Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 925 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
TheFunkyDeltron
ˈdī(ə)mən..
Boz
  • Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

If you push the narrative ” Grammy loves Anderson so much ” then i will ask, why they didn’t give him a GF win until possibly next year. He doesn’t have big sales or a crossover hit until LTDO so does H.E.R. They gave H.E.R. a SOTY award this year. They could’ve gave that Anderson for Lockdown song.

They loved Bruno in 2018 too but all the nominees in AOTY was rappers and a pop girl who doesn’t get genre support. His SOTY rivals was Despacito and Logic’s suicide hotline song who doesn’t get any genre support. The situation is not the same from 2018.

Last year around this time, everybody predicted The Weeknd domination or Fiona Apple on everywhere. Everybody said ” WTF?” after the noms came out. I believe Swift could sweep when show day came and i felt like a clown when everybody gets one award except Roddy and Phoebe.

So i don’t take granted the locks or sweeps. Anything can happen, we can’t predict the future. That’s all i’m saying.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

That’s true but 2018 was the year that voters got the biggest hard-on for Bruno which i don’t know the hard-on will be the same.

Well, that’s a fair take but the wild card here is Anderson .Paak, who I think makes this duo more credible in terms of the content quality. Both artists have been overly respected by the Grammys so let us not fool ourselves here, the hard-on will be bigger than ever and they will easily sweep.

Billie Eilish will NOT win against Silk Sonic in SOTY and neither will Olivia Rodrigo nor Taylor Swift. If submitted, I can only see WAP beating them so far.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

HER vs. Silk Sonic will be an insane Grammy battle. The campaigning will be off the charts. It’ll be interesting to see if they end up vote-splitting.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Well, that’s a fair take but the wild card here is Anderson .Paak, who I think makes this duo more credible in terms of the content quality. Both artists have been overly respected by the Grammys so let us not fool ourselves here, the hard-on will be bigger than ever and they will easily sweep. Billie Eilish will NOT win against Silk Sonic in SOTY and neither will Olivia Rodrigo nor Taylor Swift. If submitted, I can only see WAP beating them so far.

So i don’t take granted the locks or sweeps. Anything can happen, we can’t predict the future. That’s all i’m saying.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

The new Wolf Alice album is out in a few hours! Alternative album contenders???

St. Vincent, “Daddy’s Home” is the only lock nominee for Alt album I can think of so far. Gorillaz could definitely get in too, as their album has been very acclaimed and includes namecheck collaborations.

Wild card contenders here that could also get submitted to other genres include:
    – Fleet Foxes – Shore
    – Taylor Swift – Evermore
    – Lana Del Rey – Blue Banisters (?)
    – Julien Baker – Little Oblivions
    – Girl In Red – If I Could Make It Go Quiet
    – Arlo Parks – Collapsed In Sunbeams
    – Lana Del Rey – Chemtrails Over The Country Club
    – Adrianne Lenker – Songs/Instrumentals

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Record of the Year is so damn weak this year.

i think it’s the most strongest categories this year. Whatcha mean? I can come up with a strong list here:

1. Leave the Door Open

2. Drivers License

3. WAP

4. Peaches

5. Kiss Me More

6. Therefore I Am

7. Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

8. Indie pick that’s solid

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Olivia can still win SOTY from Silk Sonic. Bookmark me.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    TomJerryAlt
    Topics:

I’m still not sure about the Silk Sonic sweep after this year’s mindfuckery.

Olivia can still win SOTY from Silk Sonic. Bookmark me.

I agree as well. Maybe an AOTY/ROTY for Silksonic is plausible so far. But since Olivia has been overperforming and completely, mind-blowingly, exceeding expectations, I personally think she has a strong case for SOTY! (?)

*fingers crossed*

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I think Lost Cause is a fun and chill song. Definitely better than the fine but depressing and slightly boring Your Power.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

i think it’s the most strongest categories this year. Whatcha mean? I can come up with a strong list here: 1. Leave the Door Open 2. Drivers License 3. WAP 4. Peaches 5. Kiss Me More 6. Therefore I Am 7. Montero (Call Me By Your Name) 8. Indie pick that’s solid

I would put Levitating too, they love Dua.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

If you push the narrative ” Grammy loves Anderson so much ” then i will ask, why they didn’t give him a GF win until possibly next year. He doesn’t have big sales or a crossover hit until LTDO so does H.E.R. They gave H.E.R. a SOTY award this year. They could’ve gave that Anderson for Lockdown song.

They loved Bruno in 2018 too but all the nominees in AOTY was rappers and a pop girl who doesn’t get genre support. His SOTY rivals was Despacito and Logic’s suicide hotline song who doesn’t get any genre support. The situation is not the same from 2018.

Last year around this time, everybody predicted The Weeknd domination or Fiona Apple on everywhere. Everybody said ” WTF?” after the noms came out. I believe Swift could sweep when show day came and i felt like a clown when everybody gets one award except Roddy and Phoebe.

Eh. The panel didn’t like “Lockdown”. Pretty simple. But that doesn’t negate the fact that Anderson.Paak is well-liked. The fact that he took out some of the biggest songs in rap with a song that didn’t even chart says how much he is liked. Now he has crossed over, thanks to Bruno Mars.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Eh. The panel didn’t like “Lockdown”. Pretty simple. But that doesn’t negate the fact that Anderson.Paak is well-liked. The fact that he took out some of the biggest songs in rap with a song that didn’t even chart says how much he is liked. Now he has crossed over, thanks to Bruno Mars.

Paak and Bruno are well-liked but whole awards sweep liked, i don’t know. That’s all i have to say.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Record of the Year is so damn weak this year.

i very nuch disagree. it’s the only GF category for me where there’s already been enough releases to fill the 8 spots without being a weak category

leave the door open, divers license, therefore i am, levitating, positions, kiss me more, good days, peaches, WAP/up, mood, montero, H.E.R. …

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

St. Vincent, “Daddy’s Home” is the only lock nominee for Alt album I can think of so far. Gorillaz could definitely get in too, as their album has been very acclaimed and includes namecheck collaborations. Wild card contenders here that could also get submitted to other genres include: – Fleet Foxes – Shore – Taylor Swift – Evermore – Lana Del Rey – Blue Banisters (?) – Julien Baker – Little Oblivions – Girl In Red – If I Could Make It Go Quiet – Arlo Parks – Collapsed In Sunbeams – Lana Del Rey – Chemtrails Over The Country Club – Adrianne Lenker – Songs/Instrumentals

You don’t think Adrianne and Fleet Foxes are being submitted to folk?

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

Rock Song - "My Baby Wants a Baby" by St. Vincent
    Rock Performance - "Zitti e Buoni" by Måneskin
    Rock Album - Carnage by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Starting to think Olivia will split the submissions between Drivers License and Good 4 U, artists with more than 1 smash hits in a year have done it in the past years: Adele, Bruno, Ariana

I think Good 4 U will be her ROTY submission.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 925 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.