Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 515 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Anna Artdeco
aj
  • Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

has anyone read any good articles about the noms? I think this year the press has been pretty mediocre when it comes to reactions. I think we could pull together a better article with our opinions.

I guess their reactions was just like ours, which is it was a very predictable year.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I guess their reactions was just like ours, which is it was a very predictable year.

True. I wish there was more talk about the sudden expansion to 10 noms. Come on, WTF. And also Gayle’s involvement in the announcement. What a fucking waste of airtime. She’s got the energy of a sedated hamster and the charm of a drugged-out sloth and the music knowledge of an average goldderby poster.

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

due to the straight vote thing, pop dominated the GF. Chris probably made the top 20 and in a year with a BRP he would be nominated. But this year…tough luck bearded boy.

I guess I’m wondering if the country block isn’t big enough to reach the top 10 or if their votes were split. Or both.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I guess I’m wondering if the country block isn’t big enough to reach the top 10 or if their votes were split. Or both.

Yeah I remember one time someone posted how the academy was divided in regards to genre. Pop was the largest, then I think it was rock and alt, and third it was country.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Yeah, I’m sad Chris didn’t get an AOTY nom. Kinda think maybe people split the votes between him and Kacey and none of them end up getting anything in the GF. Still think Country Album is his to lose though, so at least there’s that (I hope Cold wins Country song, I love that song so much). And I’m very happy my bad vibes worked and Morgan got NADA.

Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

I’m agreeing with you but very quietly so as not to awaken the ire of Goldderby

Haha 😂

Yes. Goldderby will turn this into a Taylor Vs Music debate 😅

But the impressive thing is that Taylor always sneaks into everyone’s minds. No one commented that Donda or Justice may not win. But I saw a lot of posts saying “Evermore or Taylor”

That’s the power

Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

Yeah I remember one time someone posted how the academy was divided in regards to genre. Pop was the largest, then I think it was rock and alt, and third it was country.

I heard Country was second after Pop and there wasn’t much difference in voters for second round of voting

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I really hope Sour wins. I can just picture it being such a nice moment to cap one of the greatest debut years in recent memory and recognition for a phenomenal and deeply honest album.

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

I really hope Sour wins. I can just picture it being such a nice moment to cap one of the greatest debut years in recent memory and recognition for a phenomenal and deeply honest album.

Amen to that

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I heard Country was second after Pop and there wasn’t much difference in voters for second round of voting

ah ok, maybe. I might be misremembering. In that case Evermore AOTY go home everyone.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’m not ready for Liv’s speech. She’ll be a wreck.

Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

I’m not ready for Liv’s speech. She’ll be a wreck.

Imagine Taylor standing behind her. It will be like an enactment of NOTHING NEW

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I am shocked that Montero got in SOTY with lyrics like “Shoot a child in your mouth while I’m ridin’”

LMAO THE GAYS WON 

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

SOUR needs to win AOTY badly.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

GoldDerby basement will collapse and destroy into oblivion if evermore wins AOTY

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.