Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 1,744 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
almanzarlamar..
  • Profile picture
    Watermelon Sugar
    Topics:

Honey, Sour is not winning AOTY. The only GF award I can see Olivia winning is BNA.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Don’t think so, she’s coming bro. Not necessarily for AOTY, DL might win SOTY. It got good chance.

SOTY/ROTY is going to LTDO, and the influx of r&b voters makes that even more likely now.

Profile picture
    Watermelon Sugar
    Topics:

It’s hard to predict the general field noms this year because there’s no committee anymore and we don’t know how that’s gonna look. The highest prediction scores will probably be like 35-40% lol.

Also, we still have 3 whole months until the eligibility period comes to an end. Adele could be coming for all we know.

But for now, Silk Sonic, Billie Eilish and maybe even Ed Sheeran would be my safest picks in the GF. But I do think Olivia is a lock to win BNA if she’s nominated.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

A gentle reminder that Olivia & Billie are both signed to interscope.

I bet only one of them will get a nice grammy’s behind the scenes push/campaign.

I’m banking on the fact that Billie will get nominated, but won’t win anything this year if Olivia is in that category.

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

still thinking about a potential Silk Sonic/HER split among R&B voters. I think Olivia would benefit from that the most

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

There might be a split or Silk Sonic and H.E.R. votes can split.

I can definitely see an Olivia win in GF outside BNA, it’s y’all problem to not take her seriously enough.

I can see a DL SOTY win scenario, I just don’t think it will happen. I can also see AOTY, but I haven’t made my mind about that just yet.

But ROTY is going to Bruno short of an Adele release or a shape of you level hit for Ed/anyone else.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Honestly, there are not many albums that feel like would be AOTY winners. In all honesty, the only one that seems like it is SOUR, Call Me If You Get Lost, Daddy’s Home, or possibly Silk Sonic. SOUR (Olivia Rodrigo): a possibility, but I do not feel they will award another AOTY trophy to a pop album thrice in a row. While I do think she will win multiple awards next year, I am quite hesitant on another pop/indie/white women (girl I know she is half Asian, she is still half white too) winning for the four time in a row Call Me If You Get Lost (Tyler, the Creator): past Grammy winner with one of the most viewed Grammy performances in 2019. Although I feel like they will continue to snub Black Artists in AOTY. Daddy’s Home: St.Vincent is overdue for general field love. In actually, indie women (not Taylor Swift) is overdue for awards. However, like Black artists, actual indie artists get snubbed left and right. Just look at Bjork and Fiona Apple. An Evening with Silk Sonic (Silk Sonic): I feel like this has the most potential, but they have only released one song and there is no released date. Back of My Mind (HER): It would feel like she has too much connections, so while I am always here for a Black winner, as a winner it would be definitely underwhelming. Especially since now Chris Brown would be a AOTY Grammy winner. Happier Than Ever (Billie Eilish): it feels lesser version of her other projects, even if I enjoyed most of her singles to the release of her album. Evermore (Taylor Swift): it felt like it came and went, even if it’s one of mine and other critics favorite Taylor Swift projects to date.

Lol is this your channel then? I’ve always thought that one of y’all were running this channel since I started following them last year hahaha

They also said those four albums are the only ones that can win

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Lol is this your channel then? I’ve always thought that one of y’all were running this channel since I started following them last year hahaha They also said those four albums are the only ones that can win

girl, I swear I never watched this video nor seen this channel, but goddamn were my predictions spot on 😂😂😂

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

still thinking about a potential Silk Sonic/HER split among R&B voters. I think Olivia would benefit from that the most

In my humble opinion, a potential Olivia/Billie Eilish vote split is more likely to happen than a Silk Sonic/H.E.R. vote split.  Bruno has a very underestimated and overlooked Pop history/support. Not only does he have support but he also competed in the field.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, I am NOT buying “Leave the Door Open” winning Record of the Year and Song of the Year.  BARF!

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

LTDO is definitely winning ROTY:) SOTY could go to DL but I have feeling Silk Sonic are winning both.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 1,744 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.