Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    Antony Partcero
    Topics:

They might pull an Esperanza Spalding.

Praying for this.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Kid Cudi has been flying very under the radar but he’s been promoting his album all year. It may feel like old news but I think he could still happen in the Rap field. He’s doing a gig with the darlingest darlings for Amazon.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is no Stevie Wonder LOL

and ya’ll literally said that Taylor would never win a third because she is no Stevie Wonder or Frank Sinatra. Now look where we are at.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Lol

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar to Headline Day N Vegas Festival 2021 (Friday, November 12)
    “From Section.80 to DAMN.”

new album probably in 2022

Kendrick Lamar

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

DAMN KENDRICK!.. AT LEAST RELEASE A SINGLE, WE FUCKING MISS YOU!…

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I am dying for an Adele single or album. Easy predictions and something to listen to. Please Adele make it happen

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Does anyone know if “The Prom” is eligible this year in the Visual Media field? I know they changed rules recently so I don’t know where it falls. But if it’s eligible, I think it’s a strong contender

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I was thinking who could have the most nominations this year, and a few people came to mind.

I think H.E.R. is on her way to the most noms. With Back of My Mind, she’s likely getting into AOTY and (Progressive?) R&B Album; Damage could very well get into ROTY, SOTY, R&B Performance, and R&B Song; Fight For You for Best Song Written For Visual Media; Hold On or Fight For You for Best Traditional R&B Performance (she should release the studio version of the Hold On remix with Chris Stapleton); Hold Us Together featuring consistent Christian nominee Tauren Wells for Best Contemporary Christian Song/Performance. All that amounts to nine nominations, and knowing H.E.R. and NARAS, none of those are stretches. And keep in mind I’m leaving out the DJ Khaled/Migos collab for Rap, or the possibility of multiple R&B Song nominations again.

Silk Sonic will likely get 6-7 nods (GF + R&B Perf, Trad R&B Perf, R&B Song, R&B Album); it’s gonna depend on whether they submit something to R&B Performance, and of course if they actually drop the album.

I see Olivia Rodrigo getting into all the categories she’s submitting with the exception of maybe Best Music Video. That’d be 6, assuming she doesn’t submit anything to the rock field (even if she does, IDK if they’d care for her, but “Brutal” did get some Alt airplay without even being sent to radio). Stapleton could likely get 6-8 too (AOTY, SOTY, Country Solo, Country Song, Country Album, and maybe two Americana nods if he submits a song there).

Billie Eilish so far will get 5 noms.

I have Ariana and Bieber with 3-6, with 2 or 3 in the Pop Field and/or 1-3 General noms.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

We didn’t talk about it much but what are your predictions for Best Engineered Album and POTY? Those are kinda key for AOTY award.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Does anyone have predictions for the dance field as well? It’s not talked about much but it’s usually quite an interesting one every year. Kylie Minogue has been consistently nominated for Dance Recording in the past with 1 win, so I’m expecting to see her getting a nod, maybe for “Say Something”. Her album “Disco” could also be nominated but I’m not counting on it since she’s never received a nod for Dance Album.

Other than that we could maybe see Sylvan Esso in Dance Album, but because it’s not on the same level as their previous record that did get nominated, I’m unsure about that one too.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Does anyone have predictions for the dance field as well? It’s not talked about much but it’s usually quite an interesting one every year. Kylie Minogue has been consistently nominated for Dance Recording in the past with 1 win, so I’m expecting to see her getting a nod, maybe for “Say Something”. Her album “Disco” could also be nominated but I’m not counting on it since she’s never received a nod for Dance Album.

Other than that we could maybe see Sylvan Esso in Dance Album, but because it’s not on the same level as their previous record that did get nominated, I’m unsure about that one too.

I feel like dance voters are a little too snobby to nominate Kylie Minogue, assuming she even gets submitted there and not in Pop.

I could see that Regard/Troye Sivan/Tate McRae collab getting in, it’s proven to be a big hit.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

We didn’t talk about it much but what are your predictions for Best Engineered Album and POTY? Those are kinda key for AOTY award.

Both going to Silk Sonic 😂

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Jack Antonoff is for sure getting in POTY for his work on:
    – Daddy’s Home
    – Evermore
    – Solar Power
    – The new Bleachers album
    – Chemtrails Over The Country Club
    – Sia – Music

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Both going to Silk Sonic 😂

They didn’t released though. I think they might miss the deadline, that would be a dumb move for them but they just released the song, performed it somewhere and dipped.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.