Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,711 through 1,725 (of 1,794 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
lipabridgerst..
  • Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

chemtrails over the country club will not be nominated for aoty, no one remembers this album anymore

I will most likely take it out of my predictions until her new album comes out.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

1. H.E.R. will definitely be an EGOT winner before we know it. (She’ll get a Tony Award somehow 😭)

2. Billie is experiencing the “sophomore slump” bad. This whole whispering on songs isn’t what people want anymore. It was cool and interesting in the beginning but now it’s getting boring. I will actually be very surprised if she wins anything next year.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, I agree.  Billie Eilish’s vocals are atrocious.  BARF! 🤢

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

So, are the mods really gonna let this thread get to 2k?

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

1. H.E.R. will definitely be an EGOT winner before we know it. (She’ll get a Tony Award somehow 😭) 2. Billie is experiencing the “sophomore slump” bad. This whole whispering on songs isn’t what people want anymore. It was cool and interesting in the beginning but now it’s getting boring. I will actually be very surprised if she wins anything next year.

I agree. I think it’s time for her to drop the whisper singing.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Olivia is the new “it” girl in Pop. Fans are very fickle. The Billie hype was only going to last so long until the hot new thing came around.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Olivia is just a successful act, Billie was different from the pack, thus this girl has 7 Grammys awards in just 2 Grammy ceremonies.  Gold Derby about to set up this Olivia girl, before noms are out.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

All musical artists are putting on an act to a certain degree and that includes Taylor Swift, who I’m a big fan of by the way. Billie is not failing to chart singles in the top ten because a new it girl is in town, she is failing to chart singles in the top ten because her singles sound too much like her last Albums singles except not as good. All the Grammys haven’t saved her from this.

Anyway, I don’t think an act always has to chart singles in the top ten anyway. Nobody can win all the time. Billie is in a better position than Lorde who will probably end up looking like a one hit wonder to the general population.

Profile picture
    Lfs
    Topics:

Olivia is just a successful act, Billie was different from the pack, thus this girl has 7 Grammys awards in just 2 Grammy ceremonies. Gold Derby about to set up this Olivia girl, before noms are out.

We made a topic discussing Disney Stars and etc. regarding the possible bias or underperformance that might happen towards and/or against her. (**You can even see it on my Forum Topics made/created). We acknowledge it for sure..

Profile picture
    robertwill
    Topics:

okay, but if I’m not mistaken, wasn’t WWAFAWDWG similarly not as chart successful before its release? wasn’t its highest peaking single “Bury A Friend” at no. 14, before “Bad Guy” was released on the same day of the album and ultimately went no. 1?

I personally do not like Billie’s new songs. they feel too unconventional, but not enjoyably so—and her vocals really get on my nerves, as I feel like they sound crackly in a way. “NDA” I thought was alright, but nothing has come close to “my future” yet. maybe the album will be different, but for me, her first album got so tired so quickly, aside from a few songs. I guess we’ll just have to see lol. if the Recording Academy puts her in just on the basis of her as a perennial favorite, though, I’m gonna be so mad.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Billie is suffering not just a sophomore slump but the material is Horrible. At least with Lorde, Melodrama was fucking amazing. This new album .. so far all I hear is shit track after shit track. It’s either Finneas is purposely sabotaging her because he wants her career. Or she’s going deaf. #Pray4Billie

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Jon Batiste just swept the entire awards season. He could easily get in R&B on a straight vote. Visibility + respected musician = bait.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Jon Batiste just swept the entire awards season. He could easily get in R&B on a straight vote. Visibility + respected musician = bait.

.. ok. But do voters know his music?

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

.. ok. But do voters know his music?

Umm he’s a 3x Grammy nominee so yes. Lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1,711 through 1,725 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.