Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 439 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
aj
TomJerry
Cameron
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 3.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, NARAS is corrupt.  I do NOT give a shit what anyone says.  No fucking way are these the actual nominees based on a straight vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Agatha All Along might be my favorite nomination

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Right On Time beating Montero is easily explainable. Brandi has already established herself as a darling. Remember how just last year she beat the mega crossover hit, The Bones? She also did a fair amount of campaigning; her album dropped during voting month and she did SNL the day after voting opened.

Positions and Bad Habits splitting is also really easy to explain. It’s been 7 straight years of Ariana consistently getting pop noms. She’s yet to have a notable miss. Ed, meanwhile, had had I Don’t Care (which lost to Boyfriend btw) and Perfect (duet). Bad Habits made SOTY solely because it was early on the ballot. No one bothered to look for it in ROTY and pop solo because Bad Habits has zero passion whatsoever.

Sidenote: I think its funny how people want the grammys to move away from charts but yet will complain when H.E.R., Jon Batiste and Brandi get lots of noms.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Also another sidenote: Ariana is gonna need to have a straight up Witness to ever miss a PVA nom. 5 straight albums getting 2 pop noms is unheard of.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lilac
    Topics:

Agatha All Along might be my favorite nomination

love it too bad it’s most likely loosing to H.E.R

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

We want The Grammys to move away from the charts, but when they do so they move towards very bland adult contemporary artists. Brandi is actually is very talented but just stylistically it’s not reflective of the broader music culture.  Like a large majority of people that I know listen to hip-hop, rock, indie, house, electronic, etc. Literally I have yet to meet anyone that listens to Brandi Carlisle and Jon Batiste. Must be a generational thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

i’m happy with nominations, i’d rather it be a mix of everything rather than just a bunch of #1 mainstream songs and albums

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

This is the first time an Emmy winning song is going up against an Oscar winning song at the Grammys – but yeah HER is clearly taking it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Can we collectively agree that all of ours jaws dropped when ABBA was announced in ROTY! I mean who the hell saw that coming?

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

when i heard abba i was just so confused cause never in a million years did i think they’d miss pop duo and make roty

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

How I predict each artist nominated in the General field to do on Grammys night:

ABBA- First I’d like to say that it’s about time ABBA got their first Grammy nomination. I Still Have Faith in You is a beautiful song and very deserving of its nomination. That being said, I can’t see ABBA winning ROTY

Jon Batiste- Wow, I did not see this coming. It is 100% deserved, but equally unexpected. Jon getting into 7 fields shows that he has cross-genre appeal and that he shouldn’t be counted out of any category he’s nominated for. I think he could shock and win ROTY or AOTY

Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga- Love for Sale was my AOTY winner prediction before the album even came out, and after seeing how they performed yesterday I feel even more sure about that prediction. Receiving nods in Best Music Video and Best Engineered Album Non-Classical show that the pair have wide support across the academy and are a serious threat to win big. I feel they are definitely the frontrunners in BPDGP and BTPVA and could very likely be the winners of AOTY. They have the exposure, the narrative, and 30 Grammys already between them. They could be unstoppable

Justin Bieber (and Daniel Caesar and Giveon)- Justin Bieber getting 8 nominations is something he should be proud of, that being said I predict him to come up short in every category he’s nominated in. I can’t see him winning in R&B, and every other category he’s nominated in he is up against one or more of: Billie, Olivia, Jon, or Tony and Gaga and I can’t see him getting the votes to win there

Brandi Carlile (and Alicia Keys)- Never underestimate Brandi. Her nominations are incredibly deserved. That being said I don’t see her winning more than 1 award this year. Her best shot is Best American Roots Performance, but it won’t be easy as she will be up against Jon Batiste. I can’t see her garnering enough votes in the pop and general fields to win, especially considering her supporters will likely split votes between her 2 nominated songs (A Beautiful Noise and Right on Time) in SOTY

Doja Cat (and SZA)- Doja is in Justin’s position. Exceeded expectations scoring 8 nominations, but will likely walk away empty-handed. Her easiest shot at a win would be in Best Melodic Rap Performance but she has tough competition from Industry Baby there. She likely won’t be able to garner enough support to win any of her other categories in the pop or General field though

Billie Eilish- Billie is someone that should never be doubted. She’s gone 5/6 in the General field with wins, and has never submitted to a General field category and not gotten in. That’s impressive. She’s got tougher competition this year than normal though, and I don’t see her as the definitive frontrunner she was with her debut album. I feel like she’s behind Lil Nas X and Bo Burnham in Music Video and Music Film, and in the pop categories she could easily lose to Olivia Rodrigo. In the General field she’ll have to compete against Olivia again and Tony and Gaga and Jon Batiste. She could easily leave the night with a handful of trophies, but she could just as easily leave with none

Lil Nas X- Lil Nas X is in a different position than Doja or Justin because of Best Music Video. He is the undeniable favorite in the category, and I fully expect him to win the award. I also consider him the frontrunner in Best Melodic Rap Performance for his Jack Harlow collaboration Industry Baby. I can’t see him winning in the General field, but I definitely think he’ll be adding to his Grammys collection come January

Olivia Rodrigo- Olivia is arguably the biggest lock of the night for BNA. I can’t see anyone else taking this from her. That being said BNA may be her only victory. She’s a frontrunner in several categories, but could lose to Billie, Jon, Silk Sonic, or Tony and Gaga in them. She’s also not likely to win for Best Music Video. I could see her winning BPVA, BPSP, ROTY, SOTY, and even AOTY as possibilities, but none of them will be easy wins

Silk Sonic- Silk Sonic is another I can’t see leaving empty-handed. They are likely winning at least one award in the R&B field, and could be the ones to beat in SOTY and ROTY. Having their album recently released will keep them fresh in the voters minds, and they are already beloved. Again, it won’t be easy with tough competition from Tony and Gaga, Billie, Olivia, and Jon, but they could certainly pull it off

H.E.R.- H.E.R. did as expected garnering nominations across multiple fields. I definitely think she is a frontrunner for Best Contemporary Christian Performance/Song and Best Song Written for Visual Media. In the R&B field, however I’m not as sure. She’ll have to face tough competition from Jazmine Sullivan and Silk Sonic to get her wins. In the General field I feel as if she will struggle with votes as R&B voters could opt to vote for Jon or even Justin or Doja before her. That being said I know to never underestimate H.E.R

Taylor Swift/Kanye West- I’m lumping these two together as I see them both as filler nominees in AOTY. Likely 9th/10th place and got in only because of the extended categories. Should consider themselves grateful to be nominated

Ed Sheeran- I love Ed Sheeran and Bad Habits is a great song, but there is no way that he has a chance at winning SOTY

Other BNA Nominees- Let’s be honest their nominations are just a formality. Olivia is going to win. The others aside from Arlo and Finneas as a songwriter/producer are extremely likely to leave empty handed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PersonalCoochiePopper
    Topics:

Also another sidenote: Ariana is gonna need to have a straight up Witness to ever miss a PVA nom. 5 straight albums getting 2 pop noms is unheard of.

Don’t even put that energy out there because I’d have a heart attack if she ever had a Witness whew

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    leonino
    Topics:

when i heard abba i was just so confused cause never in a million years did i think they’d miss pop duo and make roty

YES and their song was the first one announced so for a moment I was like “oh, God, this is gonna be a mess”, but once the shock wore off I thought it was well deserved.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Can we collectively agree that all of ours jaws dropped when ABBA was announced in ROTY! I mean who the hell saw that coming?

This also had me screaming! Queen really made top 10 with less than 10k followers on twitter!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 439 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.