Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,794 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, there was no “could’ve been.”  Even Stevie Wonder can see that Folklore was setup to win Album of the Year (BARF!).  The blue-ribbon committee intentionally blocked all of Taylor Swift’s competition (Fiona Apple, Brittany Howard, and The Weeknd).  To add insult to injury, they nominated a bunch of nobodies that were NOT even worthy nor had a chance in hell of winning.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Wonder if Evermore getting into AOTY will hurt Sour in the voting. I feel voters still like Taylor, but I doubt they will support a follow-up win.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

H.E.R. + new album =

Profile picture
    heygetlost__
    Topics:

Wonder if Evermore getting into AOTY will hurt Sour in the voting. I feel voters still like Taylor, but I doubt they will support a follow-up win.

How is it evermore getting in related to sour’s chances lol?

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

How is it evermore getting in related to sour’s chances lol?

I think they’re implying that the same people who’d vote for Olivia would vote for Taylor. So Taylor would snatch up some of her votes!

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

Folklore winning AOTY was atrocious but i think Everything I Wanted winning ROTY was a really bad choice too.

Also Phoebe Bridgers or Doja Cat should’ve won BNA. They are much better artists than Megan.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, Folklore winning AOTY and “Everything I Wanted” winning ROTY were both equally atrocious.  BARF!

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

folklore was an amazing AOTY winner. Would’ve been super happy if Dua had won too but she got her due in BPVA.

I personally loved the BPVA/AOTY split this year. I thought it was very fitting. Wish this continues and we see more genre/general field splits.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I see in the Prediction center, people have no.1 the Silk Sonic Album that is not even yet confirmed with release date. ☠️

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real! Phoebe Bridgers (BARF!) and Doja Cat (BARF!) are NOT much better artists than Megan Thee Stallion.

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

Unless Adele releases, there is a strong chance of Silk Sonic releasing, because if Adele doesn’t release in this eligibility period, then she is going to release in the next one.

The last time Bruno lost a Grammy for an album where he was nominated, was in 2012 and the winner was Adele with 21, so I’m sure he’d prefer to take his chances against Olivia and Billie, than Adele and perhaps Kendrick too.

It’s reasonable to think we get either Silk Sonic or Adele this eligibility period.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Adele rumours are stirring up again, imagine if Adele drops her lead single in August and her album in September.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Folklore winning AOTY was atrocious but i think Everything I Wanted winning ROTY was a really bad choice too. Also Phoebe Bridgers or Doja Cat should’ve won BNA. They are much better artists than Megan.

Megan had three years worth of hype, hits and semi hits to aid her. But she is a fairly meh winner.

Folklore’s AOTY win isn’t atrocious. It’s just a bit eye rolling for Taylor to have three AOTY victories. And there was very little competition in AOTY.

Completely agree as far as “Everything I Wanted”. It’s not good. It’s not even catchy or memorable. It didn’t reflect the past year of music. And it wasn’t even that huge of a hit.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Folklore winning AOTY was atrocious but i think Everything I Wanted winning ROTY was a really bad choice too.

Also Phoebe Bridgers or Doja Cat should’ve won BNA. They are much better artists than Megan.

Couple of thoughts. 1. Isn’t June a little late to complain about the past Grammys?, 2. Although it is definitely arguable that Phoebe or Doja are better artists BNA has essentially become biggest breakthrough and that is undeniably Megan.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Unless Adele releases, there is a strong chance of Silk Sonic releasing, because if Adele doesn’t release in this eligibility period, then she is going to release in the next one. The last time Bruno lost a Grammy for an album where he was nominated, was in 2012 and the winner was Adele with 21, so I’m sure he’d prefer to take his chances against Olivia and Billie, than Adele and perhaps Kendrick too. It’s reasonable to think we get either Silk Sonic or Adele this eligibility period.

reminder that artists don’t plan their album campaigns solely around the grammys

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.