Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 920 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Donnna
Gucci
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I remember Rihanna won Best R&B Song for “Shut Up and Drive” at the People’s Choice Awards. Just because a Pop song is sung by a Black performer doesn’t mean it’s R&B…it’s still Pop. I wish Billboard (and MTV) would understand that.

Ugh, yes.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Will the nominations really be on straight vote? That scares me

Shit scare me too gurl. Terrifyin ass shit.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

While the straight vote will result in a mess of a lineup, I think that will make sure the right people win. Like imagine if the AOTY nominees are 7 terrible albums vs. a good one that came in 8th? The “real music, man” voters would make sure #8 wins.

Also the lack of committees increases the chances of a scrumptious WAP sweep. Even the Rap committee would commit the crime of snubbing it, and now we can dream of GF nominations!

In a more pessimistic scenario, though, we would get Billie & Bruno pulling an Alejandro Sanz.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It’s Time To Get Real: Olivia is SWEEPING

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

IMO, “WAP” would have had higher chances with a panel. “WAP” is a hit, yes, but it’s also lowkey a snooty critics favorite. Bitchfork and Rolling Stoned named it their top tracks of 2020. Collectively, it was named the single most acclaimed song of the year. And is just too damn good a song for Pete’s sake.

“WAP” for ROTY!

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

BBMAs are not fan voted. We actually know the winners even before the show happens because we know Billboard’s chart data.

i wasn’t referring to bbmas specifically, what i said included vmas, amas etc.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Olivia Rodrigo is NOT sweeping.  BARF!

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

It’s Time To Get Real: Olivia is SWEEPING

She isn’t but I hope she wins at least bna. She deserves that. And soty or roty. Especially because she has been on the receiving end of too many abuses in the past 3 days.

A 45 year old woman btw.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

SOUR ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

Not many pop girls can get multiple number ones off a single album, let alone solo #1s let alone with their debut album! The bitch is the moment!!

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Sour + thought of winning Album of the Year = PUKE!

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Christ if a teen pop album is what we’re actually predicting for AOTY then 2021 is officially a bad music year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    korthicke
    Topics:

Her and billie are similar enough to where they’d split votes in the general field if nominated together… pop solo on the other hand is olivia’s hands down.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

IMO, “WAP” would have had higher chances with a panel. “WAP” is a hit, yes, but it’s also lowkey a snooty critics favorite. Bitchfork and Rolling Stoned named it their top tracks of 2020. Collectively, it was named the single most acclaimed song of the year. And is just too damn good a song for Pete’s sake. “WAP” for ROTY!

and WAP’s critical acclaim is exactly why I said it’s too strong. the BRP would block it in no time.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Her and billie are similar enough to where they’d split votes in the general field if nominated together… pop solo on the other hand is olivia’s hands down.

and who said anything about Billie getting nominated…

Sc

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 920 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.