Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,794 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

I struggle to take any of Taylor’s political ‘activism’ seriously after she made a symbolic gesture in her own sexual assault trial and was able to be on the cover of Time magazine alongside the founders of the MeToo movement, make a song and dance about her allyship towards LGBTQ people (after years of silence), yet decided to work on film made by a known, self-admitted sexual assaulter of his transgender niece.

She is no activist for sure.. shouldn’t be credited as such. As far as the movie is concerned, nothing confirmed from her side and she probably joined looking at the star cast and directors track record with past movies(Casting for movie was done early 2020 and there was barely any outrage so I doubt any of the high profile celebs who joined for Oscars have any idea).
    That said , music industry supporting me too is a joke because there are lot of accused /convicted people Taylor and every other celeb that supported me too associates with daily.
    Anyways, why are we discussing Taylor’s activism instead of predicting grammy noms.. Taylor at the end of the day is a capitalist like any other celebrity and will talk about/do stuff only when it has some benefit for her.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

AOTY frontrunner will be released tomorrow

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Its not just Taylor, celebrities ONLY support causes when it benefits their careers. The naivity of some stans is astounding!

Like the way some “feminists” use humankind just to be dramatically woke, when the word “humanity” already exist and means the same.

Feminist Swift suddenly supporting non-straight people, Beyonce dramatically embracing her blackness, St. Drake and St. Bieber bringing cameras to their charity sprees, Bisexual Harry roaming in dresses, Billie insisting her bogus clothing is a statement against sexualising women, then going sexy all of a sudden etc. Are all strategic altruism to appease their fan demographics.

Of course they may enjoy it, but they are all strategies primarily. I enjoy good music, not buy their B.S.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

doja cat is more likely in aoty than bpva

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

(…) Black Beyonce going feminist on us, (…) Billie insisting her bogus clothing is a statement against sexualising women (…)

wtf is that first sentence

Also, Billie wore baggy clothes because she was underage. She just simply didn’t want to be assaulted at the age of 17.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Doja Cat gives me the same vibe as Rihanna & Carrie Underwood, in the context that most of her nominations throughout her career will be for performance categories only. Not albums.

Though unlike those two, she’ll retire at like 0 wins out of like 8-10 nominations max.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I feel Olivia is gaining ground as the days go by, she will end up with the two biggest hits of the year in consumption units and probably the biggest album of the year, unless Ed or Billie have a smash album. We are approaching July and I don’t see any big releases in August/September.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Damn guess the backlash is real. Time to take Billie out of my predictions. 😬

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

As bad as the backlash is, I think Billie is safe. She might not be top 3, but she’s in.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

wtf is that first sentence Also, Billie wore baggy clothes because she was underage. She just simply didn’t want to be assaulted at the age of 17.

You don’t need to digest a malicious meaning from my word play, while carefully ignoring the sarcastic pattern of the surrounding phrases.

Back in 2019, I remember Billie telling Elle that she wore baggy to keep people from sexualising her. Then in 2020, she told Insider that it was actually because she felt ashamed of her body.

Here’s the thing, they could either mean the same, or the second was to serve as a perfect motivation for her now contrasting style. I don’t really want to go into more details about this, just read the articles again. As usual, my cynicism might be misinterpreted as hate.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Damn guess the backlash is real. Time to take Billie out of my predictions. 😬

If by backlash you mean stan twitter randomly picking a battle against Billie for a stupid Instagram caption, sure… go ahead.

Seriously, this whole “queerbaiting” thing is probably the most laughable and childish thing I’ve heard this year. And I don’t think it’ll affect Billie’s chances like some are expecting. If she doesn’t get in this year (which i doubt) it’s simply because the new music is not up to the level of WWAFAWDWG.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

She confirmed in a Rolling Stone that none of the new songs are joyful or “happy” and sound reminiscent of her EP. I think the released singles are an actual indication of the album

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

There is no backlash until media actually talks about it. Most sensible people think it is a lame debate. The media houses that spoke on it mocked the people attacking Billie..so no there is absolutely no backlash.
    On the other hand, Eds new song sounds painfully generic…he refuses to evolve artistically.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

People are hating on her because the guy she is dating has offensive tweets that resurfaced from the past. It’s all over tik tok.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

People really think that backlash will end Billie…..????? Since when Grammy takes this thing for real…..???? Heck I’m not even surprise if Morgan gets fucking nominations despite having bigger controversy.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.