Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 925 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Boz
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

Wolf Alice – Blue Weekend is 97 on Metacritic by the way. One point higher than TPAB, i’m gonna listen that album.

Blue Weekend is a great album and you should give it a listen, but having said that, I always preferred albumoftheyear.org who just give a score based on the average of reviews and don’t apply any adjustments or weighting factors in the way Metacritic does.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Wolf Alice – Blue Weekend is 97 on Metacritic by the way. One point higher than TPAB, i’m gonna listen that album.

And one less than Fiona.

*waits for the Bitchfork review*

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Not sure where the Ariana underestimation is coming from. She’s a more consistent pop nominee than Bieber and Taylor, and I’m sure a lot of people could namecheck her, not to mention Positions still has two big hits and a current radio single. Don’t think she’s a lock by any means, but she’s definitely more likely than some of the names thrown out here.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

It’s definitely not a Blues album. I could see rock, but it feels more alternative given how many genres it incorporates.

That’s where disagree. For me, all her submissions could’ve gone to AR other than stuff like “Goat Head.” My preference list for her submitting was always Contemporary Blues then Rock. I didn’t even think she’d go Alternative.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Wtf??? Now I really gotta listen to this! I’ll tell y’all what I think.

Seems like there’s some competition for St. Vincent in Alt Album

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Does Ariana even care about the Positions era anymore? It was a rushed release that received mixed reviews and has already been overshadowed by the more popular SOUR & most likely Happier Than Ever. Bieber has also cranked out one single after the next off Justice. Miss Grande could easily be left out AOTY in favor of any of those three Pop acts. This album was not an undeniable event.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

That’s where disagree. For me, all her submissions could’ve gone to AR other than stuff like “Goat Head.” My preference list for her submitting was always Contemporary Blues then Rock. I didn’t even think she’d go Alternative.

Hmm, IDK. I always thought “Stay High” would go either American Roots or Traditional R&B, so I was surprised to see it go Rock considering it’s not a Rock song. “History Repeats” and “Georgia” are rock enough, “Baby” and “Goat Head” are R&B/Soul, and the rest is either American Rootsy or whatever “13th Century Metal” is. Overall Alternative fits the bill IMO.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

I don’t think Pitchfork will give it an amazing review. They’ve been promoting Japanese Breakfast all week and haven’t given one mention to Wolf Alice that I’ve seen. Or does that mean nothing?

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Both positions and Justice are frankly mediocre albums that are a step down from their previous work but Ariana and Justin are constant pop nominees so they stand a fair chance at getting nominated in AOTY, especially since the committees have been abolished. Imo, that exponentially increases their chances in the general field because both of them have been blocked there before.

However, I’m not putting them above Olivia and Billie in AOTY. I also don’t think the entire AOTY lineup will be 6/8 pop as insinuated by some posters. I think there will be at max 3 pop albums in AOTY. Which can be Olivia, Billie and either of Ariana/Justin/Taylor with Ariana being the most likely out of the three.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Blue Weekend is a great album and you should give it a listen, but having said that, I always preferred albumoftheyear.org who just give a score based on the average of reviews and don’t apply any adjustments or weighting factors in the way Metacritic does.

This!! albumoftheyear.org’s score seems more legible and fair to me. They also include more reviews.

That’s my go to review site.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I’m surprised everyone has just assumed Blue Weekend will compete in Alternative. I think it could get slotted in Rock Album.

Profile picture
    Religion
    Topics:

I personally loved the Positions album, my favorite from her. I highly doubt it will get into AOTY, especially being so early in the cycle and lack of any sort of attention or promo since the release. Sour and Happier Than Ever will likely be the only pop nominees in AOTY, evermore also has a decent chance

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

With no real AOTY frontrunner, a veteran act like Foo Fighters could easily win if nominated. Unless Billie receives raves & sells/streams astronomical numbers, I don’t see voters giving her a second AOTY so soon. Especially for a sophomore era that feels less undeniable than her first.

Silk Sonic is playing the game very strategically by letting LTDO breathe until the album drops. Their project will be a major cross genre event. It’s kind of obvious where things are headed for them @ the Grammys.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I personally loved the Positions album, my favorite from her. I highly doubt it will get into AOTY, especially being so early in the cycle and lack of any sort of attention or promo since the release. Sour and Happier Than Ever will likely be the only pop nominees in AOTY, evermore also has a decent chance

Gurl, check your music taste buds.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 925 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.