Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 541 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Xtina
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Taylor will get 3 Nominations.

Pop Vocal Album, Pop Duo/Group and Best Music Film.

Even though they are going by popular vote this year I can’t fathom the thought of her getting in Album of the Year again.

What in BPDGP?

Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

I disagree with the statement in bold. With EIW, Billie was defeated in SOTY by H.E.R, and Watermelon Sugar in BPSP. I struggle to see the basis for such presumption with a single that aint better and never performed better.

THIS. I actually agree that My Future is the best single she’s released so far, but that song’s been forgotten and it was never big in the first place. It’s not winning anything lol

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

We have to agree that h.e.r is taking aoty lets discuss potential kiss me more or good days Roty nominations!

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Do we have a release date for H.E.R’s album?

Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

Dr.Luke is credited as a songwriter in Kiss Me More, this definitely hurts Doja’s chances of a win

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Dr.Luke is credited as a songwriter in Kiss Me More, this definitely hurts Doja’s chances of a win

Unfortunately. They might nominate her but a win is a stretch.

Profile picture
    Antony Partcero
    Topics:

I just hope Dua’s team don’t be stupid and sends Levitating Remix to everything possible, WG has no chance

Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

God, let’s hope so. After Say So’s nomintation i have my doubts, but then again a nomination is not the same as a win.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I disagree with the statement in bold. With EIW, Billie was defeated in SOTY by H.E.R, and Watermelon Sugar in BPSP.

I struggle to see the basis for such presumption with a single that aint better and never performed better.

H.E.R. beat Billie because that song suited the narrative of the struggles of POC (clearly a theme they’re willing to give awards for whenever possible regardless of how good the music actually is) and because the academy was trying to paint a picture that they’re woke and not racist. Billie most likely ended up being the runner up and would’ve won if H.E.R.’s song wasn’t nominated.
    As for pop solo performance, I don’t think they should submit My Future there. It’s “Therefore I Am” that would stand a better chance in PSP, even if only as a namecheck (they obviously will give it to someone else like Olivia or Ariana Grande).

FYC | Best music this season:

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Get real!  Taylor Swift is NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance and Best Music Film.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

God. Not again. No, Doja! Nooo!!!!

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I’m sorry but can’t Doja not sing songs written/produced by “tYsOn TrAx”???? Like, doesn’t she have that damn option? Now she’s hurting not just her chances but SZA’s too.

Imo, if “Streets” is eligible (which it should be), she should push the fuck out of that instead. “Kiss Me More” can settle for Pop Duo/Group. No more unnecessary nominations for Trax, please.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

H.E.R. beat Billie because that song suited the narrative of the struggles of POC (clearly a theme they’re willing to give awards for whenever possible regardless of how good the music actually is) and because the academy was trying to paint a picture that they’re woke and not racist. Billie most likely ended up being the runner up and would’ve won if H.E.R.’s song wasn’t nominated. As for pop solo performance, I don’t think they should submit My Future there. It’s “Therefore I Am” that would stand a better chance in PSP, even if only as a namecheck (they obviously will give it to someone else like Olivia or Ariana Grande).

Honestly, while “I Can’t Breathe” is a beautiful song, I wish she didn’t push it in ROTY as well. She’d have that extra nod had she put “Sometimes” there instead, I bet.

Also, an aside, but “BLACK PARADE” was my favorite SOTY nominee. It would’ve worked well in so many ways:

– They’d recognize one of the largest social justice movements of this generation (and all time, frankly).

– Beyonce would’ve not only tied the record but broken it.

– It would be Jay Z’s first GF win and Bey’s second.

Profile picture
    RichardAniston
    Topics:

I remember early last cycle people were saying they wouldn’t nominate “Say So” for ROTY because Dr. Luke produced it and we saw what happened.

I doubt most voters care if Dr Luke was a writer on KMM.

If “Kiss Me More” doesn’t get nominated, it won’t be because of Dr. Luke.

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, “Black Parade” is awful.  BARF!  “I Can’t Breathe” is definitely the better song.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 541 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.