Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 925 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
TheFunkyDeltron
Diamond Tier
Boz
  • Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

H.E.R. is definitely in good standing with the Recording Academy. Idk if she started off as a “panel choice” or not, but by winning Song of the Year last year (for a powerful song, but a non-hit) she’s proven her popularity with the whole voting group.

Album of the Year nom is probably on lock unless a lot goes wrong.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Stans always do the most on random forums as if the people here are Grammy voters lol. Save this energy. Just make your own predictions and go. Grammys are unpredictable as hell and trends are broken every year, why can’t posters just make their own predictions and let others do their own even if they’re unconventional/wacky/out of the norm? You guys are no fun.

Exactly, my thoughts. Don’t be so sure about predicting and don’t insult other people predictions and opinions. Anything can happen, anything.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    B.A.I.T
    Topics:

really like that lorde lead single ” solar  power ” its fun a lot less on the lyrical content purposefully whilst still having a very clever and charismatic delivery across the track and great production from jack antonoff the vocal mix is the highlight just wish lorde had a higher vocal in the outro if she was layered into the mix at all.

The lyrics detail a simple enjoyment of the summer sun and season. The way she talking about her man like sounds like she has no heartbreak to really sing about her this obviously a stark contrast to green light and melodrama as a whole.

It’s certainly a mainstream appealing message that will be heard all summer long don’t know if this is telling of the singles coming though and have a feeling this album will be longer than melodrama and i certainly wonder if she will be referencing that retro sound throughout the album her singles certainly foretold the sound on melodrama.

and finally whoever is on backing vocals almost sounds like a sample its great.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Actually no it’s not. You’re comparing eras arbitrarily without considering the circumstance of their releases. Positions benefited from a lack of competition during a WW pandemic. Hence why it’s chart success somewhat sustained. Sweetener & DW had more impact & were much bigger eras in comparison. That’s not factually or objectively false at all. Saying Positions is “extremely successful” is though.

Exactly. Lol. Ya’ll haven’t had an Adele, Bruno, Beyoncé, Kendrick, maybe even Rihanna album in a while and it shows. Once those megastars release ya’ll are gonna know what a real era looks like.

Aren’t campaign strategies supposed to change? With the straight votes more significant than ever, aren’t we going to get Oscar-levels of campaign for that spot? H.E.R. is already out here performing at Country award shows. She can surprise.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I didn’t even know Solar Power leaked- it got released on my Apple Music and now it’s gone?

Anyway, the song is LITERALLY so good. So fresh and so summer. Definitely giving summer hit vibes. It’s very very different from the whole teensy angst aesthetic in her past two albums and I’m here for it. Huge huge hit potential, her team needs to play their cards right with this one.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Billie and H.E.R kinda on lock in AOTY.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Bad Bunny needs to be nominated for Album of the Year, he is undoubtedly the best Latin artist to come out since Shakira! He represents the most popular genre in the world and his music sells! What do you guys think About LA NOCHE DE ANOCHE getting into Pop Duo/Group?

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    B.A.I.T
    Topics:

i’m shook to find out pheobe bridgers and clairo are background vocalists they sound so great guessing that could be lorde’s reference in the lyric ” acid green and aquamarine “

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I see more possibilities of Dakiti into ROTY than El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo in AOTY. Dakiti is also going for a spot in BPDGP.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

I see more possibilities of Dakiti into ROTY than El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo in AOTY. Dakiti is also going for a spot in BPDGP.

Rosalia is a past Best New Artist nominee and she has won before. The academy could embrace Rosa and Benito’s collab more.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

H.E.R.’s debut album is being released next Friday, June 18th. How do you guys think she will fare with her official debut album?

I think she’s locked for AOTY/ROTY/SOTY noms. And I’ve been saying this, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she sweeps.

She knows all of the right people, performs at all of the right events, and is a respected instrumentalist. Again, seeing someone like Chris Stapleton praise her made me realize why she keeps winning at every award show.

+ I’ve said this before but the HER vs. Silk Sonic battle will be interesting. A lot of vote splitting potential there.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Bad Bunny is not making it into pop or soty/roty with Dakiti, or any track for that matter that doesn’t have a beloved or popular Grammy/us artist on it.

His prior noms where due to Dua & Cardi.

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Bad Bunny needs to be nominated for Album of the Year, he is undoubtedly the best Latin artist to come out since Shakira! He represents the most popular genre in the world and his music sells! What do you guys think About LA NOCHE DE ANOCHE getting into Pop Duo/Group?

I fully expect the Latin block to unite behind him in the general field. Idk what their numbers look like, but I assume it’s enough to make it into AOTY etc.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

H.E.R. is also performing at the Prime Day Concert the day before her album drops.

PDC

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice is a great album. I don’t know if it happens in AOTY/Alternative Album or not, it deserves recognition.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 925 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.