Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
Created
1 day ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerryAlt
Xtina
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Billie is a Grammy darling. I doubt she misses to Doja Cat or Lorde.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Ariana most likely missing BPVA if competition is that tight and pack. You guys hear it first from me.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : evermore
    Record of the year : willow
    Song of the year : willow
    Best pop vocal album : evermore
    Best pop solo performance : willow
    Best pop duo/group performance : no body no crime (feat. HAIM)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

Lorde radio station interview, talking about her Solar Power music video:

“It was all one shot and it was so difficult. Everything had to go perfectly for us to get that shot working. We must’ve done it 10 or 12 times I reckon, the weather had to  perfect, it all had to come together.”

Looking at the video again, it’s one shot right up to 2:00 where they cut away to a different scene.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

I still don’t understand how “ties” happen in the Pop field. But it seems like this year there will be 6 slots in BPVA:

• Justin Bieber
    • Billie Eilish
    • Ariana Grande
    • Olivia Rodrigo
    • Ed Sheeran
    • Taylor Swift

Ariana & Taylor could tie JT & Kelly at 5 nominations each. Not that voters care about that though.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

I liked Lorde’s new song. It’s good. I don’t know she can get enough support though.

Olivia is closest to lock on BPVA, she’s the most successful popstar of the year. The Weeknd was the most successful one last year but he was R&B star turned popstar. They didn’t accept or support it.

I’m gonna listen to Liz Phair’s new album Soberish. Another veteran name and unlike her earlier projects, it recieved well too. She might have a chance for rock/alternative categories.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

BPVA had such a locked top 5!!! Fuck Ed for messing that up!!!

I think Justin’s out. Then again, Changes being a BPVA nominee while Justice misses would be weird. Maybe Taylor’s out? Maybe we really overestimated the love they’ll have for Olivia? Maybe Ariana’s done? Who really knows? I’m just gonna pray for a tie to make this easier.

I also love the new Megan vid and song. Praying for two rap song nods for Megan. Would love a BMV nod too but it feels way too MTV.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerryAlt
    Topics:

BPVA had such a locked top 5!!! Fuck Ed for messing that up!!! I think Justin’s out. Then again, Changes being a BPVA nominee while Justice misses would be weird. Maybe Taylor’s out? Maybe we really overestimated the love they’ll have for Olivia? Maybe Ariana’s done? Who really knows? 

Well..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

And when Olivia gets a complete shutout a la weeknd…!

This can happen btw. We’re all too comfortable calling her a lock. Maybe the Grammy voters decide she’s too juvenile for them and give it a pass. But who’s willing to not predict Olivia anywhere?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

And when Olivia gets a complete shutout a la weeknd…! This can happen btw. We’re all too comfortable calling her a lock. Maybe the Grammy voters decide she’s too juvenile for them and give it a pass. But who’s willing to not predict Olivia anywhere?

I have this feeling too. She’s too juvenile for the Grammys taste. Little teen pop girls never won Grammys for this kind of music…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Olivia is guaranteed at least a BPSP nom for Drivers License and another one for BNA, but she could definitely underperform elsewhere.

FYC | Best music this season:

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Olivia is having a big album that will challenge for the biggest album of the year in commercial terms, that alone will land her pop vocal nom. The era is with two huge no.1 hits. I would worry for albums that peaked early in the eligibility period and maybe will be forgotten by September.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerryAlt
    Topics:

And when Olivia gets a complete shutout a la weeknd…! This can happen btw. We’re all too comfortable calling her a lock. Maybe the Grammy voters decide she’s too juvenile for them and give it a pass. But who’s willing to not predict Olivia anywhere?

I love Olivia so much but I have her lock for BNA and BPVA. She’s the current front-runner. Imo no one’s stopping her there. The only thing that could possibly happen is an upset or shock split for  BPSP.  For the past couple years, the biggest songs of the year all lost here. (“Bad Guy”, “Don’t Start Now”, ) as controversial as it may seem, she could actually loose this. However she IS the BPSP (Pop Solo Performance) front-runner. Unlikely but might possibly happen depending on circumstances. For general field (ROTY/SOTY) she’s getting overestimated. She IS getting nominated across the field. A win is another discussion. There is a chance she might surprise tho for maybe SOTY(?)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Sorry I don’t buy for a second that Olivia is going to be too ‘juvenile’ for the grammys.

Is her intended demographic teenage girls? Yes. Are teenage girls the only ones that listen to her music? No.

For one, the biggest meme about the album was all about how millenials were enjoying it ( https://twitter.com/annetdonahue/status/1395748250448285700https://twitter.com/benyahr/status/1395792339944288256 , https://twitter.com/gabebergado/status/1395760581047726087 , https://twitter.com/heyjaeee/status/1395808686505926658 ) and I could find more but you get the point.

And like everyone has pointed out, there is no way these streams are coming solely from teenage girls. Plus, the reviews the album got, which were all from ADULTS, were all positive.

Also, even if it is immature will that really hold her back? Are the same people that nominated My World 2.0 really going to be too snobbish for Sour? Maybe this is controversial but Sour deals with very similar themes to Fearless and in very similar ways. Hell, the current big grammy darling is a 19 year old girl.

Sorry but this just feels like a VERY weak point.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

I doubt she’s getting a complete shut out. Yeah, she’s a teen pop girl but she’s not the only teen pop girl in history that got big and gets nominated for a Grammy. This is her year so far. However, anything can happen. Maybe Silk Sonic gets a shut out. Maybe H.E.R. gets a shut out. How do we know?

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    heygetlost__
    Topics:

Fearless is just as juvenile as SOUR and that won AOTY. Lorde, billie were also the same age as olivia when they won.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.