Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Awards Postponed

2022 Grammy Awards Postponed

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
naveand
Ghost
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    RichardAniston
    Topics:

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/announcement-2022-grammys-postponed

A new date will be announced at a later time.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

So damn stupid. Just don’t have a ceremony or find a way to do a smaller ceremony.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.” 😭

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Damn! Was looking forward to seeing it this month

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

I’ve read rumors online that the ceremony might be pushed back until Summer. At this point, why not do a zoom show? The ratings don’t matter anyway because general audiences have 0 interest in awards. So really it would save them money & effort.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

If the summer rumors are true, expect it to flop HUGELY. Nobody’s going to care by then, just like barely anyone cared when they pushed it back two months last year. A game plan should have been in place from the get-go. The fact that we are at this again is really laughable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

I’ve read rumors online that the ceremony might be pushed back until Summer. At this point, why not do a zoom show? The ratings don’t matter anyway because general audiences have 0 interest in awards. So really it would save them money & effort.

I’m taking the Summer ceremony at this point, a zoom one would be horrible, we saw last year with certain movie awards.

I keep repeating why is that hard doing a ceremony similar to last year and following all the security Covid protocols like tones of other media events are doing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Damn a lot of these nominees will have released new projects by summer. What a travesty. Just announce the nominees via a press release

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

Maybe now they’ll have time to update the grammy.com site before the awards show. The nominated artists pages still haven’t been updated.

I really don’t care when they have it, but they need to find a way to reduce the huge gap between end of eligibility and the awards show. This was a problem before Covid, but it’s worse now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musicmood
    Topics:

this is an interesting piece about where the grammys might be held (and when):

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/grammys-postponement-new-venue-prospects-1235147671/

Vegas may be the best option to avoid delaying until the summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Honestly, small-wer crowd like last time but a big stage in Vegas couldbe amazing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, NOT surprising.  Just announce the winners via Zoom.  The ratings will be shit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JasonLannister
    Topics:

I actually enjoyed last year small ceremony. I’ve always thought that long, overproduced and crowded ceremony to be a pain in the ass and kind of corny.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I also loved the ceremony last year. All the floral theme gave it a warm and comfortable touch. What is going to hurt a lot is that the winners of the premiere will be announced virtually and I did want to see artists like Kali Uchis, C. Tangana, Halsey, Jazmine Sullivan, Foo Fighters and the rest of the fields at the ceremony 😭</p>

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JasonLannister
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I also loved the ceremony last year. All the floral theme gave it a warm and comfortable touch. What is going to hurt a lot is that the winners of the premiere will be announced virtually and I did want to see artists like Kali Uchis, C. Tangana, Halsey, Jazmine Sullivan, Foo Fighters and the rest of the fields at the ceremony 😭</p>

They have the oportunity of doing one award one performance and they should take it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

You can’t have a set up like last year’s without waiting until March. So it’s expected. It’s fairly cold outside right now even in LA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.