Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 920 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Donnna
Xtina
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

If I’m not wrong..levitating has not gone no.1 yet because of less radio so how is it payola??

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/talkofthecharts/status/1391258870350188549?s=21

Popstars Dua Lipa with Dababy won

They might be able to beat Tony and Gaga

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Current General and Pop Winner Predictions</p>
    ROTY- Leave the Door Open

AOTY- An Evening With Silk Sonic

SOTY- Drivers License

BNA- Olivia Rodrigo

BPSP- Drivers License

BPDG- Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Collab/Silk Sonic Song if they submit one here

BPTVA- Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Album

BPVA- Happier Than Ever

Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

did Taylor submit WANEGBT for Pop Solo and Everything Has Changed for BPDG at the 2013 Grammys?

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

did Taylor submit WANEGBT for Pop Solo and Everything Has Changed for BPDG at the 2013 Grammys?

Everything Has Changed hadn’t been released yet

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Random thought I had: could everything going on plus the fact that him and Gaga are legends ge them into AOTY? I’m not saying I think it will happen but it’s not out of the realm of possibillity either.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Random thought I had: could everything going on plus the fact that him and Gaga are legends ge them into AOTY? I’m not saying I think it will happen but it’s not out of the realm of possibillity either.

I think it is definitely possible, two Grammy-favorites collaborating on an album that happens to be the last of one of them has AOTY written all over it. I could see them getting into AOTY, and winning BTPVA and BPDGP

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I wish people would stop feeling the need to explain away female artists’ success. Dua is a young artist who’s just starting her career. She’s only on her second album, of course she’s going to promote her shit and perform it everywhere. How else is she supposed to put her art out there? Radio deals and playlists are completely acceptable promo in the streaming era. Artists engaging in the above aren’t desperate, it’s normal promo. This narrative needs to GO.

I’ve seen many Ariana stans be bitter towards Dua here and I’d just like to point out that during the starting of her career, she used to promote and perform A LOT too. She also had a lot of collabs. Is that payola or desperation too now? Btw this is not a drag towards Ari, she’s great but she too had to work hard to put her stuff out there. Now, she’s popular enough to not lift a finger because her name is promo enough. I just wish her stans would stop with these double standards towards Dua just because she’s competition now.

Profile picture
    DeuxSkyfall
    Topics:

Hallucinate stans down bad!

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Yes. Without the BRP, it will be easier for veteran acts to receive GF nominations again. The narrative of Tony’s health + the GRAMMYs overall admiration for him & Gaga could potentially shake up the Album of the Year category.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I wish people would stop feeling the need to explain away female artists’ success. Dua is a young artist who’s just starting her career. She’s only on her second album, of course she’s going to promote her shit and perform it everywhere. How else is she supposed to put her art out there? Radio deals and playlists are completely acceptable promo in the streaming era. Artists engaging in the above aren’t desperate, it’s normal promo. This narrative needs to GO. I’ve seen many Ariana stans be bitter towards Dua here and I’d just like to point out that during the starting of her career, she used to promote and perform A LOT too. She also had a lot of collabs. Is that payola or desperation too now? Btw this is not a drag towards Ari, she’s great but she too had to work hard to put her stuff out there. Now, she’s popular enough to not lift a finger because her name is promo enough. I just wish her stans would stop with these double standards towards Dua just because she’s competition now.

Its understandable for Dua to promote everywhere, she’s a new act, she needs more exposure in order to get her name out there. Its necessary. “Payola” is what a label aiming to promote their act does, especially towards their up and coming artists. Dua manages to bring back the adequate sum of money to her label, a responsible label SHOULD naturally, use the money to promote their artist in return.

Managing/management, also comes in. I’ve heard she also has a decent management…

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Yes. Without the BRP, it will be easier for veteran acts to receive GF nominations again. The narrative of Tony’s health + the GRAMMYs overall admiration for him & Gaga could potentially shake up the Album of the Year category.

We need more information tbh. We’re still lacking towards how much info we have about it. We still have no idea how they plan to promote, release or campaign this work.

It is certainly a possibility though especially now.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Hallucinate stans down bad!

Levitating stans the superior breed

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett vs. Anderson .Paak & Bruno Mars vs. Billie Eilish in Album Of The Year would be a massacre

FYC | Best music this season:

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I wish people would stop feeling the need to explain away female artists’ success. Dua is a young artist who’s just starting her career. She’s only on her second album, of course she’s going to promote her shit and perform it everywhere. How else is she supposed to put her art out there? Radio deals and playlists are completely acceptable promo in the streaming era. Artists engaging in the above aren’t desperate, it’s normal promo. This narrative needs to GO. I’ve seen many Ariana stans be bitter towards Dua here and I’d just like to point out that during the starting of her career, she used to promote and perform A LOT too. She also had a lot of collabs. Is that payola or desperation too now? Btw this is not a drag towards Ari, she’s great but she too had to work hard to put her stuff out there. Now, she’s popular enough to not lift a finger because her name is promo enough. I just wish her stans would stop with these double standards towards Dua just because she’s competition now.

Ariana fans are bitter for any successful act. Dua is doing Fine, her album is still top10 on BB200 and we are heading in June, she may get a no.1 Song too.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 920 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.