Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,744 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
almanzarlamar..

• Donnna
    Topics:

Drake confirmed he is dropping before end of Summer. I see him getting into gf across the board.

rue
    Topics:

I don’t see Maroon 5 and BTS make it into the final noms. I will replace them with Coldplay and Taylor. Not sure about 34+39 Remix since Doja has Kiss Me More.

Literally what Taylor song eligible is even close to a nomination here?

Want Want by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

storminthedark
    Topics:

Drake confirmed he is dropping before end of Summer. I see him getting into gf across the board.

I think there might be a rush to release before the end of this eligibility period, this Nee Music Friday was already extremely crowded.

Literally what Taylor song eligible is even close to a nomination here?

I assume they’re referring to the Taylor & bon iver collaboration on evermore.

JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Is Olivia gonna win BNA ? Last time someone from Disney channel won was in 2000 and Christina Aguilera was kinda better package. Olivia has no existent competition, but maybe there is someone we haven’t yet noticed.

They might pull an Esperanza Spalding.

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

They might pull an Esperanza Spalding.

Another Esperanza-esque act won’t even be nominated under a popular vote now

Jay
    Topics:

At least one of these two deserves a nod:
    “Gasoline” by Haim & Taylor Swift for Best Rock Performance
    “No Body, No Crime” for Country Duo/Group
    Probably neither is happening but it’d be cool!

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Vogue
    Topics:

Bingo 💯 She was competing/competed with the biggest, most successful acts of the past decade or so at their prime.

Again, if voters didn’t like her, she wouldn’t have 2 wins. Y’all can make up all these excuses like yall do everytime she wins, but if voters didn’t like her, they wouldn’t vote for her, weak year or not.

And this is funny considering Ariana has lost to Adele, Sam Smith, Billie Eilish, all who had massive albums and big years at the Grammys.

daniel
    Topics:

Honey, Ariana Grande is NOT well-liked (pure delusion). Just popular. Grande is filler. Once the hits stop, so will the nominations. Katy Perry also has 13 nominations (including ROTY, AOTY, SOTY). Unlike Ari, the competition was never weak for Perry to win (thank goodness). Once Katy stopped producing hits, no more nominations.

billie eilish was weak competition? thank u next would’ve won both album categories if not for her (i don’t buy that lana or lizzo or anyone else could’ve won over tun at all, but even if so, she’d have bpva at least)

i’d mention that dangerous woman lost to adele but i don’t think ariana was next in line for either category anyways so

epiphany
    Topics:

No offense but I hardly seeing Jazmine makes it into AOTY especially without the help of BRP. It’s pretty clear that H.E.R. and Silk Sonic will be the obvious popular choices to represent R&B in general field.

Gucci
    Topics:

Silk Sonic + getting in General Field over Jazmine Sullivan = BARF!

Boz
    Topics:

billie eilish was weak competition? thank u next would’ve won both album categories if not for her (i don’t buy that lana or lizzo or anyone else could’ve won over tun at all, but even if so, she’d have bpva at least)

i’d mention that dangerous woman lost to adele but i don’t think ariana was next in line for either category anyways so

I think Lizzo was probably next in line for AOTY, but I agree with your point. Ariana seems to have bad luck cuz every year she’s competing against some huge new artist or a resurgence like Lady Gaga during ASIB.

Munchi
    Topics:

I read some suggestion that Olivia could lose BNA.

Snap out of it, Olivia IS winning BNA.

TomJerry
    Topics:

Again, if voters didn’t like her, she wouldn’t have 2 wins. Y’all can make up all these excuses like yall do everytime she wins, but if voters didn’t like her, they wouldn’t vote for her, weak year or not. And this is funny considering Ariana has lost to Adele, Sam Smith, Billie Eilish, all who had massive albums and big years at the Grammys.

Hey! The original post wasn’t really about Ariana it was more of about Katy and non-wins at the Grammys. Wasn’t really my intention :((

(lack of Ari’s name at the post)

But yeah agree with your comment. Ariana must’ve had some sort of support for those wins. 😊

Bee
    Topics:

How would Ariana have been ahead of Lizzo? Lizzo literally beat her in Pop Solo.

Jay
    Topics:

Get real! Ariana benefitted from other Grammy darlings for her two wins. For Sweetener, it was Pharrell, whom voters seem to have a gigantic hard-on for. For Rain On Me, it was Lady Gaga.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,744 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.