Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,794 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Hey everyone, just looked at the sales of H.E.R.’s official debut album and she is only selling about 34K for the first week. What do you guys think?

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

R&B voters are fucked up in recent years. Favoring Beyonce and Bruno over everybody, disregarding Janelle, SZA, Jorja, Kelela, Kali Uchis etc. Awarding Weeknd over AOTY nominee Awaken, My Love and CTRL. Also Jhene and Chloe & Halle both go emptyhanded despite having good sales, critical acclaim and Jhene being the fucking host. Weird and fucked up people.

You REAAALLLLYYYY can’t stand Bruno, can you? Dude has only won 3 in r&b so far, and only in 2018. Beyonce has won 16 out of 18 noms, now that’s the deal.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

You REAAALLLLYYYY can’t stand Bruno, can you? Dude has only won 3 in r&b so far, and only in 2018.

Are you only focused on Bruno from what i said? I bitched about Beyonce and Weeknd too, you know.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Are you only focused on Bruno from what i said? I bitched about Beyonce and Weeknd too, you know.

Beyonce has won 16 out of 18 noms in r&b, so yes. I also don’t mind your preference for Awaken over Starboy. But there is absolutely no justification for comparing Bruno’s to Beyonce’s performance in this genre.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Hey everyone, just looked at the sales of H.E.R.’s official debut album and she is only selling about 34K for the first week. What do you guys think?

She’s still one of the strongest contenders regardless the sales

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, Lizzo should release before September 30th.  She can easily win Best Progressive R&B Album.  That category is weak as fuck.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Beyonce has won 16 out of 18 noms in r&b, so yes. I also don’t mind your preference for Awaken over Starboy. But there is absolutely no justification for comparing Bruno’s to Beyonce’s performance in this genre.

I added Bruno there because of SZA. She did go emptyhanded because of Bruno and Weeknd. Next year, she might go emptyhanded because of competition too. No offense.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

R&B voters are fucked up in recent years. Favoring Beyonce and Bruno over everybody, disregarding Janelle, SZA, Jorja, Kelela, Kali Uchis etc. Awarding Weeknd over AOTY nominee Awaken, My Love and CTRL. Also Jhene and Chloe & Halle both go emptyhanded despite having good sales, critical acclaim and Jhene being the fucking host. Weird and fucked up people.

Spill. Kelela should’ve received a nomination at least for “Hallucinogen”, and Chloe X Halle should’ve won hands down. I also agree it was gross to have Jhené Aiko host and give out awards and not give her anything, but tbh her album was kind of forgotten.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I added Bruno there because of SZA. She did go emptyhanded because of Bruno and Weeknd. Next year, she might go emptyhanded because of competition too. No offense.

I was not offended 🥺. Was actually laughing playfully while typing the first reply. I guess the heated arguments can make replies generally feel bitter. I infact only counter reply when I think the post is making some sense but not considering something.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, just because someone hosts the Grammys does NOT mean they should automatically win.  Jhené Aiko was NOT deserving.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

I was not offended 🥺. Was actually laughing playfully while typing the first reply. I guess the heated arguments can make replies generally feel bitter. I infact only counter reply when I think the post is making some sense but not considering something.

Yeah, heated arguments and hurtful language often happen in this forum these days. You may be right about Bruno not being an R&B juggernaut. Silk Sonic is the frontrunner in R&B categories next year.

Honey, just because someone hosts the Grammys does NOT mean they should automatically win. Jhené Aiko was NOT deserving.

Come on, i fuck with Jhene’s music. I would be happy to see her winning a trophy.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

I think Lizzo may release something for the summer

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Watch billie win aoty

No chance of this happening. Bad Guy was like #3 Y.E.C and Everything I Wanted was #18 despite being a standalone single.

I can’t see any of the Billie new song even making the top 50.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

She wasn’t a songwriter so unfortunately that didn’t count as her winning. That’s bullshit though.

Girl this whole time she’s featured on the song and no Grammy? This reminds me of Norah Jones. Why are women musicians getting the short-end of the stick with no lyrical content. You really can’t defend the Grammys when black musicians have gotten the butt of the stick. And that’s shitty.

Janelle Monae is certainly overdue for a Grammy, however it isn’t shitty to not award someone who didn’t write the song that won the songwriting award. If We Are Young had won ROTY and they didn’t reward her that would’ve been extremely shitty, but her not getting credited for the SOTY win made sense.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Janelle Monae is certainly overdue for a Grammy, however it isn’t shitty to not award someone who didn’t write the song that won the songwriting award. If We Are Young had won ROTY and they didn’t reward her that would’ve been extremely shitty, but her not getting credited for the SOTY win made sense.

Okay, we’re blaming fun. then.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.