Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 925 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
TheFunkyDeltron
Music Forever
Boz
  • Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Can you give me one reason to expect a diverse lineup without a panel? Again, you just need to look at the past winners of the GF to realize it’s clearly going to to ran by pop.

We’re not talking about winners, we’re talking about nominees. Stop bringing winners. Look at the nominees.

Source?

Post Malone, Drake and Katy Perry circa 2010.

Under a straight vote loads of albums that were quite small have happened in BPVA, so no you don’t.

We are talking about AOTY, not BPVA.

So in other words, we know for a fact they like Evermores style.

They liked Folklore but i’m not sure they liked the same album for the next year.

i don’t think many of you actually understand what underperforming is

Positions(album) spent 18 weeks top 10 on BB200, that’s one week less than Thank You Next. 7 Rings and TUN were obviously bigger hits, but it is not like Positions(song) and 34+35 were flops. They were smaller hits for Ariana and the album did great, but I also don’t see her in GF and it is ok.

I didn’t say Positions the album was a flop, it did okay on the charts. But after Thank You Next record you automatically expect so much more from Ariana. That’s why i said she’s underperformed.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

The Grammy reversed the 33% rule for songwriters, producers and engineers in AOTY.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/grammys-expand-album-year-eligibility-rule-updates-1234981753/

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

I agree, Lana is not propably happening. The timing last time was better for her.

also, the album in question was also better…

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

We’re not talking about winners, we’re talking about nominees. Stop bringing winners. Look at the nominees.

The nominees have previously been DECIDED BY A PANEL. That is not happening this year. The winners have always been decided BY A STRAIGHT VOTE. That is happening this year. Knowing winners have been consistently pop and knowing that even BEAUTIFUL FUCKING PEOPLE would be a soty nominee under this system, it’s completely reasonable to predict 5 pop nominees.

Post Malone, Drake and Katy Perry circa 2010.

UNDER A PANEL SYSTEM.

And actually, at the time of its nomination TD was about as big as Justice and Positions. It had only gotten 2 of its 6 #1s. It was big, but not nearly as inescapable as it would later become.

We are talking about AOTY, not BPVA.

And only one of these has been decided on by a straight vote historically.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Grammy’s New Rules

The “33% or more” rule no longer effective, so everyone that contributed to the album will be credited as winner.

And there’s plenty of new rules too

Taylor is coming for 4th AOTY if SOUR wins it

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

That EP wasn’t on AOTY, Everyday Life was and it was a committee choice.

The EP was nominated in the pop field on a popular vote (in the same year of their inescapable Chainsmokers collab).

Going off the sound of Higher Power (and the promo they’ve been doing), Coldplay themselves clearly want this era to be commercially successful in a way that Everyday Life wasn’t.

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

taylor’s coming to be the first artist to win 4 AOTY awards when SOUR wins next year now that the 33% rule is gone 👏

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Now that Good 4 U is shaping up to be another monster hit, I’m curious if Rodrigo/her team will follow the Beyonce, Adele, Ariana, Harry route with submissions

Scenario 1
    — ROTY, SOTY, BPSP: driver’s license

Scenario 2
    — ROTY, BPSP: good 4 u
    — SOTY: drivers license

Scenario 3/4
    — ROTY, SOTY: DL (or G4U)
    — BPSP: G4U (or DL)

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

The nominees have previously been DECIDED BY A PANEL. That is not happening this year. The winners have always been decided BY A STRAIGHT VOTE. That is happening this year. Knowing winners have been consistently pop and knowing that even BEAUTIFUL FUCKING PEOPLE would be a soty nominee under this system, it’s completely reasonable to predict 5 pop nominees.

And by the STRAIGHT VOTE, you decide they will FUCKING GO FULL TEEN CHOICE AWARDS. Panel or not, they want to make this shit more diverse than all 8/8 popular albums. We’ll see that on nominations day.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

It’s quite possible for the straight vote to favor pop music. However, with the way urban music has been popular in the mainstream, what makes you think voters won’t favor that? Plus, someone like H.E.R. and Chris Stapleton have strong ties among the voting academy. I don’t trust this straight vote thing one bit, but I also don’t think it will necessarily be pop music that dominates the field. The entire body votes in the general field.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

I just wanna ask this, what if Olivia decides to send Good 4 u for the rock field?

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Now that Good 4 U is shaping up to be another monster hit, I’m curious if Rodrigo/her team will follow the Beyonce, Adele, Ariana, Harry route with submissions

Scenario 1
    — ROTY, SOTY, BPSP: driver’s license

Scenario 2
    — ROTY, BPSP: good 4 u
    — SOTY: drivers license

Scenario 3/4
    — ROTY, SOTY: DL (or G4U)
    — BPSP: G4U (or DL)

Scenario- 2 looking good. Driver’s license bridge/songwriting had a lot of hype.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

And by the STRAIGHT VOTE, you decide they will FUCKING GO FULL TEEN CHOICE AWARDS.

Considering no panel has resulted in Yummy being a grammy nominated song, this isn’t even close to far-fetched.

Panel or not, they want to make this shit more diverse than all 8/8 popular albums

Name some strong non pop albums. All the alternative album contenders aren’t even half as strong as Jamie let alone FTBC. Rap has a forgotten Megan album and J. Cole, who has zero cross-genre appeal. R&B has H.E.R. and Silk Sonic who I am predicting.
    And I would really like you to say what indicates that they’re going to go for diverse nominees. Under a straight vote, the closest thing pop has to that is maybe Colors by Beck getting namechecked?

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Grammy’s New Rules The “33% or more” rule no longer effective, so everyone that contributed to the album will be credited as winner. And there’s plenty of new rules too Taylor is coming for 4th AOTY if SOUR wins it

Lol imagine if justice wins 500 people will go up to receive the award. That album has only features.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Name some strong non pop albums. All the alternative album contenders aren’t even half as strong as Jamie let alone FTBC. Rap has a forgotten Megan album and J. Cole, who has zero cross-genre appeal. R&B has H.E.R. and Silk Sonic who I am predicting. And I would really like you to say what indicates that they’re going to go for diverse nominees. Under a straight vote, the closest thing pop has to that is maybe Colors by Beck getting namechecked?

Didn’t Jamie and FTBC has blocked by the committee? Now that committee is gone St. Vincent got a better chance for nomination. You forgot country field, they has a big Grammy names like Stapleton and Musgraves too. J Cole doesn’t need to cross genre appeal. If the rap field fully supports him, he’s a nominee too. Silk Sonic is almost a lock, even some people predicts it will win AOTY even before released. I would say SZA but R&B field doesn’t like her unfortunately. H.E.R. might not be releasing the album, even without the album she got lots of industry success. We still got 4 months, there’s lots of possibilities.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 925 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.