Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
TheFunkyDeltron
Agee
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

They might pull an Esperanza Spalding.

Another Esperanza-esque act won’t even be nominated under a popular vote now

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

At least one of these two deserves a nod:
    “Gasoline” by Haim & Taylor Swift for Best Rock Performance
    “No Body, No Crime” for Country Duo/Group
    Probably neither is happening but it’d be cool!

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Bingo 💯 She was competing/competed with the biggest, most successful acts of the past decade or so at their prime.

Again, if voters didn’t like her, she wouldn’t have 2 wins. Y’all can make up all these excuses like yall do everytime she wins, but if voters didn’t like her, they wouldn’t vote for her, weak year or not.

And this is funny considering Ariana has lost to Adele, Sam Smith, Billie Eilish, all who had massive albums and big years at the Grammys.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Honey, Ariana Grande is NOT well-liked (pure delusion). Just popular. Grande is filler. Once the hits stop, so will the nominations. Katy Perry also has 13 nominations (including ROTY, AOTY, SOTY). Unlike Ari, the competition was never weak for Perry to win (thank goodness). Once Katy stopped producing hits, no more nominations.

billie eilish was weak competition? thank u next would’ve won both album categories if not for her (i don’t buy that lana or lizzo or anyone else could’ve won over tun at all, but even if so, she’d have bpva at least)

i’d mention that dangerous woman lost to adele but i don’t think ariana was next in line for either category anyways so

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

No offense but I hardly seeing Jazmine makes it into AOTY especially without the help of BRP. It’s pretty clear that H.E.R. and Silk Sonic will be the obvious popular choices to represent R&B in general field.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Silk Sonic + getting in General Field over Jazmine Sullivan = BARF!

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

billie eilish was weak competition? thank u next would’ve won both album categories if not for her (i don’t buy that lana or lizzo or anyone else could’ve won over tun at all, but even if so, she’d have bpva at least)

i’d mention that dangerous woman lost to adele but i don’t think ariana was next in line for either category anyways so

I think Lizzo was probably next in line for AOTY, but I agree with your point. Ariana seems to have bad luck cuz every year she’s competing against some huge new artist or a resurgence like Lady Gaga during ASIB.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I read some suggestion that Olivia could lose BNA.

Snap out of it, Olivia IS winning BNA.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Again, if voters didn’t like her, she wouldn’t have 2 wins. Y’all can make up all these excuses like yall do everytime she wins, but if voters didn’t like her, they wouldn’t vote for her, weak year or not. And this is funny considering Ariana has lost to Adele, Sam Smith, Billie Eilish, all who had massive albums and big years at the Grammys.

Hey! The original post wasn’t really about Ariana it was more of about Katy and non-wins at the Grammys. Wasn’t really my intention :((

(lack of Ari’s name at the post)

But yeah agree with your comment. Ariana must’ve had some sort of support for those wins. 😊

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

How would Ariana have been ahead of Lizzo? Lizzo literally beat her in Pop Solo.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Get real! Ariana benefitted from other Grammy darlings for her two wins. For Sweetener, it was Pharrell, whom voters seem to have a gigantic hard-on for. For Rain On Me, it was Lady Gaga.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

I always giggle a little when someone says “get real!”

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

How would Ariana have been ahead of Lizzo? Lizzo literally beat her in Pop Solo.

that was truth hurts vs 7 rings, not cuz i love you vs thank u, next

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Sweetener would’ve won regardless of Pharrell

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

that was truth hurts vs 7 rings, not cuz i love you vs thank u, next

I’m saying, based on what support would Ariana have beaten Lizzo? Cuz I Love You won its album category as well as an R&B category, indicating she had across the board genre support. Unless you seriously believe that 7 rings was ahead of Truth Hurts in ROTY, why….would Ariana suddenly take that from her in AOTY? Cuz I Love You checked off more boxes.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,794 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.