Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 921 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Boz
Gucci

• Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, hate to say it; Ariana Grande is NOT missing Best Pop Solo Performance (BARF!).  She is always pure filler in that category.

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I’m betting on Kiss Me More to make it in BPDGP too.

it should win too. It’s better than all the possible songs + it would give Doja and SZA their first Grammy together!

Diamond Tier
    Topics:

“Positions” (or “MONTERO”) would be my personal BPSP winner BTW. So I hope she isn’t snubbed 😉

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I’m confused why people are doubting Ariana will not get pop nominations. Her album is extremely successful, she’s Ariana freaking Grande, and she’s white. Checks all the pop boxes for me. No shade, love my white pop girlies, but that’s the hard truth. If Doja Cat put out Positions, she wouldn’t have been nominated in pop.

Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I’m confused why people are doubting Ariana will not get pop nominations. Her album is extremely successful, she’s Ariana freaking Grande, and she’s white. Checks all the pop boxes for me. No shade, love my white pop girlies, but that’s the hard truth. If Doja Cat put out Positions, she wouldn’t have been nominated in pop.

Extremely successful = Thank U, Next

Positions is a middle of the road era for her: average reviews, little promo, & singles that will likely feel old by the end of eligibility. Again, she’s definitely in (for now). But as the Grammys proved last year, no one is ever too safe.

Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

it should win too. It’s better than all the possible songs + it would give Doja and SZA their first Grammy together!

I agree, I love that song. It’s such a bop. I’m rooting for either LeBaby remix or Kiss Me More in BPDGP.

Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Honey, hate to say it; Ariana Grande is NOT missing Best Pop Solo Performance (BARF!). She is always pure filler in that category.

For an artist as popular as Ariana Grande, you’d think she’d have won that category by now. Taylor & Billie seem to have bad luck in BPSP too.

Vogue
    Topics:

This aggressiveness to call Positions a flop because it didn’t debut as big as TUN…..lol. Especially when both spent the same number of weeks in the top 10….lol. Carry on.

Vogue
    Topics:

For an artist as popular as Ariana Grande, you’d think she’d have won that category by now. Taylor & Billie seem to have bad luck in BPSP too.

She’s lost to Gaga in the height of her ASIB era, and literally Adele. And the loss to Lizzo, 7 Rings wasn’t a strong submission.

Diamond Tier
    Topics:

This aggressiveness to call Positions a flop because it didn’t debut as big as TUN…..lol. Especially when both spent the same number of weeks in the top 10….lol. Carry on.

Who called Positions a flop ?

Boz
    Topics:

Now, we have new up and coming acts like Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Lil Nas X, Doja, and now Olivia who are taking spots (deservingly). Ariana is not missing Pop Solo but she can miss Pop album. I still have her at ROTY though…

Ariana is NOT missing Pop Album. She’s more consistent there than Bieber, a more consisten Pop nominee than Taylor, and has three top 5 Pop radio hits. She’s especially not missing to Lil Nas X of all people, and I say this as a Lil Nas X stan from the moment OTR charted.

Boz
    Topics:

Ariana hasn’t had a lukewarm era…until now.

Positions is arguably bigger than Dangerous Woman, especially pre-Side to Side. You could also make the case that its hits are bigger than the Sweetener hits too.

Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

She’s lost to Gaga in the height of her ASIB era, and literally Adele. And the loss to Lizzo, 7 Rings wasn’t a strong submission.

If global smash hit 7 Rings wasn’t a strong submission then what makes you think positions is one…?

Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Positions is arguably bigger than Dangerous Woman, especially pre-Side to Side. You could also make the case that its hits are bigger than the Sweetener hits too.

Lies.

Boz
    Topics:

If global smash hit 7 Rings wasn’t a strong submission then what makes you think positions is one…?

It has less competition to get a nom. 2020 Pop Solo was extremely packed, this year her competition to get a nom is a Bieber song nobody remembers and a Taylor Swift song nobody remembers.

Positions is also more Grammy friendly than 7 rings.

But then again, no one is arguing that Ariana is winning Pop Solo. Olivia has that category in the bag. But thinking she’s missing is a little bizzarre.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 921 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.