Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Best New Artist – Olivia Rodrigo

ROTY – Leave the Door Open

SOTY – Drivers License

BPVA – SOUR

BPSP – Drivers License

AOTY – An Evening with Silk Sonic

A lot could still happen with the upcoming releases but these are my bold predictions.

underestimate H.E.R. at your own risk

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Exactly. (Even Ariana isn’t that well liked either)

You can’t have 13 noms and 2 wins and be “not well liked”.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

11 Grammys for Taylor doesn’t sit right with me. She should have 13! The academy owes her Pop Vocal album and SOTY from this year.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Ariana is well liked but usually filler. She always loses to stronger competition. Until she reinvents herself as a singer/songwriter voters won’t take her as seriously as others.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

The academy owes her Pop Vocal album and SOTY from this year.

No.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

No.

yes

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

Best New Artist – Olivia Rodrigo

ROTY – Leave the Door Open

SOTY – Drivers License

AOTY – H.E.R

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:
    • Olivia Rodrigez: Sour – lock for BPVA,  BPVP, ROTY, SOTY, possible for BA. Lock for BNA nom. She won’t be snubbed. The Weeknd was facing the bias that he has a reputation for singing some disgusting lyrics which the Grammys hate. Olivia is singing innocent emotional ballads which the Grammys love.
    • Doja Cat: Planet Her – Very likely to spawn lots of hits and get good reviews, likely in BPVA and BA, ROTY and SOTY. Possibly the frontrunner to win BA.
    • Lana Del Rey: Blue Bannisters/Chemtails. If BB is better than Chemtrails, it should get a spot in BA. If she submits Chemtrails, she has some chance in BA. I could see her nabbing a spot in SOTY again also.
    • Billie Eillish: Happier Than Ever – After being over awarded two years in a row, I feel like she is vulnerable to the sophomore slump. Society is moving on from her, and the music she has been releasing hasn’t been taking off. Without a hit song or rave albums reviews, she vulnerable to snubs.
    • Lorde: TBA – I like Solar Power but I don’t really see it becoming a huge hit. If she can secure great album reviews and at least one medium hit she could have a slot in BA. If Solar Power is the best song on the album, I expect a snub.
    • Silk City: If they have one more smash hit, nominations will surely come. I think it’s pretty likely they will have one more smash hit. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Leave The Door Open in Pop Vocal, and in ROTY, album in AOTY.
    • Ed Sheeran: Again, if he has a smash hit, the noms will follow. I think Ed is at righer risk of releasing a flop and getting snubbed compared to Silk City.
    • Taylor Swift: Evermore. Full snubs. She’s already over awarded, and Evermore is basically just part 2 of Folklore
    • Justin Bieber: Pop Vocal Performance for Peaches. Likely Pop Vocal nom, Possible ROTY nom.
    • Migos: Culture III – Best Rap Album. Maybe they will be snubbed since the Grammy’s don’t nominate trap music.
    • Bicep: Isles – Lock for Electronic album

Upcoming albums:

• Rihanna: Likely to release this summer, near lock for GF noms.
    • Kendrick Lamar: Semi-confirmed that the album is coming soon. He may be frontrunner to win AOTY.
    • Drake: Very likely to drop Loverboy. Medium risk in the GF if the album is stronger than his recent albums
    • Adele: May or may not be released
    • Cardi B: Strong chances in the rap field, possible break into to the GF
    • Travis Scott – Utopia: May not release in time. If he drops and it is as big as Astroworld, medium strength contender GF
    • Frank Ocean – Rumored to release this summer. If it is strong and popular, he has strong chances of noms in GF
    Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:
    • Olivia Rodrigez: Sour – lock for BPVA, BPVP, ROTY, SOTY, possible for BA. Lock for BNA nom. She won’t be snubbed. The Weeknd was facing the bias that he has a reputation for singing some disgusting lyrics which the Grammys hate. Olivia is singing innocent emotional ballads which the Grammys love.
    • Doja Cat: Planet Her – Very likely to spawn lots of hits and get good reviews, likely in BPVA and BA, ROTY and SOTY. Possibly the frontrunner to win BA.
    • Lana Del Rey: Blue Bannisters/Chemtails. If BB is better than Chemtrails, it should get a spot in BA. If she submits Chemtrails, she has some chance in BA. I could see her nabbing a spot in SOTY again also.
    • Billie Eillish: Happier Than Ever – After being over awarded two years in a row, I feel like she is vulnerable to the sophomore slump. Society is moving on from her, and the music she has been releasing hasn’t been taking off. Without a hit song or rave albums reviews, she vulnerable to snubs.
    • Lorde: TBA – I like Solar Power but I don’t really see it becoming a huge hit. If she can secure great album reviews and at least one medium hit she could have a slot in BA. If Solar Power is the best song on the album, I expect a snub.
    • Silk City: If they have one more smash hit, nominations will surely come. I think it’s pretty likely they will have one more smash hit. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Leave The Door Open in Pop Vocal, and in ROTY, album in AOTY.
    • Ed Sheeran: Again, if he has a smash hit, the noms will follow. I think Ed is at righer risk of releasing a flop and getting snubbed compared to Silk City.
    • Taylor Swift: Evermore. Full snubs. She’s already over awarded, and Evermore is basically just part 2 of Folklore
    • Justin Bieber: Pop Vocal Performance for Peaches. Likely Pop Vocal nom, Possible ROTY nom.
    • Migos: Culture III – Best Rap Album. Maybe they will be snubbed since the Grammy’s don’t nominate trap music.
    • Bicep: Isles – Lock for Electronic album

