Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 1,794 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Folklore was getting in with or without committee. There was no set-up, The committee favoured “friends and favoured” artists like Jacob Collier and connected acts(Coldplay and Black Pumas). If you see the AOTY line-up now, you can understand these were the committees driven choices that probably took out other strong contenders spots, but definelty not The Weeknd who didn’t get into straight vote categories.

I think Gucci meant Folklore was setup for a win, which isn’t that unlikely to think considering it didn’t even win its genre nom. I wonder, had Harry Styles been nominated for AOTY, if Dua Lipa would’ve won that.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Dua would’ve still won BPVA and lost AOTY had Harry been nominated. Let’s not be delusional.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

i couldn’t stop laughing when they announced the AOTY nominees last year. jhené aiko, black pumas, coldplay,jacob collier, haim… the list of forgotten albums just kept going

it was a two woman race as soon as they’d announced the 8 nominees and taylor was clearly ahead

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Dua would’ve still won BPVA and lost AOTY had Harry been nominated. Let’s not be delusional.

IDK, maybe. But it was weird to see PVA and AOTY not match up despite both nominees being in both cats.

I’m excited to see the winners this year. We’ve had a bit of discrepancies between the genre fields and the GF, so I wonder if that’ll change without a panel possibly setting people up.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

i couldn’t stop laughing when they announced the AOTY nominees last year

Same 😭 as soon as Harvey Mason Jr said “Chilombo” I knew we were in for a catastrophic lineup. It was obvious from the get go that Taylor was winning… she definitely could’ve been set up like Gucci suggested.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

i couldn’t stop laughing when they announced the AOTY nominees last year. jhené aiko, black pumas, coldplay,jacob collier, haim… the list of forgotten albums just kept going it was a two woman race as soon as they’d announced the 8 nominees and taylor was clearly ahead

She wasn’t clearly ahead, she literally lost 5 awards in a row on 6 nomination, she didn’t even win BPVA, her most « obvious » win by her stans and looking at it now, Future Nostalgia had more impact, sales and longevity than folklore so…

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

The way all the AOTY nominees have three wins in total for last years ceremony. You really can’t be mad at the General public when those were the nominees.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Lorde is releasing a single tomorrow and possibly her album this week. Billboard Hot 100 predictions for this week predict a top 50 debut for “Solar Power”. I personally think she will be nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance & Best Pop Vocal Album for sure.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real!  Lorde will NOT get nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album.  Pure delusion.  She will be completely forgotten in less than a month.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Critics barely touch and speak about H.E.R. new album. She’s not unknown anymore. Interesting

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

H.E.R.’s new album was a 4/10 for me. It was good R&B to me but it was definitely something we’ve heard from her before.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I don’t know, I’m not counting her out yet. She definitely has no shot at winning anything but I was surprised her last album was even noticed for AOTY.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

The way all the AOTY nominees have three wins in total for last years ceremony. You really can’t be mad at the General public when those were the nominees.

Really a sign of the BRP vs the rest of the voters and a sign that there was lower participation in the nominating process. The Grammys have always been silly and flawed, but that was the most immediately embarrassing look for Grammys. You can’t even talk about the general population never being satisfied with the nominees when the AOTY line-up can’t even win shit.

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

Not sure what to say about H.E.R. but perhaps the wider public are more excited than the critics, where she has appears to have just 3 album reviews so far:
    https://www.metacritic.com/music/back-of-my-mind/her
    https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/359763-her-back-of-my-mind.php

The Foo Fighters just had Dave Chappelle come on stage to sing Radiohead’s ‘Creep’ with them at their Madison Square Garden Concert, a concert that required proof of vaccination to enter. If the Foo Fighters are running a Grammy campaign, I think it just started.
    https://www.avclub.com/watch-dave-chappelle-and-foo-fighters-cover-radioheads-1847139007

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

I think we’ve hit the period most people thought of right at the start of the pandemic, that a drought of releases would come due to the circumstances. We’re in a weird limbo where most of the quarantine-style projects were released last year and most of the big projects that were pushed back are now potentially waiting until the next Grammy cycle to compete. There are no clear front runners for AOTY yet since Bruno and Anderson’s album is nowhere to be seen yet. I’m not convinced Olivia will win in the GF outside BNA.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.