Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 1,794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

All Ed cares about are charts. He’s the solo Marooon 5. He will compromise his sound and ride any current trend.

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

People are hating on her because the guy she is dating has offensive tweets that resurfaced from the past. It’s all over tik tok.

And what’s the point with Billie Eilish? Did people expected her to do a full research about this guy’s past and his old tweets? Should he do a DNA test too? People are stupid 🙄

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

All Ed cares about are charts. He’s the solo Marooon 5. He will compromise his sound and ride any current trend.

You mean the female Taylor Swift

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Since when folklore and evermore are trendy?

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Yes because indie alt-pop dominated the charts in 2020

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Maroon 5 is the solo Maroon 5.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Tyler “CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST” out on June 25

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

I don’t think the backlash will end Billie but there is a possibility that she can’t show the same 2019 dominance again. Just like i said before she’s self-sabotaging herself.

Ed Sheeran is like the pop version of Drake.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

billie will be fine lmao people on new tiktok find something new to complain about every couple of days.

also i heard a snippet of the ed song and it’s not that bad tbh, will probably be a huge radio hit. he’s going all out with the promo so it’ll be an easy number 1 debut.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

I wasn’t feeling Cole’s album so I’m glad Tyler is here to save the day. I just hope that doesn’t jeopardize Meg’s chances.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

And what’s the point with Billie Eilish? Did people expected her to do a full research about this guy’s past and his old tweets? Should he do a DNA test too? People are stupid 🙄

she’s over.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

I wasn’t feeling Cole’s album so I’m glad Tyler is here to save the day. I just hope that doesn’t jeopardize Meg’s chances.

Bro, Cole’s album is his best work since 2014FHD. Tyler can win but also Tyler is mad at Grammy. Meg already isn’t winning unless WAP is nominated. That album is mad forgotten.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

But it is still stable after 6 months, it hasn’t left the top 40. With no single since February, Good News is doing very well and actually increased 2 spots on this week’s Billboard 200. I would rule it out.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I’m sorry but art is first and foremost a safe space for artists to do whatever they want and express themselves how they wish. This is why mature reviews don’t dwell much on an album’s subject matter unless it’s something uncalled for like Tory Lanez. So, why are we dictating what should and shouldn’t be said?

On one one hand, they’ll look like they’re doing the right thing. But to a lot of people, if not most, they’ll look performative.

It’s what resides within the artist that they express and not what the public demands they express. The latter only makes it seem ingenuine and, at large, pointless.

[Rant part]

Look at Marvin Gaye’s What’s Going On?, one of the best pieces of music mankind has ever come across. He was told specifically not to release this project, but look what following his gut got him. You can hear the passion in his voice as he poses questions that were poignant at the time.

Same with Springsteen’s Born in the USA. You can hear vividly the intense passion in his voice chanting that song. No one told him to, he just did what he wanted and it came out perfect.

N.W.A. literally had the cops on them like white on rice for “Fuck tha Police.” But they carried on regardless and made an epic protest track against police brutality.

If you think this was only a thing of the past, you’re wrong too. To Pimp a Butterfly is an example of a masterpiece that can arise from when an artist as talented as Kendrick Lamar means what he says.

It’s not all about the government either. The first 10/10 Pitchfork album in almost a decade, Fetch the Bolt Cutters, touches issues of bullying and rape. And I don’t need to say more than her perfect Pitchfork score to tell you the album is great.

On the flip side…

When artist’s are pressured to making statements, you get tracks like “You Need to Calm Down.” Critics were divided on this track, to say the least. And while I choose not to slander her intentions, there’s audibly not that much effort put into this track. It’s, to me, not one of her best, but it’s not bad either.

Taylor excels at love songs like “Lover,” “Blank Space” and “cardigan” to highlight a few. Compare these three to “You Need to Calm Down.” It’s subjective, for sure, but I bet you hear a distinct drop in what I would call “zeal.”

[End rant]

Again, homophobia, racism, police brutality, sexism and all forms of hatred or social ill are never to be condoned. It is also important that our art represent that message as well. But this shouldn’t be imposed on any artist is all I’m say, regardless their celebrity status. Taylor could make an entire LGBTQ+ themed album and nothing would happen other than people knowing she supports the community.

It’s ultimately pointless when artist’s do things they’re coerced by the public to do, even in the odd chance it sounds great.

I’d rather let artists be artists.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

But it is still stable after 6 months, it hasn’t left the top 40. With no single since February, Good News is doing very well and actually increased 2 spots on this week’s Billboard 200. I would rule it out.

I just don’t think she’s gonna win Best Rap Album, that’s it.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.