Upcoming albums:

• Rihanna: Likely to release this summer, near lock for GF noms.
    • Kendrick Lamar: Semi-confirmed that the album is coming soon. He may be frontrunner to win AOTY.
    • Drake: Very likely to drop Loverboy. Medium risk in the GF if the album is stronger than his recent albums
    • Adele: May or may not be released
    • Cardi B: Strong chances in the rap field, possible break into to the GF
    • Travis Scott – Utopia: May not release in time. If he drops and it is as big as Astroworld, medium strength contender GF
    • Frank Ocean – Rumored to release this summer. If it is strong and popular, he has strong chances of noms in GF

1- It’s Silk Sonic, not Silk City.

2 – It’s Olivia Rodrigo, not Olivia Rodriguez.

3 – LTDO is a straight up R&B song, no Pop Duo/Group chance.

4 – They don’t see Lana Del Rey as an alternative artist, they see her as a pop artist.

5 – Do you really believe they snubbed Weeknd because of his lyrical content? They didn’t accept him as a popstar, they wanted to see him as an R&B star. Simple as that.

6 – They snubbed Melodrama, only the committee put her in AOTY. Poor Lorde, they don’t like her anymore.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Kendrick’s timing scares me. Releasing before the deadline means going against Bruno again, who joined forces with a loved black artist this time. Voters won’t hesitate to choose the latino/asian + black pair that reeks of grammyness (Talent, success, live instrumentation, non-thirsty, nostalgic, grammy history, respect etc.)

Also, releasing after the deadline means possibly encroaching into the danger zone (Adele). Should Silk Sonic win much this cycle and given Swift’s 3rd AOTY, voters won’t be bothered about giving Adele her 3rd. Especially if she sells like Adele.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Thinking of taking Justin and Chris out for Paul McCartney and the Foo Fighters.

Ughhhh, I have no idea what to do with the veterans this year. Need grammys to go release their annual new voters demographics so I can have some idea of the number of boomers voting!

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, at least 6 of the Album of the Year nominees will be white.  BARF!

Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

Kendrick’s timing scares me. Releasing before the deadline means going against Bruno again, who joined forces with a loved black artist this time. Voters won’t hesitate to choose the latino/asian + black pair that reeks of grammyness (Talent, success, live instrumentation, non-thirsty, nostalgic, grammy history, respect etc.)

Also, releasing after the deadline means possibly encroaching into the danger zone (Adele). Should Silk Sonic win much this cycle and given Swift’s 3rd AOTY, voters won’t be bothered about giving Adele her 3rd. Especially if she sells like Adele.

As sad as this may sound, I don’t think Kendrick is winning AOTY anytime soon, if ever. When was the last time a rap album won that category? 2004? Voters seem to be biased against rap for some reason, which is a shame.

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

I’m so happy! Maroon 5’s new album completely tanked and was panned.Hopefully he (and Shawn, and possibly Ed) receive 0 nominations

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

11 Grammys for Taylor doesn’t sit right with me. She should have 13! The academy owes her Pop Vocal album and SOTY from this year.

Honey, stop being delusional!  The academy does NOT owe Taylor Swift Song of the Year (the right song won) and Best Pop Vocal Album (the right album won) from this year.  BARF!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.