Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 920 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Donnna
Agee
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

That grammys youtuber that I follow has already uploaded an early prediction video: https://youtu.be/StIptg9LTNc

It looks quite reliable, but I think their rock predictions are kinda iffy. Would that many classic “veterans” be nominated at once?

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

Rock Song - "My Baby Wants a Baby" by St. Vincent
    Rock Performance - "Zitti e Buoni" by Måneskin
    Rock Album - Carnage by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Is it possible for BB or Nielsen to LOSE data?

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Is it possible for BB or Nielsen to LOSE data?

I think it’s more that they’re contesting the validity of their data so that’s why they’re taking so long.

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

Rock Song - "My Baby Wants a Baby" by St. Vincent
    Rock Performance - "Zitti e Buoni" by Måneskin
    Rock Album - Carnage by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, Olivia Rodrigo is even more overrated than Ariana Grande. BARF!

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

Honey, Olivia Rodrigo is even more overrated than Ariana Grande. BARF!

I have a word for you: Shut up.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Do any of you genuinely think she can make it into Rock now that there isn’t a committee?

Hard to say but most unlikely. Despite no committee, rock voters are pretentious.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

“Good 4 U” + Rock categories = NOT happening

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Streets saying Billboard is announcing a change this week against
    – Website sales
    – EP/Playlists
    – New editions
    – Radio

So, basically everything. This is unconfirmed, I just saw it on twitter. Good for them, these changes are much needed but … why is Dua being sacrificed for the greater good 😭 they really couldn’t have done it any other week?

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Streets saying Billboard is announcing a change this week against – Website sales – EP/Playlists – New editions – Radio So, basically everything. This is unconfirmed, I just saw it on twitter. Good for them, these changes are much needed but … why is Dua being sacrificed for the greater good 😭 they really couldn’t have done it any other week?

I doubt it tbh. They probably messed up the data or Nielsen picked up on something shady so there going through the data with a fine tooth comb, because even if that’s was the case it still wouldn’t take this long to update the charts.

Any other time they made big changes (using getting rid of bundles and making physicals only count when shipped as an example) they still regularly updated the charts and just announced the change and the date the change would take place.

That twitter account that said that doesn’t know anything. Fake insider!

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

They should make a rule so fraudulent no.1s boosted by remixes to stop. Yes, I am talking about you BTS fans. Let’s hope Butter is the first song affected by the rule change.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Airplay and pure sales should count less for the Hot 100 and streaming should count more if they want the chart to be organic and actually mirrors what people are listening to.

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

They should make a rule so fraudulent no.1s boosted by remixes to stop. Yes, I am talking about you BTS fans. Let’s hope Butter is the first song affected by the rule change.

Dynamite was going #1 with or WITHOUT remixes. It was already the front runner for #1 after two days and had a bigger first week streaming week than most songs that went #1 THIS year. Dynamite outsold Cardigan, Outstreamed Cardigan And Outpeaked Cardigan On Radio.

Life Goes On has no remixes, not even an instrumental for sale and still went #1. Although of course the decline was exacerbated by the fact it was in mostly Korean so it had virtually no playlisting, Radio, promotion and was battling against Christmas singles, but whats funny is..

Willow is the song that had 6/7 remixes and multiple accompanied videos released first week along with a discount to .38c.. an even with all that she dropped to #38 for the biggest fall from number 1. Luckily for her at least she at least had radio and playlisting. Willow was the most BS #1 of 2020.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Dynamite was going #1 with or WITHOUT remixes. It was already the front runner for #1 after two days and had a bigger first week streaming week than most songs that went #1 THIS year. Dynamite outsold Cardigan, Outstreamed Cardigan And Outpeaked Cardigan On Radio. Life Goes On has no remixes, not even an instrumental for sale and still went #1. Although of course the decline was exacerbated by the fact it was in mostly Korean so it had virtually no playlisting, Radio, promotion and was battling against Christmas singles, but whats funny is.. Willow is the song that had 6/7 remixes and multiple accompanied videos released first week along with a discount to .38c.. an even with all that she dropped to #38 for the biggest fall from number 1. Luckily for her at least she at least had radio and playlisting. Willow was the most BS #1 of 2020.

Willow was also competing against Christmas songs… That’s why it fell like that

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

so….. willow?

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 920 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.