Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,744 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
almanzarlamar..

• Munchi
    Topics:

Kendrick’s timing scares me. Releasing before the deadline means going against Bruno again, who joined forces with a loved black artist this time. Voters won’t hesitate to choose the latino/asian + black pair that reeks of grammyness (Talent, success, live instrumentation, non-thirsty, nostalgic, grammy history, respect etc.)

Also, releasing after the deadline means possibly encroaching into the danger zone (Adele). Should Silk Sonic win much this cycle and given Swift’s 3rd AOTY, voters won’t be bothered about giving Adele her 3rd. Especially if she sells like Adele.

almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Thinking of taking Justin and Chris out for Paul McCartney and the Foo Fighters.

Ughhhh, I have no idea what to do with the veterans this year. Need grammys to go release their annual new voters demographics so I can have some idea of the number of boomers voting!

EEAAO Sweep

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, at least 6 of the Album of the Year nominees will be white.  BARF!

lily98
    Topics:

Kendrick’s timing scares me. Releasing before the deadline means going against Bruno again, who joined forces with a loved black artist this time. Voters won’t hesitate to choose the latino/asian + black pair that reeks of grammyness (Talent, success, live instrumentation, non-thirsty, nostalgic, grammy history, respect etc.)

Also, releasing after the deadline means possibly encroaching into the danger zone (Adele). Should Silk Sonic win much this cycle and given Swift’s 3rd AOTY, voters won’t be bothered about giving Adele her 3rd. Especially if she sells like Adele.

As sad as this may sound, I don’t think Kendrick is winning AOTY anytime soon, if ever. When was the last time a rap album won that category? 2004? Voters seem to be biased against rap for some reason, which is a shame.

Berni
    Topics:

I’m so happy! Maroon 5’s new album completely tanked and was panned.Hopefully he (and Shawn, and possibly Ed) receive 0 nominations

Gucci
    Topics:

11 Grammys for Taylor doesn’t sit right with me. She should have 13! The academy owes her Pop Vocal album and SOTY from this year.

Honey, stop being delusional!  The academy does NOT owe Taylor Swift Song of the Year (the right song won) and Best Pop Vocal Album (the right album won) from this year.  BARF!

Monsterdog
    Topics:

These are the most basic predictions and mark my words, only two of these are happening. You gworls are just not getting the grammys!

We’ll see.  I predicted a sweep for Bruno back in 2018 when there was stiffer competition. With a lackluster year thus far, and no major releases from bonafide artists, it’s not hard to make a prediction.

Monsterdog
    Topics:

underestimate H.E.R. at your own risk

Not underestimating H.E.R. She could be getting across the board nominations for GF but that’s about it. She has more chances in R&B categories.

Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

We’ll see. I predicted a sweep for Bruno back in 2018 when there was stiffer competition. With a lackluster year thus far, and no major releases from bonafide artists, it’s not hard to make a prediction.

Lacklustre year as in big moments? Maybe. But for the grammys? I don’t think so. I think releases from Billie/H.E.R/Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak/Taylor are very significant in the general field. This already makes it a pretty stiff competition.

H.E.R being slightly underestimated for AOTY.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, a delusional Swiftie asked about Evermore getting an Album of the Year nomination.  The answer is: fuck NO!

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Ariana Grande is NOT well-liked (pure delusion).  Just popular.  Grande is filler.  Once the hits stop, so will the nominations. 

Katy Perry also has 13 nominations (including ROTY, AOTY, SOTY).  Unlike Ari, the competition was never weak for Perry to win (thank goodness).  Once Katy stopped producing hits, no more nominations.

epiphany
    Topics:

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

• Kiss Me More (Doja Cat feat. SZA)
    • Levitating (Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby)
    • Beautiful Mistakes (Maroon 5 feat. Megan Thee Stallion)
    • Peaches (Justin Bieber feat. Daniel Caesar & Giveon)
    • Butter (BTS)

I don’t see Maroon 5 and BTS make it into the final noms. I will replace them with Coldplay and Taylor. Not sure about 34+39 Remix since Doja has Kiss Me More.

epiphany
    Topics:

Upcoming albums:

• Frank Ocean – Rumored to release this summer. If it is strong and popular, he has strong chances of noms in GF

I think he made it clear before that he won’t submit his music

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,744 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.