Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 491 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
aj
TomJerry
Cameron
  • Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

I doubt Taylor will show up there after this, it’s just embarrassing.

Of course, both Olivia and Taylor will make a acceptance speech just in case they both win AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Not “for Taylor” (that was last year when they made it easier for her), this is about having Kanye vs Taylor competing in AOTY for the ratings.

But I doubt Taylor would even attend the ceremony tho. It’s pretty clear they try to bring Kanye, I thought the current CEO wasn’t that serious

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

still kiing at the fact Tony/Gaga placed in the original 8 slots for a song that didn’t even chart & made no noise in ROTY than Montero, one of the biggest smashes of this year

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

That NYTimes article is SHIT. No fcking way is Kanye West DONDA in bottom 2 AOTY, Right on Time in bottom 2 in SOTY and MONTERO bottom 2 in ROTY, while Top 8 in SOTY and AOTY.

We need some for the Pop categories.

Is the Grammys in New York this year or something?

I don’t completely believe it either but let’s not pretend Kanye has had great nominations records in AOTY either (he hasn’t been nominated for AOTY as the main artist since his Graduation era). And it’s apparent with all members voting for GF, Taylor who was completely shut out, was probably saved by some secret board (like the NRP).

However, when it comes to the winners voting round, I don’t believe these two will be bottom 2

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I don’t completely believe it either but let’s not pretend Kanye has had great nominations records in AOTY either (he hasn’t been nominated for AOTY as the main artist since his Graduation era). And it’s apparent with all members voting for GF, Taylor who was completely shut out, was probably saved by some secret board (like the NRP).

However, when it comes to the winners voting round, I don’t believe these two will be bottom 2

Um.. okay so Donda is losing Rap Album right? wbk

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Um okay so Donda is losing Rap Album right?

I will choose anything over CLB, but my personal pick is Tyler.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    bettedaviseyes
    Topics:

Of course, both Olivia and Taylor will make a acceptance speech just in case they both win AOTY.

Why would Taylor give an acceptance speech for Olivia’s album

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

when this gives ntk a better chance of winning over kanye>>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Yeah yeah Taylor is winning everything, even the categories she wasn’t nominate

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hinrich689
    Topics:

Evermore not getting in Best Pop Vocal Album tells a lot already.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

This is so…

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Evermore not getting in Best Pop Vocal Album tells a lot already.

But MONTERO got in AOTY?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Amigo22w
    Topics:

Taylor has only one win in the pop field, they didn’t like her that much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Not sure why people are doubting the article when they explain exactly how they got this info pretty early on.

It was possible to discover which artists benefited from the expansion because their names were absent from an early version of the “final nominations list” that had been created several days before the announcement and included only eight names in those categories. That version had begun circulating outside the Recording Academy before the nominations were announced on Tuesday, and a copy of it was obtained by The New York Times.

There’s also a quote for HMJ where he confirms that Taylor and Kanye were the beneficiaries, and he didn’t add them for ratings.

Kanye and Taylor were the only aoty nominees without additional general field nominations. I have no idea how anyone thought the bottom 2 was anyone else.

Johnny Depp is a wifebeater.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Anyways, evermore, a folk/americana forgotten album by an old underground artist with no promotion and blackballing on radio who had her masters stolen made the top 10 for AOTY! Smash!

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 491 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.