Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,794 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Music Forever
TheFunkyDeltron
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

IDK what to do with that Stevie Wonder song. It is indeed very baity, and it has four Grammy nominees attached, but they’ve been kinda snubbing veterans recently unless they’re underrewarded like Tanya Tucker.

Correction: The BRP snubbed veterans. Without a committee, favorites like Stevie Wonder could easily get in again. Just a FYI.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

The Eligibility period ends Sept.30th, some important releases coming up:

June 25th, Doja Cat, Planet HER

(July 4th, Lana Del Rey, Blue Banisters )

July 30th, Billie Eilish, Happier Than Ever

August 20th, Lorde, Solar Power

TBA: Ed Sheeran

Rumoured: Adele, Rihanna.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Correction: The BRP snubbed veterans. Without a committee, favorites like Stevie Wonder could easily get in again. Just a FYI.

I’m aware of the BRP, but that’s the problem though, we don’t know how much voters care about veterans since the main fields (Rock, R&B, Hip Hop) and the GF were all committees.

I think 2022 is gonna be an important year for predictions. We virtually have nothing to work with for noms right now since most trends could’ve been panel-based. But hopefully Wonder can get the nom, that song is pretty good and it’d be sick to see Chika and YBN get GF noms lol.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I don’t think that Silk Sonic album is coming.

Watch out LTDO is just a droplet

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

I think 2022 is gonna be an important year for predictions. We virtually have nothing to work with for noms right now since most trends could’ve been panel-based.

It’s funny you say this yet you criticized my 8th place prediction of “ROCKSTAR” in SOTY. As the only #1 Hip-Hop song of the year (so far) also with critical praise & chart success, we virtually don’t know how things will work for popular genre specific songs either. Especially when Rap has become less taboo in the GF.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I’m aware of the BRP, but that’s the problem though, we don’t know how much voters care about veterans since the main fields (Rock, R&B, Hip Hop) and the GF were all committees.

I think 2022 is gonna be an important year for predictions. We virtually have nothing to work with for noms right now since most trends could’ve been panel-based. But hopefully Wonder can get the nom, that song is pretty good and it’d be sick to see Chika and YBN get GF noms lol.

Stevie’s the only writer so it would need to get into ROTY for the rest to be credited but otherwise I agree

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

It’s funny you say this yet you criticized my 8th place prediction of “ROCKSTAR” in SOTY. As the only #1 Hip-Hop song of the year (so far) also with critical praise & chart success, we virtually don’t know how things will work for popular genre specific songs either. Especially when Rap has become less taboo in the GF.

The fact that you can’t even remember what RAPSTAR’s called shows exactly why it’s not happening.

But anyways, if you’re going to predict a #1 acclaimed Hip-Hop song then you should obviously go for WAP. Polo G has 0 nominations. Megan and Cardi are both previous winners and Megan specifically was one of the biggest winners last year.

FYC

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Stevie’s the only writer so it would need to get into ROTY for the rest to be credited but otherwise I agree

Well… then I take it back lol.

I wonder where that song will even be submitted.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

The fact that you can’t even remember what RAPSTAR’s called shows exactly why it’s not happening.

But anyways, if you’re going to predict a #1 acclaimed Hip-Hop song then you should obviously go for WAP. Polo G has 0 nominations. Megan and Cardi are both previous winners and Megan specifically was one of the biggest winners last year.

That’s if Cardi & Megan even submit “WAP”. Olivia has 0 nominations but you’re predicting her across the board even in Rock. You make no sense dude.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

That’s if Cardi & Megan even submit “WAP”. Olivia has 0 nominations but you’re predicting her across the board even in Rock. You make no sense dude.

I don’t know if you’re serious but the key difference between Olivia having 0 nominations is that she released her first album this year whereas Polo G has released two previous albums and has a 6x platinum single.

But yes, I think Good 4 U will very easily into rock perf and song if accepted. Just like how I think Rapstar is easily getting into melodic rap perf.

FYC

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Talking about SOTY, one of my biggest questions this year is how different ROTY and SOTY will be. Before panels (pre 1995), they rarely completely matched, mostly only 2-3 songs were in both. So I wonder if we might be underestimating voters in that regard.

FYC - Lil Nas X

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

I don’t know if you’re serious but the key difference between Olivia having 0 nominations is that she released her first album this year whereas Polo G has released two previous albums and has a 6x platinum single.

But yes, I think Good 4 U will very easily into rock perf and song if accepted. Just like how I think Rapstar is easily getting into melodic rap perf.

By your logic, any artist who has received 0 nominations is a non-factor. Yet you’re hyping up Olivia (a new act) to basically receive 8-9 nods (GF, Pop, MV, & Rock). Huh? You literally make no sense.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

By your logic, any artist who has received 0 nominations is a non-factor. Yet you’re hyping up Olivia (a new act) to basically receive 8-9 nods (GF, Pop, MV, & Rock). Huh? You literally make no sense.

If you want the actual logic it’s that no one’s going to remember RAPSTAR by voting. Even with the album boost, it couldn’t re-enter the top 10. It’s low on the ballot so people will need to deliberately search for it, which I don’t buy people will. And there absolutely is a bias against hiphop artists in the gf, one that I don’t think Polo G of all people will overcome. Meanwhile, in rock they’ve previously picked a smash hit by Imagine Dragons over Led Zeppelin, Jack White, David Bowie and Alabama Shakes. They’ve also picked Paramore’s biggest song over Jack White and Beck, a year after he won AOTY. So yeah, I think the biggest artist of the year is easily getting into rock if she submits there with her smash hit.

I never once said she was getting into BMV so let’s stop that right now. I said she, like basically every single artist, will be submitting there. And I never once said Polo G would be a non-factor, seeing as I’m predicting him to get an easy melodic rap perf.

FYC

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

And there absolutely is a bias against hiphop artists in the gf,

“The Box” was literally nominated in SOTY. “Savage” & “Rockstar” were both in ROTY too. What are you talking about?

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

“The Box” was literally nominated in SOTY. As was “The Bigger Picture”. “Savage” & “Rockstar” were both in ROTY too. What are you talking about?

TBP was not nominated in SOTY. I am once again begging you to factcheck before authoritatively declaring things.

I am talking about how across 63 years of grammys there has been ONE hip song to win in ROTY/SOTY. Savage, which swept rap and then couldn’t beat the pop solo loser in ROTY, would be an example of the clear bias against rap songs.

And beyond that, The Box and Rockstar made top 5 on YE which Rapstar won’t. Savage had the biggest  breakthrough artist of the year, (gee I wonder who that is this year) and quite literally the artist with the most grammys ever on it. Rapstar is a frontloaded #1 by someone with zero history. Predicting it in SOTY makes zero sense.

FYC

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.