Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson co-write Original Song for Aretha Franklin Biopic ‘Respect’ with Carole King

“Here I Am (Singing My Way Home)” arrives June 18; Epic Records to release the film soundtrack on Aug. 13.

Visual Media material.

Omg Carole King

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

the re-recording will be a turn-off to some voters

how?

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    korthicke
    Topics:

Just to be clear, who did everyone want to win ROTY in 2010?

for lady A year? Empire State of mind i guess? Need you Now probably 2nd

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

That was the Lady Antebellum SOTY/ROTY year win right??

The general field however was a fcking mess that year 😭

Them nominating for ROTY “Nothing On You”, “Love the Way You Lie”, “F*** You”, “Empire State of Mind” then eventually giving it “Need You Now” was…. not really surprising :((

It was upsetting to say the least.. but not really unexpected

“Need You Now” was the presumed frontrunner before the nominations were even announced.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Album of the Year: The Fame Monster
    Record of the Year: Empire State of Mind
    Song of the Year: The House That Built Me

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

Album of the Year: The Fame Monster Record of the Year: Empire State of Mind Song of the Year: The House That Built Me

Was “Bad Romance” submitted for consideration on ROTY and SOTY?

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Was “Bad Romance” submitted for consideration on ROTY and SOTY?

it was and I believe it was blocked. Horrendous, one of the worst snubs along with Blinding Lights.

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Yeah, I didn’t get to see the original post. I spent some time re-listening to the nominees and here are my thoughts: Record of the Year should’ve gone to either “Empire State of Mind” or “Need You Now.” If the argument was that the nominee lineup wasn’t good, then I’d understand. But everyone saying they chose the wrong song really has me deeply confused. I never understood the hype over “Love the Way You Lie.” It’s, like, nothing that special. “Nothin on You” gets on my nerves, it sounds so cheesy. “Fuck You” is another one I never really understood the hype over, except maybe the music video or something. “Need You Now” literally was the second best performing song on Billboard after “Tik Tok.” For a country song, that’s just damn right incredible.

[Rant Part] Looking at the Billboard Hot 100 Singles of 2010, I wanna barf. I don’t remember that year much, but was that the best it had to offer??? So, I decided to look at the year-end lists of both Rolling Stone and Pitchfork to see what the critics were digging. “Runaway” was at the top of Rolling Stone‘s list and second on Pitchfork‘s behind that Ariel Pink song. Arcade Fire also made the top ten of both lists with different songs, but my personal ROTY submissions for them would’ve been “Ready to Start” or “The Suburbs.” Narrowing it down to the nominees, of course “Empire State of Mind” and winner, “Need You Now,” weren’t on either list given it was released in 2009 (see why that calendar year thing might not be such a bad idea, Grammys?). On both lists, “Fuck You” ranked the highest at #2 (Rolling Stone) and #26 (Pitchfork). “Nothing on You” ranks at #43 on the Rolling Stone list and nowhere on Pitchfork‘s. “Love the Way You Lie” is on neither list. From the 2009 lists, “Empire State of Mind” is at #44 on Pitchfork and “Need You Now” is nowhere to be seen. Rolling Stone seemingly had no list that year, but on their decade-end list, neither song is present, and neither are any of the nominees on the 2010s list. On Pitchfork‘s 2010’s list, again, none of these songs are present, same with the 2000’s list. Basically what this implies is that the Grammys ROTY lineup that year was not good (shocking). [End rant]

So, from acclaim, it’s probably “Fuck You” that was likely to win? But my opinion really remains unchanged. It was either “Need You Now” or “Empire State of Mind” for me. I never knew the song was this hated. So shook. Oh well…

Yeah honestly this is all news to me as well!!

Thanks btw for doing this analysis/review! It was a fun & fascinating read, great stuff!..LOVED it…

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Yeah honestly this is all news to me as well!! Thanks btw for doing this analysis/review! It was a fun & fascinating read, great stuff!..LOVED it…

Thank you!

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

how?

A cynical money grab, to extract more cash from her gullible fans who already convinced their rich/middle class parents to pay for multiple copies of folklore (was it eight different covers?), evermore, Fearless (TV) and soon another rerecording, all in the space of one year.

Easy money when don’t have to write anything new for the rerecordings.

Soon in millions of homes: “But mom I have to have the new album to save Taylor from the bad man who controls her masters”

Not that I’m saying that of course, but some Grammy voters might see it that way.

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Thank you!

Yes!! You are very welcome! 💛

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

A cynical money grab, to extract more cash from her gullible fans who already convinced their rich/middle class parents to pay for multiple copies of folklore (was it eight different covers?), evermore, Fearless (TV) and soon another rerecording, all in the space of one year. Easy money when don’t have to write anything new for the rerecordings. Soon in millions of homes: “But mum I have to have the new album to save Taylor from the bad man who controls her masters” Not that I’m saying that of course, but some Grammy voters might see it that way.

I personally don’t think so :(( but again I can’t speak for other people. The multiple copies for different covers… is a choice I guess…but the re recordings is something I think her fans have been looking forward too… Yeah I think a swiftie could have a better insight on this..

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Do you guys seriously think these grammys are going to be too snobbish for the rerecordings?

Like they chose to nominate the same Beyoncé song that had already just won over Tik Tok, one of the biggest songs ever. Miss me with that logic.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Do you guys seriously think these grammys are going to be too snobbish for the rerecordings? Like they chose to nominate the same Beyoncé song that had already just won over Tik Tok, one of the biggest songs ever. Miss me with that logic.

That’s Beyoncé..😂

But yeah I get your point…

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

The Fame Monster AOTY
    Love the Way You Lie ROTY
    F**k You SOTY

Bad Romance was robbed yes, The Suburbs still a great win, Need You Now boring win

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.