Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 1,744 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Silk Sonic + possibly collaborating with Beyoncé = BARF! 🤢

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

The new members skewing so young makes me more confident that Doja can pull off the AOTY nod.

Profile picture
    Davie
    Topics:

Getting close to or actually losing a parent is horrible regardless of age. As someone who lost their dad at only 9, my heart and prayers go out to you all going through difficult times regarding this. ❤😞
    You’re not alone and will get through it.

Sending my love to anyone who has lost/came close to losing a parent. My dad passed away from cancer when I was 7 and I think about him everyday.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Silk Sonic will likely drop in August/September so that they can be fresh in voters’ mind. I wouldn’t be surprised if that Bey single (if it is even a single and not just some album cut) gets released next month.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Monsoon is here under a different username.  It is 😬😬😬.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

If AOTY ends up looking like the Teen Choice Awards I will BARF! too

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, that Lil Nas X trailer is everything!  He deserves ROTY, AOTY, and SOTY just for that kiss at the BET Awards.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

lose to or actually losing a parent is horrible regardless of age. As someone who lost their dad at only 9, my heart and prayers go out to you all going through difficult times rega

we had our beef, but I really do help he/she/they are okay.

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Silk Sonic will likely drop in August/September so that they can be fresh in voters’ mind.

This. Silk Sonic are being strategic asf. They want to sweep the Grammys.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Honey, y’all are going to make Gucci cry . Sending prayers to both of you. 🙁

Awwww. Honey, thanks you’re so sweet. ❤️

Appreciate it.

Rumors say Bey recorded a song with silk sonic https://twitter.com/beyonceparkwood/status/1409920434087337984?s=21

If this is real then Bey might actually get an AOTY through a collab lol.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Honestly, there are not many albums that feel like would be AOTY winners. In all honesty, the only one that seems like it is SOUR,  Call Me If You Get Lost, Daddy’s Home, or possibly Silk Sonic.

SOUR (Olivia Rodrigo): a possibility, but I do not feel they will award another AOTY trophy to a pop album thrice in a row. While I do think she will win multiple awards next year, I am quite hesitant on another pop/indie/white women (girl I know she is half Asian, she is still half white too) winning for the four time in a row

Call Me If You Get Lost (Tyler, the Creator): past Grammy winner with one of the most viewed Grammy performances in 2019. Although I feel like they will continue to snub Black Artists in AOTY.

Daddy’s Home: St.Vincent is overdue for general field love. In actually, indie women (not Taylor Swift) is overdue for awards. However, like Black artists, actual indie artists get snubbed left and right. Just look at Bjork and Fiona Apple.

An Evening with Silk Sonic (Silk Sonic): I feel like this has the most potential, but they have only released one song and there is no released date.

Back of My Mind (HER): It would feel like she has too much connections, so while I am always here for a Black winner, as a winner it would be definitely underwhelming. Especially since now Chris Brown would be a AOTY Grammy winner.

Happier Than Ever (Billie Eilish): it feels lesser version of her other projects, even if I enjoyed most of her singles to the release of her album.

Evermore (Taylor Swift): it felt like it came and went, even if it’s one of mine and other critics favorite Taylor Swift projects to date.

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Album of the Year will NOT look like the Teen Choice Awards.  However, expect a bunch of white acts in the lineup (BARF! 🤢).

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Honey, Monsoon is here under a different username. It is 😬😬😬.

Oh.. its OK. I have personally recreated my account 4x within my 5yrs of joining, usually after forgetting which random email I used to sign up. I also changed from my actual name.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 1,744 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.