enough of me or you wouldn’t have what I bring to this forum be in the spotlight so much. (smiles)

My god this holly person has polluted every thread in this forum. How can you get dragged left and right and still not realise you’re in the wrong? Very strange.

You do realize that there are plenty of chats here that I have never taken part in, right? Why not? Because I don’t have any interest in what is being talked about in them which just goes to show how much of a troll it is that I truly am not. (smiles)

God bless you two and the rest of your posse always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Olivia is the obvious frontrunner for Pop Solo at this point. Ariana and Billie are both making it in.

Not sure why this forum is so hesitant to predict Willow. It was a big Adult Pop radio hit and I’m bot sure who exactly would take her place.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Olivia is the obvious frontrunner for Pop Solo at this point. Ariana and Billie are both making it in. Not sure why this forum is so hesitant to predict Willow. It was a big Adult Pop radio hit and I’m bot sure who exactly would take her place.

Yeah Taylor should be a name check…I don’t see her making into general categories but pop categories should be easy but then she got only bpva for reputation after a huge era and grammy love from previous era so I understand the hesitation

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.