Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, Olivia Rodrigo is totally winning Best New Artist.  No other new artist this year has come close to doing what Olivia did.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Olivia Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Is Evermore getting an AOTY nom, what do you think ? The album was acclaimed and did well actually commercially this eligibility period. The only problem it had one single.

Profile picture
    Monsterdog
    Topics:

Best New Artist – Olivia Rodrigo

ROTY – Leave the Door Open

SOTY – Drivers License

BPVA – SOUR

BPSP – Drivers License

AOTY – An Evening with Silk Sonic

A lot could still happen with the upcoming releases but these are my bold predictions.

Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

I think that SOUR is a lock for BPVAbut she’s not a lock in AOTY. Similarly, Billie regardless of her previous sweep may not get nominated with her sophomore album because the singles so far do not look promising. She has a good voice. She should explore more producers to expand her musical horizon.

Lorde, Lana Del Rey have a high chance of missing BPVA and competing in AOTY.

Taylor on the other hand has never missed BPVA. It’s hard to think that she’ll miss that with evermore. And to those who think that evermore cannot be nominated because folklore won have to seriously adjust their sounds. Both folklore and evermore are very different while being similar and you can say that she’ll not win and she may not win but evermore is a tough competition in AOTY.

According to me Solar Power, Chemtrails Over The Country Club/Blue Bannisters, evermore will give a tough competition to the other projects for AOTY nom.

Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

Lorde is powerful. With just one track “Solar Power“, she’s already a tough competition in SOTY and BPSP

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Best New Artist – Olivia Rodrigo

ROTY – Leave the Door Open

SOTY – Drivers License

BPVA – SOUR

BPSP – Drivers License

AOTY – An Evening with Silk Sonic

A lot could still happen with the upcoming releases but these are my bold predictions.

These are the most basic predictions and mark my words, only two of these are happening.

You gworls are just not getting the grammys!

Profile picture
    heygetlost__
    Topics:

According to me Solar Power, Chemtrails Over The Country Club/Blue Bannisters, evermore will give a tough competition to the other projects for AOTY nom.

None of those have any chance at winning. I don’t think they’re getting nominated either.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

As expected this forum is taking The Weeknd’s scenario and applying it to literally every artist.

The Weeknd’s snub is truly not hard to understand. He isn’t someone Pop voters care for (given by his multiple pop snubs prior to BL) and he’s at the bottom of the list, which we now know is a disadvantage in the past couple years. He also got completely ditched by the R&B block since he abandoned that whole format, so they probably went with actual R&B artists; Khalid also got dropped by the R&B panel for being too pop. The Weekn’s Soul Train underperformance confirms that.

Olivia Rodrigo and Silk Sonic don’t have any of those disadvantages, especially not the group with a combined 10+ Grammys in the past 5 years.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

“Solar Power” by @Lorde debuts at #8 on global Spotify with 4.25 MILLION streams.

It also jumps to #2 on the US chart with 1.643 MILLION plays.

Source 

Wow! I was actually surprised by those numbers. Good for her!

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real!  “Solar Power“ is NOT tough competition in Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance.  That garbage will be completely forgotten by July 1st.  BARF!

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Is Olivia gonna win BNA ? Last time someone from Disney channel won was in 2000 and Christina Aguilera was kinda better package. Olivia has no existent competition, but maybe there is someone we haven’t yet noticed.

BNA has been rather predictable lately. The most successful artist wins. Olivia’s got it in the bag.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Billie has been eligible for 6 gf grammys in the past 2 years.

She has gotten nominated all 6 times.

5 of those 6 times, she won.

It does not matter how bad the singles are. Therefore I Am is big enough and she is a darling so she will easily be getting across the board nominations.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

“Solar Power” by @Lorde debuts at #8 on global Spotify with 4.25 MILLION streams. It also jumps to #2 on the US chart with 1.643 MILLION plays. Source

</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>As it should… It’s going to be the new summer vibe everywhere.</p>

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Honey, Olivia Rodrigo is totally winning Best New Artist. No other new artist this year has come close to doing what Olivia did.

even Miss Goochie knows! I am shocked! And gagged!

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.