Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,794 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

You mean the video of 13 year old billie saying c-word? Stan world is beyond pathetic and none of this is relevant here.

Except when it comes to racism, it’s dangerous thing.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Billie being racist will unfortunately only help her career. Look at Morgan Wallen, Doja Cat, & Justin Bieber. They’re still thriving.

Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

Billie being racist will unfortunately only help her career. Look at Morgan Wallen, Doja Cat, & Justin Bieber. They’re still thriving.

Inserting Doja Cat in there. I have yet to see anything to support this claim.

Except when it comes to racism, it’s dangerous thing.

I say the Billie video is non-event because 1) her age at the time of the video. 2) she was singing alone to a song. It wasn’t like the Justin videos and it hasn’t affected his career.

We’ll see how the Morgan scandal affects his chances and his was particularly bad because he was exposed for having racist beliefs and then caught saying the n-word.

But i don’t for a second think they value the opinions of oversensitive stan people.

Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Hi! Are these submissions for this year’s Emmys? I’ve been trying to catch up (for my predictions).

(But from what I know, Sara Bareilles and H.E.R. might be the closest in vying for EGOT status)

I’m terribly sorry for my ignorance but is there any link or source we could possibly find to see the submissions? Thank you!

Hi and yes, these are the submissions for this year’s upcoming Emmys. Here is the link for music.
    https://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/ballots/music-2021-v1.pdf. The music and lyrics section is from pages 45-60. Hope this helps.

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Hi and yes, these are the submissions for this year’s upcoming Emmys. Here is the link for music. https://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/ballots/music-2021-v1.pdf. The music and lyrics section is from pages 45-60. Hope this helps.

Hey! Thank you so much! I’m gonna try and check up on these. Very much appreciated! (I’ll get back to you later)

[Edit] Also if ya’ll would like to give comments on these please feel free to share them.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

My Album of the Year predictions (UPDATED)

Chemtrails Over the Country Club — Lana Del Rey

Heaux Tales — Jazmin Sullivan

Daddy’s Home — St. Vincent

Back of My Mind — H.E.R.

Happier Than Ever — Billie Eilish

Call Me If You Get Lost — Tyler, the Creator

SOUR — Olivia Rodrigo

Starting Over — Chris Stapleton

I don’t expect both H.E.R. and Jazmine to be nominated but once Silk Sonic officially releases it will most likely replace Jazmine here. Tyler is my lead contender for a rap album, J. Cole and Megan are also in my consideration. Olivia and Billie’s album are my lead contenders for a pop album and once Lorde releases she will probably replace one of them. My current winner prediction is St. Vincent.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

My Song of the Year Predictions (UPDATED)

• “Good Days” (SZA)
    • “Heartbreak Anniversary” (Giveon)
    • “Starting Over” (Chris Stapleton)
    • “Leave the Door Open” (Silk Sonic)
    • “drivers license” (Olivia Rodrigo)
    • “Your Power” (Billie Eilish)
    • “Damage” (H.E.R.)
    • “Let Me Love You Like A Woman” (Lana Del Rey)

Not completely confident on this category because I have too much R&B & Pop but these seem to be the leading contenders as of now. Could see St. Vincent’s “Pay Your Way In Pain” get a nomination here for being the Alternative/Rock song. Still don’t see any rap song out now being nominated here but if I had to choose one it would probably be “WAP” but I see that more in Record of the Year.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real!  “Good Days,” “Heartbreak Anniversary,” “Starting Over,” “Your Power,” and “Let Me Love You Like a Woman” are NOT happening in Song of the Year.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

SOTY is weak compared to ROTY. We could see both categories mirror each other. Or some of the year’s biggest hits (which would usually go unnoticed with a panel) might pop up in the Songwriting category.

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Hi and yes, these are the submissions for this year’s upcoming Emmys. Here is the link for music. https://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/ballots/music-2021-v1.pdf. The music and lyrics section is from pages 45-60. Hope this helps.

Hi. Okay so… getting back. Here are some of the submissions and imo predictions of the possible nominees:

I literally carefully looked over and analyzed the submissions list one by one -edit
      Are these predictions possible, crazy or??

Primetime Emmys Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics

• Hold Us Together” – H.E.R. (from Safety)
    • Sara Bareilles – “Simple and True” (from Little Voice) / “I’m Afraid” (from Girls5eva)
    • “Black Parade” – Beyoncé  (from Black Is King)
    • The American Heartbreak” – Ledisi (from Between The World And Me)
    • Agatha All Along” – Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez (from WandaVision)
    • I Can’t Remember Love” – Anna Hauss, Robert Weinröder, William Horberg  (from The Queen’s Gambit)
    • Strollin” – Bryan Tucker, Chris Redd, Eli Brueggemann (from Saturday Night Live)
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

My Album of the Year predictions (UPDATED)

Chemtrails Over the Country Club — Lana Del Rey

Heaux Tales — Jazmin Sullivan

Daddy’s Home — St. Vincent

Back of My Mind — H.E.R.

Happier Than Ever — Billie Eilish

Call Me If You Get Lost — Tyler, the Creator

SOUR — Olivia Rodrigo

Starting Over — Chris Stapleton

I don’t expect both H.E.R. and Jazmine to be nominated but once Silk Sonic officially releases it will most likely replace Jazmine here. Tyler is my lead contender for a rap album, J. Cole and Megan are also in my consideration. Olivia and Billie’s album are my lead contenders for a pop album and once Lorde releases she will probably replace one of them. My current winner prediction is St. Vincent.

These predictions do not feel likely at all. In a year without committees, don’t expect this diverse of a lineup. Also believing that Lorde has a stronger chance than Billie Eilish or Olivia Rodrigo in a straight vote is crazy. Lana Del Rey, Jazmine Sullivan, Tyler The Creator, and St. Vincent all seem highly doubtful to get in without a committee as well.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Check this out. The best album of the year so far.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

I’ve listened to that Floating Points/Pharoah Sanders album and while I enjoyed the music, it probably wasn’t my favourite Ambient/Instrumental album of 2021.

That would be Her (original score), by Arcade Fire and Owen Pallett, although technically the music is from 2013, the first proper release came this year.

Her (original score)

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

Honestly, this year has been so disappointing music wise. Who the hell is gonna be nominated for AOTY? And if Olivia sweeps, it’s going to be such a bad event. At least what Billie did with WWFAWDWG was unique and creative. She actually pushed some boundries and deservedly swept. Olivia’s music is very TikTok driven, derivative and basic. It’s nothing special.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

The critically acclaimed albums this year are much lower in score on album of the year than the albums last year. We really had some critical masterpieces last year which are lacking this year, honestly.

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

Rock Song - "My Baby Wants a Baby" by St. Vincent
    Rock Performance - "Zitti e Buoni" by Måneskin
    Rock Album - Carnage by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.