Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 515 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Anna Artdeco
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    oliviasweep2022
    Topics:

i do have schizophrenia and ocd but i’m treating it and nowadays i would say i’m fine. i know you don’t like olivia bc she’s a woman of color and misspelling her surname isn’t any funny. billie never showed love to olivia.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

If producers and engineers are on anyone’s side this year, it’s Jon Batiste. He’s the musician of the category.

Finneas missed Producer of the Year and Happier Than Ever doesn’t have an Engineering nomination either.

Okay but they got in every other panel-less category.

Profile picture
    Antony Partcero
    Topics:

3/8 on AOTY
    4/8 on ROTY
    6/8 on SOTY
    5/8 on BNA

weeew the fact that this year was so predictable lmao
    Billie sweep is coming

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

I got 6/10 in SOTY and ROTY, not bad for my first time! Technically it’s 6/8 since we didn’t know about this big change until today!

Still surprised Medicine at Midnight and Starting Over didn’t make it into AOTY. I was certain they’d get in since they’re both hugely respected in their respective fields. I was also hopeful that the extension to 10 nominees would mean Jazmine Sullivan had a higher chance to get into AOTY with Heaux Tales but sadly it wasn’t to be. Really hoping she gets Best R&B Album though, because it is LONG overdue!

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Okay but they got in every other panel-less category.

I didn’t know those still had panels. Oh well. Still, Tony x Gaga for the win and Jon Batiste as the spoiler.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

i do have schizophrenia and ocd but i’m treating it and nowadays i would say i’m fine. i know you don’t like olivia bc she’s a woman of color and misspelling her surname isn’t any funny. billie never showed love to olivia.

I am a POC so stop this. I was only making a joke about everyone’s name. My “misspelling” wasn’t directed at Olivia specifically.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Well the fact that Finneas got snubbed in a panel category is even WORSE. It’s not a point on his favor.

Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

Harvey Mason is one of the worst things to happen to the Grammys.

Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Some of my thoughts:

Good:
    Mickey Guyton across the board in Country and making more history. Also, she and Chris Stapleton are the leading Country nominees this year
    Nice surprise for Jason Isbell in Country Solo
    H.E.R. and Brandi Carlile getting nominated outside of their genres
    Nice to see ABBA surprise for their first Grammy nomination
    The R&B field is the most solid IMO, minus a few annoyances
    Nice surprise to see Jon Batiste nominated across the board, I would look out for him in AOTY.

Bad:
    I don’t get Finneas being nominated for Best New Artist. Isn’t he already a Grammy winner? This is odd.
    The Applebee’s song nominated for a Grammy? Lol.
    Maneskin not nominated for BNA nor the Rock fields after announcing the nominations? They should have taken Finneas’ spot for BNA
    Bieber nominated in the R&B field is a joke
    Jazmine Sullivan, Foo Fighters and Chris Stapleton should have taken up one of those ten slots for AOTY
    The Rock field is so dull, the Alternative lineup is solid. Girl power!
    Some of the comments about H.E.R. come across mean spirited. I get not being a fan, however, some people are going overboard. My goodness!

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

Harvey Mason is one of the worst things to happen to the Grammys.

I mean, last year we had so many incredible albums. One of the best years of music in recent years. Phoebe, Fiona, Harry, The Weeknd… And the comittee chose bunch of artists that they knew wouldn’t win so that a person that has already won 2 times wins. That was a complete set up.

I also noticed he was smirking when he was reading Kanye’s name during the livestream. Yikes.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Well the fact that Finneas got snubbed in a panel category is even WORSE. It’s not a point on his favor.

Or maybe they’re tired of him winning.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Or maybe they’re tired of him winning.

I’m not sure. I think his output this year wasn’t that groundbreaking. His solo work is frankly the worst music one can imagine from such a supposedly talented person. And Happier than Ever was a sometimes inventive, most of the time meandering sophomore slump. So he in no way deserved to be nominated for POTY.

Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Also, more thoughts.

Good:
    Nice surprise to see Ledisi nominated for Traditional Pop Album
    Nice to see Jimmie Allen for BNA, Black Country artists are coming to make their mark and it is great to see.
    No Morgan Wallen, thank goodness! The Grammys got it right with the complete snubs.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The Greatest:
    Kacey Musgraves snubbed for her awful album

The Worst:
    Adrianne Lenker/Big Thief snubbed

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Yeah the H.E.R. hate is so weird. She is über talented and she has never had a slump. She constantly puts out incredibly work. “Hard Place” is still one of my favorite songs ever I discovered thanks to the Grammys.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.