Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 920 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Donnna
Xtina
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Today will be interesting for rap.

Obviously Coles dropping. I think providing Cardi doesn’t drop, which is looking more and more likely every week, he’s the clear frontrunner for Rap Album. Megan isn’t that strong. Curious about Nicki too. Rap Performance is dead so she could get in there if the song does okay. She’ll probably have a Trollz situation tho. Considering WAP will probably win there though, I’m not even sure if Nicki will want to get in lmao

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

really interesting that Megan is one of the frontrunners for AOTY in the predictions t when the album already feels dead to me

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

The drivers license girl sounded like Selena Gomez at the Brits lol. I don’t see her winning big at the Grammys just because she’s trying so hard to be the Taylor Swift of the Generation Z

She did not sound like Selena at all lol..she missed a few notes..also she is a pretty good vocalist…she has sung live too many times on stage and on insta lives. Selena’s performance the general public realised was terrible(her team had to put a statement about panic attack)… With olivia only Twitter stans are acting like vocal coaches.

Yeah I don’t see her winning Grammys because she isn’t gonna smash as hard as Billie but I think she is a good contender till now… every popular contender till now is critically panned or average and not some commercial juggernaut… Evermore and cocc have critics but Evermore is no contender for obvious reasons…Lana isn’t getting in because Cocc was a step down from Nfr.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Christina Aguilera is playing the Hollywood Bowl in July with the LA Philharmonic Orchestra. There are rumors she’s realeasing an album and concert film. Traditional Pop Vocal Album contender?

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Don’t get your hopes up with Christina Aguilera. She has been allegedly working on a second Spanish language album for years now. We know for a fact that she collaborated with ROSALÍA, but release dates are a mystery. I think she’ll only release something next year.

JT & Xtina usually release music every 4 years.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

The drivers license girl sounded like Selena Gomez at the Brits lol. I don’t see her winning big at the Grammys just because she’s trying so hard to be the Taylor Swift of the Generation Z

murdered our ears

quit being hateful. She was absolutely stellar. The girl can actually sing and hold a tune. Her voice will get better as it matures. Refreshing to see an actual singer damn whispering depressive daemon.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Important female possible AOTY contenders radar

14th of May, St. Vincent

21st of May, Olivia Rodrigo

30th of July, Billie Eilish

Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

That Morgan Wallen guy better not get any General Field wins…

I feel like he’ll end up sweeping the Country category and get a BNA and AOTY nom…

AOTY - An Evening With Silk Sonic
    ROTY - Levitating with DaBaby
    SOTY - Levitating with DaBaby
    Best New Artist - Olivia Rodrigo
    BPSP - We're Good
    BPD/GP - Levitating with DaBaby
    Best Song Written For Visual Media - Can They Hear Us
    Best Music Video - Levitating with DaBaby / We're Good / Love Again
    Best Music Film - Studio 2054
    Best Spoken Word Album - The Meaning Of Mariah Carey

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

quit being hateful. She was absolutely stellar. The girl can actually sing and hold a tune. Her voice will get better as it matures. Refreshing to see an actual singer damn whispering depressive daemon.

Calling a 19 year old a demon is not at all hateful!

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

If Olivia is a lock for ROTY, SOTY, & BNA, an AOTY nod shouldn’t be that hard to secure. Without the BRP she’ll easily get in if SOUR streams well and manages to produce a few more hit singles.

I’m not so sure. I think she’ll miss AOTY, unless ger album does really well and she manages to get another hit. But also, with all the changes made, i’m not feeling super confident about any of my predictions to be honest.

Profile picture
    400lux
    Topics:

Refreshing to see an actual singer damn whispering depressive daemon.

Right because this is not hateful at all.

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

She did not sound like Selena at all lol..she missed a few notes..also she is a pretty good vocalist…she has sung live too many times on stage and on insta lives. Selena’s performance the general public realised was terrible(her team had to put a statement about panic attack)… With olivia only Twitter stans are acting like vocal coaches. Yeah I don’t see her winning Grammys because she isn’t gonna smash as hard as Billie but I think she is a good contender till now… every popular contender till now is critically panned or average and not some commercial juggernaut… Evermore and cocc have critics but Evermore is no contender for obvious reasons…Lana isn’t getting in because Cocc was a step down from Nfr.

y’all call good vocalist anyone these days

It wasn’t as bad as Selena tho. And this doesn’t affect her Grammy chances in any way, let’s see how her album performs

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

That Morgan Wallen guy better not get any General Field wins… I feel like he’ll end up sweeping the Country category and get a BNA and AOTY nom…

he won’t stand a chance against chris and kacey

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

Rock Song - "My Baby Wants a Baby" by St. Vincent
    Rock Performance - "Zitti e Buoni" by Måneskin
    Rock Album - Carnage by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Today will be interesting for rap. Obviously Coles dropping. I think providing Cardi doesn’t drop, which is looking more and more likely every week, he’s the clear frontrunner for Rap Album. Megan isn’t that strong. Curious about Nicki too. Rap Performance is dead so she could get in there if the song does okay. She’ll probably have a Trollz situation tho. Considering WAP will probably win there though, I’m not even sure if Nicki will want to get in lmao

J Cole is still the frontrunner so far. Nicki’s about to drop they say. Not sure whether or how the new rules are affecting her.

Yes, there’s also a chance of Nicki competing against Cardi again 😂

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Olivia can actually really sing lol.

They just had a problem with the arrangement. Her voice just went on top of the instrumentals. They should’ve arranged the song a little bigger most specially on the last part.

She’s about to surprise people with her voice imo. Maybe surprise herself too lol… Like girl you can actually SANG!

*She’s still new and young, she might’ve yet to explore her potential. She’s still on a phase of imitating other people’s voice/sound. (her current problem)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 920 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.