Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

(only including projects that have confirmed release date so that’s why there’s no SS in AOTY)
    Album Of The Year:

Record Of The Year:

Song Of The Year:

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Pop Smoke’s new album next month

Profile picture
    ChrisG
    Topics:

And I LOVE my girl Rihanna down but Love & War should of won best Urban Contemporary Album over Unapologetic.. still not understanding how Diamonds got no nominations.

They definitely played in SZA face during CTRL.

This. Tamar also got robbed in Best R&B Performance that year by an unknown Justin Timberlake album track too. Love And War and its title track easily deserved a Grammy each that year.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

I’m not sure about Cardi will drop an album.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Honestly, brutal should go to rock performance.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

(only including projects that have confirmed release date so that’s why there’s no SS in AOTY)

That Ben Shapiro gif made me barf a little in my mouth ngl, but agree with most. Unsure about AOTY

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, I agree that Tamar Braxton and Love and War should’ve won Best R&B Performance, Best R&B Song, and Best Urban Contemporary Album. 

However, Snarky Puppy featuring Lalah Hathaway won Best R&B Performance that year, NOT Justin Timberlake.  JT won Best R&B Song (BARF!).

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Tamar Braxton should’ve competed in Best R&B Album. NOT Urban Contemporary.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I believe Normani’s single is coming July 2 from what I’ve seen from “insiders”. Who knows if they can be trusted or not but I think she’ll release in time for the VMA’s. Hoping for a Best New Artist or R&B nomination for her. I’ve been a huge fan of hers since 2014 and am still surprised “Dancing With A Stranger” with Sam Smith didn’t get a nomination in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Normani would need a smash to get people interested again. Her time has passed.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

a few of you know i’m a normani fan so i’ll speak about her now:

she’s not eligible for BNA, she missed pop duo because they’re over sam smith.

take this with a grain of salt but i do have info about her which no ‘insiders’ have reported. wild side is the lead single, it is due in july (but has been pushed back many times, so who knows). it may have a big feature, but this particular artist is one of those huge artists that the grammys aren’t keen on. can’t say the name as it’s very secret & i don’t even know if it’s true yet so don’t wanna get everybody talking then look dumb. i’ll know after the announcement if my source is legit

i think if she does well she can get in r&b categories especially now there’s no committee

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, Love and War straddles the line between contemporary and traditional R&B. Tamar Braxton would’ve lost to Alicia Keys in Best R&B Album.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Sour was just certified Platinum in USA, Interscope is aiming for Grammys 2022 campaign with Olivia I think.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

If there were still committees I would say Olivia would struggle getting into the General field, but without it I think she’s unstoppable. She’s had a huge year and will likely have the #1 song of 2021. To the person that wants to pull the The Weeknd argument, he had really only the one hit off the album at the time of nominations and he’s never really been a Grammys darling. Olivia is an unknown entity and I think that makes her a safer bet

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

a few of you know i’m a normani fan so i’ll speak about her now:

she’s not eligible for BNA, she missed pop duo because they’re over sam smith.

take this with a grain of salt but i do have info about her which no ‘insiders’ have reported. wild side is the lead single, it is due in july (but has been pushed back many times, so who knows). it may have a big feature, but this particular artist is one of those huge artists that the grammys aren’t keen on. can’t say the name as it’s very secret & i don’t even know if it’s true yet so don’t wanna get everybody talking then look dumb. i’ll know after the announcement if my source is legit

i think if she does well she can get in r&b categories especially now there’s no committee

Let me guess.. It features Chris Brown. Committee or no committee Normani is just not one of those artists that people are passionate about. She missed R&B with Love Lies and Song for Visual Media as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.