Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 541 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Xtina
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Honey, give it up! Positions is NOT happening in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year.

being the biggest pop album in the eligibility period by a past AOTY nominee + the whole committee dissolution, i beg to differ. At least in one category (ROTY) seems like an option

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I’d say Ariana is a (near) lock in both ROTY and SOTY.

ROTY— Positions
    SOTY— Pov or whatever her submission will be.

With the committee gone, her chances for AOTY have substantially increased too.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

The new Coldplay song is a dive back into their more catchy pop songs. It could be a radio hit for sure and I see it in Pop Duo / Group for sure. It’s a Max Martin song too.

And so was “Blinding Lights” 😃.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Don’t you think the reason in bold further suggests a Silk Sonic Sweep? Among other reasons.

Um, no? Silk Sonic are making baby-making music. H.E.R. made a good song about an important issue. I don’t think it’s fundamentally based on their races.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

being the biggest pop album in the eligibility period by a past AOTY nominee + the whole committee dissolution, i beg to differ. At least in one category (ROTY) seems like an option

They really should’ve kept that committee. Ari deserves to be punished for the slack in quality. thank u, next >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> poopsitions.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Don’t you think the reason in bold further suggests a Silk Sonic Sweep? Among other reasons.

Yes I do. :p

I never said a Silk Sonic sweep couldn’t happen, in fact I believe as of now they are the frontrunners.

FYC | Best music this season:

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Get real!  Ariana Grande is NOT adored by voters.  With or without a committee, she is NOT happening in the General Field.  The bitch is no Adele or Beyoncé.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

For this year Positions in aoty and soty, Justice in aoty

I agree with your earlier comment! (A couple pages back.)
    We’re going to get 4/8 albums in the general field.
    However, 4 Pop albums means that you have to divide the Pop votes by 4 which might be too much. For pop albums, a ranking system is a better determinator of what might appear in the general field. (Not by filler role or uncompetitiveness) Imo, I think the bottom 2(?) albums might not get in. 3/8 for short(depending on situation).

Most noticeable changes could be:
    **No more filler spots for general field. Fillers are now left in the genre categories. No more “secret committees” or BRP to “set up” or insert non-contenders/non-factors.

**Albums with huge genre support are more likely to appear. Albums that lack genre support might miss. (Post Malone, Lorde, Lana, etc.)

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

They really should’ve kept that committee. Ari deserves to be punished for the slack in quality. thank u, next >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> poopsitions.

i agree, but it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. It’s just a step down from positions. Personally I didn’t enjoy the album (I haven’t even listened to it fully since maybe January-ish), but it’s popularity is extremely evident.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

i agree, but it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. It’s just a step down from positions. Personally I didn’t enjoy the album (I haven’t even listened to it fully since maybe January-ish), but it’s popularity is extremely evident.

By that logic Reputation and Lover deserved aoty noms…(which they did not)

Major pop artists have a lot of resources at their disposal to make a good album…if they don’t they don’t deserve a nom in my opinion but I guess the change is for the better because ultimately, it is who voters vote for.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

I agree with your earlier comment! (A couple pages back.) We’re going to get 4/8 albums in the general field. However, 4 Pop albums means that you have to divide the Pop votes by 4 which might be too much. For pop albums, a ranking system is a better determinator of what might appear in the general field. (Not by filler role or uncompetitiveness) Imo, I think the bottom 2(?) albums might not get in. 3/8 for short(depending on situation). Most noticeable changes could be: **No more filler spots for general field. Fillers are now left in the genre categories. No more “secret committees” or BRP to “set up” or insert non-contenders/non-factors. **Albums with huge genre support are more likely to appear. Albums that lack genre support might miss. (Post Malone, Lorde, Lana, etc.)

I don’t think only pop voters will vote for pop albums…if someone is popular, they will receive votes from pop plus get name checked by a lot of other genre voters. This benefits Ariana, Justin, Taylor, Gaga ,Ed Sheera, Billie and many such popular artists.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

By that logic Reputation and Lover deserved aoty noms…(which they did not) Major pop artists have a lot of resources at their disposal to make a good album…if they don’t they don’t deserve a nom in my opinion but I guess the change is for the better because ultimately, it is who voters vote for.

positions is not as much a step down as reputation., and lover did okay. It was just not as big as 1989. And thank u, next was extremely  just such a stark moment in her career that I’m shocked she released a project, yet alone a good one around that same time. Her voice is the same, angelic as ever, and it definitely makes positions listenable. I just think it’s solid and okay. Plus this whole committee thing will help one of the biggest pop albums currently

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

positions is not as much a step down as reputation., and lover did okay. It was just not as big as 1989. And thank u, next was extremely just such a stark moment in her career that I’m shocked she released a project, yet alone a good one around that same time. Her voice is the same, angelic as ever, and it definitely makes positions listenable. I just think it’s solid and okay. Plus this whole committee thing will help one of the biggest pop albums currently

I think positions is a big step down from tun commercially and critically…but yeah I don’t see it not entering…roty and aoty noms are definitely happening.soty depends on her submission I guess. It has hits.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I don’t think only pop voters will vote for pop albums…if someone is popular, they will receive votes from pop plus get name checked by a lot of other genre voters. This benefits Ariana, Justin, Taylor, Gaga ,Ed Sheera, Billie and many such popular artists.

Yes. 4/5 Pop albums tho…?
    It mainly depends on the situation I guess. (this year for example) It could most certainly happen!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 541 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.