Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,171 through 1,185 (of 1,744 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
almanzarlamar..
  • Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I love St. Vincent but I wonder if she really is likely to happen in AOTY. Her album feels a little forgotten as she’s done little to promote it. I would be more sure if the committees elimination didn’t happen, given how Masseduction was kind of expected to get a nomination, yet it didn’t. Who knows? Maybe cross-genre support could help her if some pop voters like the album under a straight vote (I don’t think all of them will vote for Olivia Rodrigo necessarily).

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I really do not want Tyler to be nominated, just to be another Black artist who gets snubbed. It’s always the Black artists: Jay-Z in 2018, Janelle Monae in 2019, HER in 2020, and now The Weeknd, Roddy Ricch, and Dababy in 2021. It was quite embarrassing.

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I really do not want Tyler to be nominated, just to be another Black artist who gets snubbed. It’s always the Black artists: Jay-Z in 2018, Janelle Monae in 2019, HER in 2020, and now The Weeknd, Roddy Ricch, and Dababy in 2021. It was quite embarrassing.

Don’t forget to mention To Pimp A Butterfly in 2016 and DAMN. in 2018. Atrocious how neither of those won.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, St. Vincent was NOT ever happening in Album of the Year.

Profile picture
    Watermelon Sugar
    Topics:

A gentle reminder that Olivia & Billie are both signed to interscope. I bet only one of them will get a nice grammy’s behind the scenes push/campaign. I’m banking on the fact that Billie will get nominated, but won’t win anything this year if Olivia is in that category.

A gentle reminder that Billie is a Grammy darling and she just won another GF award a few months ago for Everything I Wanted, even though y’all underestimated her then too

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

This year is so boring that people are predicting an unreleased album for AOTY…

Anyway, I don’t see LTDO winning ROTY too. Not yet. That song is slinking down the charts now (except radio) and it’s been out for ages with no signs of a follow up album or single. Maybe they aren’t even pushing it for the grammys? Maybe they’ll have another single out near the deadline. I do feel like they’re cooking something though. This delay feels calculated, they definitely have something coming.

And this wasn’t a momentous hit for Bruno tbh. It was a big hit but it was no showstopper. I heard someone on twitter say that they completely revamped their approach after LTDO didn’t perform upto mark and I low-key believe this. This would explain the delay.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

A gentle reminder that Billie is a Grammy darling and she just won another GF award a few months ago for Everything I Wanted, even though y’all underestimated her then too

I predicted Billie to win roty actually. I’m not underestimating her.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

“Everything I Wanted” was a top 10 hit that was praised by critics and musicians.

“Your Power” and “Lose Cause” both bombed and didn’t reach the heights of “Everything I Wanted.” Besides, Billie had residual love from her sweep. She won’t have that going into next year’s show, not unless she can produce something as decent as “Everything I Wanted.”

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Just watched SOUR PROM! Give everything to Olivia!!!

Album of the Year
    Song of the Year
    Record of the Year
    Best New Artist
    Best Music Video
    Best Music Film
    Best Pop Solo
    Best Pop Vocal Album

The girl is a prodigy!!!

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

SOUR Prom was fantastic… Olivia is here to stay, I won’t be shocked if she wins at least one GF Grammy or more

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

This whole ‘labels can only push one artist!!!!!’ thing is entirely baseless and I’m not really sure why Goldderby is so keen on pushing it. Both Olivia and Billie will get a huge grammy push and I don’t get why this is a difficult concept.

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Billie is a seasoned Grammy favourite. Interscope will not leave her because they have a new pop girl in their bag. And they don’t need to, they’re both gonna have very different but very heavy campaigns respectively.

I think this might be the year Billie goes empty handed but I’m still expecting her to get hefty noms at the least.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Olivia is proving she is The Weeknd of this year. Her era is unmatched from someone who I’ve only heard from a Disney+ show.

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    Hypnos
    Big Time

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Last Year Republic had The Weeknd and Taylor. Who will be interscope’s Weeknd?

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,171 through 1,185 (of 1,744 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.