Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 925 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
TheFunkyDeltron
ˈdī(ə)mən..
Boz
  • Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is not missing Pop Solo. Some of y’all are doing to much when homegirl has been consistent ever since My Everything. Like what exactly is she missing to? We’re Good by Dua Lipa?

Major snubs happen every year henny. I said it’s a possibility. We’re only here to theorize & make predictions, right? Look at my current Pop Solo line-up before you claim I’m “doing too much” sir.

As of now, Olivia, Lil Nas X, Billie, Ariana, Taylor, Justin, Dua, & possibly P!NK are in the mix. But there’s also Ed, Doja, and more on the way. Anything can happen. Just ask Post Malone & The Weeknd.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Post Malone and The Weeknd had had major Pop snubs before their 2021 Pop snubs; Ariana hasn’t.

If the names “Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande” aren’t twice in your Pop predictions, you’re lying to yourself.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Post Malone and The Weeknd had had major Pop snubs before their 2021 Pop snubs; Ariana hasn’t.

If the names “Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande” aren’t twice in your Pop predictions, you’re lying to yourself.

Ariana hasn’t had a lukewarm era…until now. Nor has she been an unstoppable force in any Pop category. All good things come to an end eventually boo. Positions isn’t a flat out flop but it isn’t undeniable either. Again, I’m not NOT predicting her (see Page 12 in the Pop Field thread if you need clarification).

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is not missing Pop Solo. Some of y’all are doing to much when homegirl has been consistent ever since My Everything. Like what exactly is she missing to? We’re Good by Dua Lipa?

Now, we have new up and coming acts like Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Lil Nas X, Doja, and now Olivia who are taking spots (deservingly). Ariana is not missing Pop Solo but she can miss Pop album. I still have her at ROTY though…

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, hate to say it; Ariana Grande is NOT missing Best Pop Solo Performance (BARF!).  She is always pure filler in that category.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I’m betting on Kiss Me More to make it in BPDGP too.

it should win too. It’s better than all the possible songs + it would give Doja and SZA their first Grammy together!

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

“Positions” (or “MONTERO”) would be my personal BPSP winner BTW. So I hope she isn’t snubbed 😉

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I’m confused why people are doubting Ariana will not get pop nominations. Her album is extremely successful, she’s Ariana freaking Grande, and she’s white. Checks all the pop boxes for me. No shade, love my white pop girlies, but that’s the hard truth. If Doja Cat put out Positions, she wouldn’t have been nominated in pop.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

I’m confused why people are doubting Ariana will not get pop nominations. Her album is extremely successful, she’s Ariana freaking Grande, and she’s white. Checks all the pop boxes for me. No shade, love my white pop girlies, but that’s the hard truth. If Doja Cat put out Positions, she wouldn’t have been nominated in pop.

Extremely successful = Thank U, Next

Positions is a middle of the road era for her: average reviews, little promo, & singles that will likely feel old by the end of eligibility. Again, she’s definitely in (for now). But as the Grammys proved last year, no one is ever too safe.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

it should win too. It’s better than all the possible songs + it would give Doja and SZA their first Grammy together!

I agree, I love that song. It’s such a bop. I’m rooting for either LeBaby remix or Kiss Me More in BPDGP.

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Honey, hate to say it; Ariana Grande is NOT missing Best Pop Solo Performance (BARF!). She is always pure filler in that category.

For an artist as popular as Ariana Grande, you’d think she’d have won that category by now. Taylor & Billie seem to have bad luck in BPSP too.

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

This aggressiveness to call Positions a flop because it didn’t debut as big as TUN…..lol. Especially when both spent the same number of weeks in the top 10….lol. Carry on.

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

For an artist as popular as Ariana Grande, you’d think she’d have won that category by now. Taylor & Billie seem to have bad luck in BPSP too.

She’s lost to Gaga in the height of her ASIB era, and literally Adele. And the loss to Lizzo, 7 Rings wasn’t a strong submission.

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

This aggressiveness to call Positions a flop because it didn’t debut as big as TUN…..lol. Especially when both spent the same number of weeks in the top 10….lol. Carry on.

Who called Positions a flop ?

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Now, we have new up and coming acts like Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Lil Nas X, Doja, and now Olivia who are taking spots (deservingly). Ariana is not missing Pop Solo but she can miss Pop album. I still have her at ROTY though…

Ariana is NOT missing Pop Album. She’s more consistent there than Bieber, a more consisten Pop nominee than Taylor, and has three top 5 Pop radio hits. She’s especially not missing to Lil Nas X of all people, and I say this as a Lil Nas X stan from the moment OTR charted.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 925 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.