Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 541 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Xtina
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I see Billie Eyelash and her brother have moved on from ripping off Radiohead to ripping off Bon Iver.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I think we should keep an eye out for The Marfa Tapes collaboration album by Miranda Lambert, Jack Ingram and Jon Randall.

This concept album seems like an AOTY type contender and the first single “In His Arms” is a strong record.

The country contender this year in the General Field is more than likely Chris Stapleton, but you never know and it helps that Miranda both performed and won on the telecast this year.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I heard Bon Iver’s self-titled or For Emma, but again I never think of Radiohead when I think of Billie’s music.

also, I don’t mind when people copy people’s sounds unless it has merit. She literally just has a guitar strumming in the background, it’s not like she’s alter her voice like Bon Iver. Plus the rhythm does change throughout the song so that it does not sound really plain.

i wonder how this will perform though if this is her “lead single.” Time will tell I suppose.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

I see Billie Eyelash and her brother have moved on from ripping off Radiohead to ripping off Bon Iver.

i love you and your posts but girl! Did Billie kill your grandma or something?

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

i love you and your posts but girl! Did Billie kill your grandma or something?

lol maybe she did!

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I heard Bon Iver’s self-titled or For Emma, but again I never think of Radiohead when I think of Billie’s music.

Everything I wanted is a direct ripofff of “Everything in its right place”. The intros are identical.

This song is Bon Iver not only For Emma, but his recent albums like i,i.

Billie is talented but she’s still young, still referencing, and still trying to find her own thing.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Your Power for SOTY 2022 ?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Get real!  Lana Del Rey does NOT stand a chance at an Album of the Year nomination.  Her album is completely forgotten.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Everything I wanted is a direct ripofff of “Everything in its right place”. The intros are identical. This song is Bon Iver not only For Emma, but his recent albums like i,i. Billie is talented but she’s still young, still referencing, and still trying to find her own thing.

I don’t see the comparison to Everything in its right place and everything I wanted, and this from someone who thinks Kid A is one of the best albums of all time. The lyrical content is extremely different, and Billie does get out off those chords in the chorus when she sings with her brother. Everything I wanted also sounds more somber when it ends on a lower note for the chords, while Everything in its Right place goes up (which makes it sound more ominous). While they kinda sound the same, they are extremely different in tone, lyrics substance, and other stylistic changes.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Of course I didn’t say they were the same song, like Your Power is not the same as Re:Stacks. But they are interpolations, no doubt.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Of course I didn’t say they were the same song, like Your Power is not the same as Re:Stacks. But they are interpolations, no doubt.

the real question is why hasn’t Radiohead won a AOTY Grammy already?

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Both Kid A and In Rainbows deserved.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Both Kid A and In Rainbows deserved.

in rainbows too dear, at least radiohead won best alt album for the three.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 541 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.