Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 541 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Xtina
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I don’t think only pop voters will vote for pop albums…if someone is popular, they will receive votes from pop plus get name checked by a lot of other genre voters. This benefits Ariana, Justin, Taylor, Gaga ,Ed Sheera, Billie and many such popular artists.

Cont.

But what can happen is: Pop voters voting *for other* genres. Not other genres voting for Pop albums.

Pop voters voting for Rap, R&B or other genres/categories for AOTY.

(I mean Pop voters might vote for other genres too I guess?)

If Pop voters don’t like to vote for Justin Bieber, for example, in AOTY. They probably would vote for Bruno Mars instead.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Can someone post the voter percentage break up across genres…I feel popular ( popular includes pop plus Bruno,Beyonce, Rihanna, Drake too) artists will benefit the most. Followed by country artists.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Not the overall but this was last year’s new voters overview

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I think what we might not be  considering is that alot of Grammys voters dont even vote in first round voting, that’s why Scooter Braun, for instance is  able to mobilise the few voters he knows to actually  vote for his clients, not just Scooter but record labels also do this with their clients .With increased emphasis on all voters to actually vote and the requalification process, I think we might be looking at a different academy altogether. The ” old white dudes” as we call them who haven’t made music since the 80s will no longer be able to vote. I think the requalification process is probably the most important change that the academy needed, the voters will be more attuned to the prevailing trends in music and not some random dude who doesn’t make music and name checks their favourite artist. With atleast 3/4 of the voting body actually voting, I dont see how Beiber makes it in ( last year there was a report that said only about 500 members took part in nomination voting, pop was really low) neither does Ariana in the GF, also I think we’ll start seeing more general distribution in the GF when it comes to genres. I also think we might go back to the early 2010s era where many alternative and rock albums won AOTY. With pop and probably RnB and Rap scoring major nominations, the one country or Rock album that appeals to alt, rock, country voters may win , and ofcourse cross genre appealing music. Artists who will benefit from this greatly are Billie Eillish, Taylor swift ( if she continues moving away from pop, she has country votes locked, they wont nominate her in country categories but when there are no country albums in AOTY , they’ll pick her, pop love her even if she doesn’t win there,they nominated Rep and YNTCD for heaven sakes, and has been made apparent alt rock voters are willing to lean towards her) Bruno Mars( need I explain,  Bruno Mars is cross genre appeal) , Black Pumas, Anderson Paak. We might never see an album like Djesse vol get in. In short if you are not a respected big artist like the one mentioned above or like H.E.R, Beyonce,Kendrick Adele, you will need a really big and critically acclaimed album to get in the GF.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Idk where this idea that Scooter Braun gets considerable amount of people to vote for his clients comes from. He isn’t that powerful and all popular (commercially relevant/stardom) artists will benefit from the change.

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

Idk where this idea that Scooter Braun gets considerable amount of people to vote for his clients comes from. He isn’t that powerful and all popular (commercially relevant/stardom) artists will benefit from the change.

Swifties are derailed. If he was so powerful Ariana would’ve had a GF nomination since 2014, plus Demi would actually be nominated.

Changes was a different case. Pop voters have terrible taste as we’ve seen on 2017 (shape of you), 2019 (No.6 collaborations), etc

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I have to be honest. I love the idea that Scooter, who isn’t even influential enough to get Justin into R&B, is somehow powerful enough to completely control the grammys.

A list of his clients with no grammy nominations this year despite being eligible: Asher Roth, Black Eyed Peas, Carly Rae Jepsen (ROBBED QUEEN), David Guetta, Demi Lovato, Eden, Gunnar Ghel, Idina Menzel, Lil Dicky, Psy and Tori Kellu

The sooner you guys accept that the Changes nominations were just a case of bad taste, the happier you’ll be.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

I knew Bieber was getting into Pop, Yummy was a bop and a hit! You delusional clowns just refused to believe it! Bieber is a past winner plus has received many general field nominations. I wouldn’t say he’s a favorite but he is well liked to the extent of getting everywhere in pop plus walking out with another win with his manager mates. Who would have thought the Biebz now has just as many Grammys as Abel!

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

Scooter didn’t do anything lol..ariana wouldn’t have left with 0 wins for thank u next if he was powerful enough. The grammys just like justin and changes.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Popular artists with sh*t albums get nominated all the time…Bieber , ed Sheeran are name checks. Bieber infact has had more vote pulling power than Ariana…he got good number of gf noms when total gf noms were 5. So it isn’t a surprise a bad album with comeback narrative got in.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

It’s just swifties trying to pin him as the devil. Following their logic, if he was so powerful, Taylor wouldn’t have gotten nominations for a song from Cats nor an album track. Also, the AOTY lineup wouldn’t have been weakened down to clear the way for her 3rd win.

That’s what they would say had folklore been unfairly snubbed.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

P!nk’s music video is beautiful, not sure if it can get a BMV though.

Also, at least as of now, I don’t see her in BPSP. I have a feeling that with the new batch of Pop voters, veterans such as Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake and her will no longer be namechecked into the Pop field like in 2018 and 2019 for example.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I’ve listened to the Porter Robinsons album more and more. The deep cuts are definitely growing on me

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

For nominations, does the voters get to vote for 8 albums/songs or just one?

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Chart whores. Is Miss Dua about to get that number 1? 😱

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 541 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.