Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 920 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Donnna
Gucci
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Since when has acclaim mattered so much though? FTBC didn’t make it in AOTY last year. While Panned albums like teenage dream have got in.

Yeah, cause it was deliberately blocked. Acclaim does matter, it’s not the end be all but it does factor somewhere.

Anyway, my point wasn’t the acclaim. I know that positions’s acclaim doesn’t matter because it has the commercial success and hits. I was just pointing out that a 71 is still low-key panned when you look at the other scores female artists have been getting lately.

My personal opinion, I’m not sold on either positions or SOUR making it in AOTY. Not yet. Billie’s upcoming album is the only semi lock in AOTY for me.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Personally I think Olivia has adult appeal, DL and G4U became the biggest songs in the world because people of all ages are listening to her music

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Critical acclaim is overrated. Especially when it comes to the GRAMMYs. They vote for who they like. Not who had the best reviews. Certain artists appeal more to their tastes than others.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

If Grammy darlings Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga had albums miss AOTY. Why the (del) is Ariana getting in? She ain’t no Beyoncé.. let alone Taylor or Miss Gaga.

The only way she’s getting in (AOTY) is if the removal of committees and BRP significantly affects her.

Which TBH can very much happen. So I wouldn’t personally hesitate to put her in an AOTY list… I have her at ROTY.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Evermore is so much better than Justice and Positions, it’s a shame that it won’t get the push it deserves

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

If Grammy darlings Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga had albums miss AOTY. Why the (del) is Ariana getting in? She ain’t no Beyoncé.. let alone Taylor or Miss Gaga. The only way she’s getting in (AOTY) is if the removal of committees and BRP significantly affects her. Which TBH can very much happen. So I wouldn’t personally hesitate to put her in an AOTY list… I have her at ROTY.

Neither Taylor nor Gaga are Grammy darlings..Gaga is probably a Grammy pop field darling. Billie , Adele and Bruno are proper examples of grammy darlings.

Also ari will not win… should get nominated. Lack of brp helps all popular artists.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Honestly, the Grammys shouldn’t nominate “Kiss Me More” in ROTY. It’s just a cheaper version of “Say So.”

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Why isn’t “Streets” in the conversation for R&B Performance though?

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Not even close. Rep actually had backlash. Just cause Positions didn’t sell as much as TUN and isnt as acclaimed doesn’t mean it’s considered a bad album by anybody outside of twitter pop stans. Billie, Ariana, and Olivia will make it in. I’m not buying this Justin narrative of him making a slightly better album than Changes that didn’t even perform as well.

Rep had backlash? They have same overall score.. reputation made onto more year end lists than positions..and had a huge record breaking tour gross..I don’t like Reputation but it debuted with 1 million sales(last album to do so) so not like the general public cared if it was a terrible album. That said the feeling after 1989 was that Taylor is over rewarded as compared to black artists and the sentiment after tun is that Ari was robbed…so that should make it easier for Ari to get in….and lack of brp helps..but if brp was there, I would definitely not predict Ari.

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

Critical acclaim is overrated. Especially when it comes to the GRAMMYs. They vote for who they like. Not who had the best reviews. Certain artists appeal more to their tastes than others.

Exactly. Its NOT the end all be all some users think it is.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Neither Taylor nor Gaga are Grammy darlings..Gaga is probably a Grammy pop field darling. Billie , Adele and Bruno are proper examples of grammy darlings. Also ari will not win… should get nominated. Lack of brp helps all popular artists.

They both have over 10 Grammys 😭

That’s more than Whitney, Mariah, Christina, Celine, etc. But I get your point.. 🙂

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

They both have over 10 Grammys 😭 That’s more than Whitney, Mariah, Christina, Celine, etc. But I get your point..

Yeah… most of Taylor’s come from country genre(which she dominated like crazy and there was lack of competetion)..even her general field wins are due to country voters likely.Gaga does not have a gf win yet. They thankfully had a better fate than Mariah and others..svg” class=”emoji”

Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

And the Grammy for Best Spoken Word Album goes to… The Meaning Of Mariah Carey!!!!

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Yeah. Some people would argue that they’re overawarded lmao.. I mean by that logic Kendrick isn’t because he doesn’t have a Grammy GF win. Kanye has like 20 Grammys not one from the GF. Bruno, Adele are Grammy ‘juggernauts’ the term “darlings” simply isn’t enough 😂

Kanye and Kendrick aren’t. They have made the best and most timeless albums (unanimously acclaimed) of this century, are commercially successful and still only manage to win genre categories.

Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

Honestly, the Grammys shouldn’t nominate “Kiss Me More” in ROTY. It’s just a cheaper version of “Say So.”

KMM is better than Say so and it’s also the only pop song by black woman that is a hit this year. Based on the recent Gammy wins, I think they will be taking that into account.

Anyway, I came here to say Peaches should be in the R&B categories. It’s not pop.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 920 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.