Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 1,794 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
lipabridgerst..
  • Profile picture
    Akachukwu
    Topics:

Billie Did That. NDA is so GOOD Y’ALL. I Can’t stop listening to it.

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

Watch Bo Burnham’s Inside get an AOTY nomination.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

All the Billie songs are boring. She needs to move on from her Brother. It’s time.

Y’all are really on Doja’s dick per usual. 99% of you guys all thought her only nomination this year would be BNA. Yet she got in Pop Solo and ROTY despite the stupid allegations and Dr Luke mess. Instead of ridiculing posters over predictions why not just wait for the outcome? Just know this she’s much more likely than Green Weekend or whatever stupid indie rock bands that you all are a championing to seem cool and “astute”.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

I think Doja is very likely getting into aoty…kmm into roty. She will get some love from both pop and rap voters.

Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

She got an solo roty nod. That means a lot becuase there were plenty pf successful tracks in 2020

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

That solo ROTY nod was picked by a committee. We’ll see if she can get in again on a straight vote. She also didn’t win any of her nominations.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

Ehh winning is another thing, it was an extremely strong year. Nobody really excepted it to win anyways

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

That solo ROTY nod was picked by a committee. We’ll see if she can get in again on a straight vote. She also didn’t win any of her nominations.

Every General field nominee was picked by a committee. You’re acting like Say So was an obscure pick as if it didn’t make the pop solo lineup on a straight vote.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

The Say So nod proves Doja can get in with hit songs, which is why I’m predicting Kiss Me More in ROTY and Pop Duo. Say So also totally made top 8, not sure why anyone is denying this.

But again, the ONLY thing Doja has going for her is a hit song. I don’t buy that that alone is gonna carry her to a nomination in AOTY.

She’s also, like I said before, a distant 6th in BPVA and she really doesn’t have the cross-genre appeal a lot of you seem to think she does. How much rap support do you guys seriously think Doja’s getting? Urban radio avoided Planet Her like the plague (KMM didn’t even chart and You Right is already out after peaking #48 for one week). But also like, go look at what won Rap Album this year. Tyler the Creator and Megan Thee Stallion are gonna get more votes from pop than Doja would from rap.

Just know this she’s much more likely than Green Weekend or whatever stupid indie rock bands that you all are a championing to seem cool and “astute”

I’ve literally never once claimed that Blue Weekend is above Planet Her. They’d be lucky to even make top 20.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I’m predicting Kiss Me More in ROTY too but something about the re-structuring of the nominations process tells me things might not turn out to be as predictable as we might be thinking. We’ll definitely have to wait until the eligibility period is over to have a complete picture, but it’s likely that SZA can carry some weight too.

Just know this she’s much more likely than Green Weekend or whatever stupid indie rock bands that you all are a championing to seem cool and “astute”.

I don’t recall many people seriously predicting Blue Weekend to happen in Album Of The Year, but even if they did what’s wrong with it? People are allowed to have their preferences just like you do, it’s all about respecting each other in our differences.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

How do we feel about Snoh Aalegra? Her career has been lasting since 2001 but she’s now getting lots of recognition. I’m keeping my eye on her for a BNA nominee but more likely in the R&B field.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

How do we feel about Snoh Aalegra? Her career has been lasting since 2001 but she’s now getting lots of recognition. I’m keeping my eye on her for a BNA nominee but more likely in the R&B field.

I’m hopeful for a BNA nod. She seems the most poised out of all the eligible R&B acts this year but we’ll see if she’s even eligible. She’s been out for a while. Might have already submitted more than 3 times.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

“POV” + Song of the Year submission = BARF! 🤢

Viewing 15 posts - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.