Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 1,794 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Music Forever
TheFunkyDeltron
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Best of luck to Normani. Hopefully this new single reignites interest in her solo career. She deserves to be a superstar.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I wasn’t feeling Normani’s snippet too but we’re not sure yet if that’s her lead single and I’m still super excited for the album. It’s finally happening!

Those features are all rumours. Insiders really listed every potential artist as a collab on Normani’s album 🤨 I personally think only SZA and Ariana are happening.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I’m fvcking with Chloe’s snippet more and looking more forward to her solo project. But I’m still here for Normani superstardom.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I think Normani’s debut will most likely feature Khalid, Missy Elliott, Megan Thee Stallion & Travis Scott. Rihanna is a possibility but I’m not positive on that. The Megan x Travis x Normani track could be also on Travis’ album or Megan’s project. And I predict the Cardi x Normani and Normani x Nicki collaborations are on CB2 and NM5. The rumored Missy and Normani song was completed in 2018 with background vocals from Big Freedia (the snippet is online).

Profile picture
    AuxPlayer
    Topics:

I think Normani’s debut will most likely feature Khalid, Missy Elliott, Megan Thee Stallion & Travis Scott. Rihanna is a possibility but I’m not positive on that. The Megan x Travis x Normani track could be also on Travis’ album or Megan’s project. And I predict the Cardi x Normani and Normani x Nicki collaborations are on CB2 and NM5. The rumored Missy and Normani song was completed in 2018 with background vocals from Big Freedia (the snippet is online).

Sounds like Normani has an entire breakthrough planned through. Can’t wait!!!

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Might get dragged for this but Bo Burnham could lowkey be a WTF nominee in AOTY.

homeboy deserves best comedy album for sure for sure

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Halsey looks really amazing I’m in awe. Bitch reinvented herself

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Do we think it is possible that Olivia Rodrigo could pull a win in all four general field categories? Drivers License for Record & Song, Sour for Album, and then Best New Artist? I’m thinking Song and New, but I’m not sold on Album or Record. What do you guys think?

It is a possibility. BNA is obviously hers to lose, but I think it will all come down to competition for Album Of The Year:
    – If Silk Sonic continues to delay the album release past the deadline, Olivia could benefit from that.
    – If Billie’s album tanks in reception (and possibly also sales) and if the same happens to Lorde (who was never that big of a contender anyway) then Olivia’s album will be significantly favored
    – If no other darlings release before the deadline (Bey, Adele, Kendrick, Kacey, etc.) and the eligibility period remains as dry as it is, she will definitely have a shot
    – Taylor Swift’s “Evermore” will definitely be a wildcard here to watch, though technically if Sour were to win, Taylor Swift would win too per the new rules so it doesn’t seem like the voters would mind not favoring her album.

As for Record and Song, I think ROTY will prove the hardest for her to win, but she could still also lose both to Silk Sonic.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, it’s a wrap for Normani.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

It is a possibility. BNA is obviously hers to lose, but I think it will all come down to competition for Album Of The Year: – If Silk Sonic continues to delay the album release past the deadline, Olivia could benefit from that. – If Billie’s album tanks in reception (and possibly also sales) and if the same happens to Lorde (who was never that big of a contender anyway) then Olivia’s album will be significantly favored – If no other darlings release before the deadline (Bey, Adele, Kendrick, Kacey, etc.) and the eligibility period remains as dry as it is, she will definitely have a shot – Taylor Swift’s “Evermore” will definitely be a wildcard here to watch, though technically if Sour were to win, Taylor Swift would win too per the new rules so it doesn’t seem like the voters would mind not favoring her album. As for Record and Song, I think ROTY will prove the hardest for her to win, but she could still also lose both to Silk Sonic.

Yeah, i kinda feel the same although a split between ROTY and SOTY can happen.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    TheBadLoving
    Topics:

I can only see Olivia winning BNA and ROTY in GF!

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Halsey looks really amazing I’m in awe. Bitch reinvented herself

yes I loved the trailer!

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Link to the snippet I can’t find it on her socials

https://twitter.com/carlysfever/status/1414759970315329542?s=19

It doesn’t sound bad but not all that special to me. Then again it is only a snippet so it’s unfair to fully judge.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Planet HER is extremely stable on the BB200 chart

2-2-2(predicted)

If it stays stable until September, it should get into AOTY.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Cardi B teasing her new album, announcement tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.