Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 515 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Anna Artdeco
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Actually I just thought it over and I see AOTY going to Olivia, not to Tony and Gaga. I just don’t think people will be excited to vote for a cover album with no original songs and hit songs. I don’t think people listened to it more that once or twice, to hear the cute musical chemistry between Gaga and Tony.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

A ridiculous amount of nominees benefited from the order of the ballot lmao

After this year, people still have the NERVE to underestimate voters’ laziness.

My favorite gems are

• ABBA in ROTY
    • A Beautiful Noise in SOTY
    • The Best Latin Pop Vocal Album lineup, which includes 3 names that begin with an A and 5 that begin with A-C, with Selena Gomez being the only outlier.

I also dare to say that Brandi Carlile getting into SOTY with a song called “Right On Time” is more impressive than her getting into BPSP.

Profile picture
    nobdrums
    Topics:

i think aoty could end up in tony’s hands

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Actually I just thought it over and I see AOTY going to Olivia, not to Tony and Gaga. I just don’t think people will be excited to vote for a cover album with no original songs and hit songs. I don’t think people listened to it more that once or twice, to hear the cute musical chemistry between Gaga and Tony.

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss are coming for AOTY and ROTY once again next year

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

He’ll have to overcome the slight hurdle of not being nominated

Oh shit. I didn’t even check who knew 😆

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

A ridiculous amount of nominees benefited from the order of the ballot lmao After this year, people still have the NERVE to underestimate voters’ laziness. My favorite gems are

• ABBA in ROTY
    • A Beautiful Noise in SOTY
    • The Best Latin Pop Vocal Album lineup, which includes 3 names that begin with an A and 5 that begin with A-C, with Selena Gomez being the only outlier.

I also dare to say that Brandi Carlile getting into SOTY with a song called “Right On Time” is more impressive than her getting into BPSP.

exactly, pair this with the three “C” surnames in Folk Album and the nominations for Rock and you see how lazy everyone is…

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    J_e_r_r_y
    Topics:

Love For Sale winning seems completely implausible unless there’s unforeseeable circumstances. It has no real large committee to rally around. Jazz voters aren’t enough to get AOTY these days and let’s be honest, no one outside of those voters will probably even have listened to this project by the time voting comes. It’ll likely get 1 or 2 wins in the pop field (however I’m leaning towards 1) but it getting into the general field was likely a coincidence due to the vote splitting of pop, hip hop, rock, r&b, etc. I think the album really being underestimated here is evermore. Yet again like 2020 there is no country or folk album nominated here. Meaning that Taylor is going to take 80%+ of those voters. And I see her having some success with the pop vote that doesn’t siphon to the other pop albums nominated (like 10-20%.) She’ll also get some of the alt vote that Billie doesn’t get (probably 10%~.) evermore strategically hit many bases, even more than folklore. Which is probably why it was MIA in pop categories because it simply is even less pop than folklore, which still wasn’t pop. Americana and country voters will also eat up a lot of the songs here. Taylor also only getting one nom (two if we count her songwriting creds on sour)  makes it easier for her to have a laser focused campaign.

Profile picture
    nobdrums
    Topics:

brandie has two songs nominated in soty ??????(sorry but i can’t understand)

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Also how come I thought Kali Uchis would be competing against Camilo not Bad Bunny lol

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

He’ll have to overcome the slight hurdle of not being nominated

Literally killed me.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

brandie has two songs nominated in soty ??????(sorry but i can’t understand)

what don’t you understand

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

exactly, pair this with the three “C” surnames in Folk Album and the nominations for Rock and you see how lazy everyone is…

The rock field is prove that a panel is needed. The popular vote going back to legacy artists isn’t helping the “rock is dead” arguments.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

I don’t care about this year. I wish there was no committee last year so we could’ve had fiona, phoebe, and the weeknd in aoty

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

AC/DC representing Rock in Best Music Video is equally laughable.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The most obvious answer to the question of who will go empty-handed is Taylor Swift. One nom in a category she has zero shot at winning.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.