Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 920 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Donnna
Gucci
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I’m not even sure if CMBYN will be nominated. That song is forgettable.

Really!? It was one of the most talked about songs/videos in 2021. There was a ton of controversy and hype around it. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it also went #1 in several countries & streamed extremely well. That’s hardly forgettable.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I remember last season some claimed “Rain On Me” was forgotten yet it still won BPDG over more recent releases like “exile” & “Dynamite”. That argument isn’t always valid when it applies to certain artists or songs. CMBYN was an event record in a relatively quiet year. Don’t underestimate its impact. MONTERO will likely be one of the biggest albums of 2021 as well. Lil Nas X knows how to sustain momentum.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Driver’s License is no Bad Guy.

You are right! Driver’s License is better! Better lyrics, better vocals and better production!

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

So the songs streaming’s chart and artist 100 have been removed this week wtf. When Dua finally went #1 on the artist 100.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Lil Nas X will NOT be forgotten.  “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” will easily get nominated in this shitfest of a year.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Billie was a stronger contender because of critical acclaim… Olivia has more success with her first single than Billie did. We need to wait and see how Olivia’s album is received but Billie had massive acclaim with her album..Olivia is writing teenage stuff which will not impress critics…the album is also rushed and might do well on charts but Grammys , er can’t tell.

Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

Serious question: Is it the Taylor Swift co-sign? The Swifties here tend to rally behind anything or anyone she supports. Had Olivia not received that affirmation she wouldn’t be as hyped, right? Or is it because Pop fans in general tend to stan any Female who’s momentarily popular or buzzed? Someone explain.

I think it’s a mix of both! The Taylor co-sign is absolutely a huge part of it, there are SO many swifties here on GD. Also since Billie is now on her second record, she’s not new anymore, so I feel like everyone was waiting for The Next Big Thing and Olivia is our girl of the year. There was also the whole relationship drama around DL, that definitely helped.

(And I’m not saying she’s not talented! Before anyone tries to start anything).

Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

So the songs streaming’s chart and artist 100 have been removed this week wtf.

That’s so weird. Anyone knows what’s going on?

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Why is Billboard acting so strange? The hot 100 chart isn’t out yet and they removed the artist 100 chart where Dua was #1? They’re sabotaging our girl or what.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Serious question: Is it the Taylor Swift co-sign? The Swifties here tend to rally behind anything or anyone she supports. Had Olivia not received that affirmation she wouldn’t be as hyped, right? Or is it because Pop fans in general tend to stan any Female who’s momentarily popular or buzzed? Someone explain.

She’s cute and everyone likes the shiny new artist. The industry has been so monotonous lately, a lot of people were looking forward to something different. Billie had a very similar hype in 2019.

The swift brand definitely helps. Swifties consider her one of their own, point blank. But she’s a big hit with the general public too, no fandom alone can carry an artist (especially a new one) and the numbers don’t lie.

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

This is very true, but i think this forum is a little too in love with Olivia to accept any doubts at the moment lol (not that i’m judging even good 4 u is starting to grow on me, she’s really having a moment)

Lol that’s all it is.

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

maybe in a Grammys sense, but DL did numbers. It’s the most streamed song this year + she’s releasing a highly anticipated album this week. I bet she will do numbers that Billie could never imagine. im predicting currently a BNA and Pop solo win for Olivia atm.

I’d be surprised if she does more than 180k.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Why is it so hard for people to accept that some artists just connect with the GP and not with you? Olivia is absolutely talented and is delivering great music, these “she’s so overrated” comments for a 18 year old newcomer are not it. If you don’t like her music then move on, but stop accusing people of shit.

Anyways, with Good 4 U smashing, Olivia is looking like a real threat for a PVA win. At the very least she’s solidified a spot top 3.

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Why is it so hard for people to accept that some artists just connect with the GP and not with you? Olivia is absolutely talented and is delivering great music, these “she’s so overrated” comments for a 18 year old newcomer are not it. If you don’t like her music then move on, but stop accusing people of shit. Anyways, with Good 4 U smashing, Olivia is looking like a real threat for a PVA win. At the very least she’s solidified a spot top 3.

What are you even talking about?

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

It’s a matter of opinion whether or not someone finds Olivia’s music overrated. Using her age as a shield to oppose criticisms is irrelevant to the discourse and censoring different POV.

With that being said, I predict she’ll win at least 3 awards (SOTY, BNA, & BPSP). 2-3 wins seems to be the current standard for major breakout acts (i.e. Lil Nas X, Lizzo, & Megan Thee Stallion).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 920 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.