Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 1,794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

For me personally, regarding Olivia. I do think that there is some sort of Disney bias that would go against her and I would not compare her to Billie nor Lorde because trust me ya’ll the further she goes, the more “pop” her music would get. I think she’s smart enough to know how to keep the hits going… And I also can see her working with the biggest Pop producers akin to Max Martin, etc. Very mainstream.

The Disney bias in a sense wouldn’t affect her however because I don’t think it makes a difference with the results. Like I’ve mentioned before, in my humble opinion, the best chance she has is BNA, BPVA, BPSP and maybe (small chance) SOTY. Other than that nothing more.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I would not compare her to Billie nor Lorde because trust me ya’ll the further she goes, the more “pop” her music would get.

Okay so to clarify people can’t compare Olivia to Lorde and Billie because you have a theory about what her music will sound like in the future? That’s certainly an argument.

Like at some stage you guys will have to accept that Lorde Billie and Olivia are all acclaimed teenage singer-songwriters who had huge debut albums. Comparing them is completely fair, especially if the argument against it is ‘I think, with zero proof, that Olivia will work with Max Martin one day!!!!’

Also you realize Lordes second album was infinitely more poppy than her debut right?

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Did anyone see that article from E! about Adele dropping soon?

I doubt it but but if she really shakes up the summer I’ll LIVE!

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Did anyone see that article from E! about Adele dropping soon? I doubt it but but if she really shakes up the summer I’ll LIVE!

Yes she is said to be! Possibly for her Emmy campaign (?)
    But yeah, Adele is too smart not to seize this. After all is/was the first one to score an Oscar among her peers.. Smart

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Did anyone see that article from E! about Adele dropping soon?

I doubt it but but if she really shakes up the summer I’ll LIVE!

R.I.P. to the other contenders

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

There is something about Olivia Rodrigo that can totally backfire on her this year, I will wait till September, I will predict her to get nominated, but there is something that seems like she is not winning, i don’t know how to formulate it, Billie Eilish is unique due to the productions of her Brother, Olivia is not like her, some compare her to Taylor Swift from Fearless era Grammy wise, but I have a feeling she won’t be that likeable to Grammy voters.

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Okay so to clarify people can’t compare Olivia to Lorde and Billie because you have a theory about what her music will sound like in the future? That’s certainly an argument.

Like at some stage you guys will have to accept that Lorde Billie and Olivia are all acclaimed teenage singer-songwriters who had huge debut albums. Comparing them is completely fair, especially if the argument against it is ‘I think, with zero proof, that Olivia will work with Max Martin one day!!!!’

Also you realize Lordes second album was infinitely more poppy than her debut right?

Yes but the “pop”suggests more mainstream. Again mainstream is the key word.

(Olivia is going to manage to keep it mainstream in comparison yes)

I never said she’s going to work specifically with Max Martin but maybe, possibly, producers akin to him and his caliber yes.

[edit] “pop” = “popular” not Pop

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Watch out for Olivia Rodrigo in Best Song Written For Visual Media

has she released anything eligible for that field that i am not aware of??

Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Recently, the Emmys released the submissions of each category. I was looking through the Music and Lyrics section and some of the submissions include recent Grammy winners such as Beyonce, Ledisi, H.E.R. and Sara Bareilles.

For those who follow the music side of the Emmys, of these contenders, who do you think gets nominated next month? Who can surprise? Thoughts?

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Yes but the “pop”suggests more mainstream. Again mainstream is the key word. (Olivia is going to manage to keep it mainstream in comparison yes) I never said she’s going to work specifically with Max Martin but maybe, possibly, producers akin to him and his caliber yes. [edit] “pop” = “popular” not Pop

Okay so just to clarify

You think the voters will be biased against Olivia over your BASELESS GUESS that she has a future making mainstream music?

It would be so much easier to just admit you were wrong and that Olivia is comparable to Lorde and Billie rather than just doing these really bizarre reaches.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Okay so just to clarify You think the voters will be biased against Olivia over your BASELESS GUESS that she has a future making mainstream music?

It would be so much easier to just admit you were wrong and that Olivia is comparable to Lorde and Billie rather than just doing these really bizarre reaches.

Yeah. You’re right..

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Also… hellooo Miss Olivia!

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1406019496322777094?s=20

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Okay so just to clarify You think the voters will be biased against Olivia over your BASELESS GUESS that she has a future making mainstream music?

Wow.. What a coincidence I must say

Posted just an hour ago/ later. Crazy right! Unbelievable!

[edit] (Let me quote it) 🙂

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Good move Olivia, don’t stop promoting your album. I’m expecting some deluxe version later in the year.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Also… hellooo Miss Olivia!

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1406019496322777094?s=20

Her outfit reminds me of britney’s in hit me baby one more time.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.