Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 920 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Donnna
Xtina
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Can we please find a way to support artists we like without tearing other artists down? You can support Olivia Rodrigo without shading Billie Eilish, and the same goes with all artists

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, NOT holding my breath on a new album from Christina Aguilera.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Not Grammys related, but it was a serve to have Michelle Obama to present Abel the award for Best International Solo Artist. That transcended the Grammys because the Grammys knew Abel did what needed to be done! Fuck all y’all Abel haters! Again, he did what needed to be done!

After Hour is the AOTY of 2020 with Folklore, Fetch the Bolt Cutters, Whats Your Pleasure, and RTJ4. And that’s on period no backtalk flops!

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    scientifically
    Topics:

I’m not counting on a AOTY nomination for Olivia, I heard a snippet from her next single ‘good 4 u’ and it sounded like a disney soundtrack with very immature lyrics, if her whole album follows this sound then well..

I said I would wait for her album to form a judgement, but I heard the snippet as well and it’s annoying how some people here are predicting a whole sweep for girl that makes the same TikTok music Conan Gray does and frankly hasn’t shown us anything Taylor didn’t do before, either.

I understand she’s a teen and she’s probably still growing into her own sound. I also won’t deny she has talent and a gorgeous voice, but by now she’s already shown some major industry plant behavior and people are just eating it up because she’s a major swiftie.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

I said I would wait for her album to form a judgement, but I heard the snippet as well and it’s annoying how some people here are predicting a whole sweep for girl that makes the same TikTok music Conan Gray does and frankly hasn’t shown us anything Taylor didn’t do before, either. I understand she’s a teen and she’s probably still growing into her own sound. I also won’t deny she has talent and a gorgeous voice, but by now she’s already shown some major industry plant behavior and people are just eating it up because she’s a major swiftie.

Do you all know what industry plant is… getting a hit song isn’t industry plant..and it is not like she has been winning awards.

The moment ppl see newcomers get success they call it industry plant.

People eating up because she is a swiftie is nonsense.. Taylor herself hasn’t had a song as huge as Drivers License in a while…her success has nothing to do with Taylor. The swiftie part just generates publicity on social media which has very little impact.

And yes, I don’t think she will sweep or even win anything at all for that matter.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

TOTC posted the biggest hits of the chart year so far(Nov. 2020 till May 2021) that will propably be still high on the YEC of Hot100 in November

https://twitter.com/talkofthecharts/status/1392737661341757449?s=21

#1 Mood

#2 Drivers License

#3 Blinding Lights

#4 Levitating

#5 Positions

#6 Go Crazy

#7 34+35

#8 Therefore I Am

#9  What You Know About Love

#10 Save Your Tears

Some of them are early ROTY/SOTY contenders

Drivers License(most propably only SOTY), Levitating, Positions and Therefore I Am (both ROTY/SOTY noms)

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

TOTC posted the biggest hits of the chart year so far(Nov. 2020 till May 2021) that will propably be still high on the YEC of Hot100 in November

https://twitter.com/talkofthecharts/status/1392737661341757449?s=21

#1 Mood

#2 Drivers License

#3 Blinding Lights

#4 Levitating

#5 Positions

#6 Go Crazy

#7 34+35

#8 Therefore I Am

#9 What You Know About Love

#10 Save Your Tears

Some of them are early ROTY/SOTY contenders

Drivers License(most propably only SOTY), Levitating, Positions and Therefore I Am (both ROTY/SOTY noms)

Honestly love that half of these are by women, great year for them in music. I see drivers license, Levitating, positions and TIA all as very likely GF nominees. What You Know Bout Love seems likely for the Rap categories. Save Your Tears would be a great contender, especially for Pop Duo, but sadly Abel isn’t submitting….

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Btw, am i the only one who just can’t see Ariana in Pop Duo right now? Her submission will probably be 34+35 Remix but Kiss Me More is easily entering before it. Met Him Last Night bombed, I just can’t see it getting any near a nomination. Save Your Tears would be great but it isn’t getting submitted. Hoping to see her having another duet later in the year.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/orcharts/status/1392564596540678144?s=20

Yeah I doubt the album will get good reviews.Label influence and rushed execution. Not a very serious contender in my opinion.

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

Btw, am i the only one who just can’t see Ariana in Pop Duo right now? Her submission will probably be 34+35 Remix but Kiss Me More is easily entering before it. Met Him Last Night bombed, I just can’t see it getting any near a nomination. Save Your Tears would be great but it isn’t getting submitted. Hoping to see her having another duet later in the year.

Same but I think she will do more collabs this year, if something is a hit..she will great chances.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Liv on the cover of Billboard! Looking absolutely stunning!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO0NpYynGOT/?igshid=vf1j3kbv0azd

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    chrisanegron
    Topics:

Strong reviews starting to come in for St. Vincent’s Daddy’s Home.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I once heard it said that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Everything that made the news concerning him made his album sales go through the roof.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

. Publicity for being a racist isn’t good publicity. As far as I’m concerned he and his mullet can go back to the farm he came from and stay there. The world doesn’t need him. Also says a whole lot about the intelligence level of his fans but that’s not a real shock when I read some of their defense tweets I guess lol 😂 He had two chances and torpedoes his career both times cuz his dumb self didn’t follow Covid rules and snl still gave him a second shot but that turned a lot of people off and then he did what he did. Dude is trash. There are so many better country artists out there and his fans need to leave the rocks they are hiding under and actually listen to Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, and people that aren’t human trash instead. Hell, thomas Rhett has a new ablbjm out I think soon hopefully they find that and forget all about the joe dirt look alike. (Smiles)

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

he won’t stand a chance against chris and kacey

thank god

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Levitating, Positions and Therefore I Am (both ROTY/SOTY noms)

Levitating will have to overcome the tiny hurdle of not being eligible for SOTY

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 920 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.