Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 490 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
aj
TomJerry
Cameron

• Cameron
    Topics:

I was like “who is that” LMAO

ReplyCopy URL

M
    Topics:

I just realized that the only reason Ed Sheeran got nominated in SOTY is because the alphabetical order in that category is based on the song’s name rather than the artist’s, and Bad Habits starts with B…

Chile…. This is so bad

ReplyCopy URL

M
    Topics:

Though Right on Time still showed up in SOTY despite being at the bottom of the list?

So voters somehow kept scrolling down for her?

ReplyCopy URL

fortheculture
    Topics:

In the R&B category, I really thought that Giveon’s Heartbreak Anniversary was a lock for both song and performance since it is a flawless sad slow jam and also he is featured on JB’s peaches.  But he didn’t even get a nomination in the performance category which I guess indicates lack of support. I thought his vocal performance was a knockout! His voice is extremely smooth and emotive. I haven’t heard most of the other nominees other than Jasmine Sullivan whom I appreciate but don’t really listen to. Maybe I’m just not that up to date about the R&B genre since I usually don’t listen to that genre except for more hiphop-rnb and electro-rnb type stuff like DVSN etc.

ReplyCopy URL

Cameron
    Topics:

Lol it was quite obvious that Heartbreak Anniversary was going to Song and Peaches was going to R&B Performance. Doesn’t necessarily indicate that it wasn’t support. He still got nominated in R&B Performance.

ReplyCopy URL

almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Though Right on Time still showed up in SOTY despite being at the bottom of the list? So voters somehow kept scrolling down for her?

It’s even more impressive because voters would have had to already check off a Brandi song and then still decide to look for Right On Time.

Brandi’s beloved and I really do think she’s being underestimated in pop solo

EEAAO Sweep

ReplyCopy URL

plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

From the HDD article:

Insiders say that Harvey Mason Jr. recently went on a goodwill mission to visit with the megastar artist, producer and cultural gadfly, listening intently to his G.O.O.D./Def Jam album Donda. It was thought by these insiders that HMJ has made it a personal goal to bring fellow producer Ye back into the fold.

Yikes.

ReplyCopy URL

fortheculture
    Topics:

I just realized that the only reason Ed Sheeran got nominated in SOTY is because the alphabetical order in that category is based on the song’s name rather than the artist’s, and Bad Habits starts with B…

For real, enough is enough with this alphabetical order nonsense. I swear half the nominees this year have names starting with A, B, C or D . And it’s not even a difficult fix, just randomize the order for each ballot. Clear incompetence that this hasn’t been implemented already.

ReplyCopy URL

Cameron
    Topics:

It’s gonna backfire so bad if Kanye doesn’t perform or isn’t willing to show up lol.

ReplyCopy URL

fortheculture
    Topics:

Lol it was quite obvious that Heartbreak Anniversary was going to Song and Peaches was going to R&B Performance. Doesn’t necessarily indicate that it wasn’t support. He still got nominated in R&B Performance.

Can someone who’s more familiar with the rules clarify? Giveon can’t submit in Performance because JB submitted a song that he’s featured on? There are multiple other cases of an artist being in a category twice, once as the main artist and once as a featured artist. e.g. Brandi in SOTY, Taylor in AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL

Cameron
    Topics:

You can submit as many songs as you want to a category it’s just when it comes to voting some categories have limited to where you’re only get 1 nomination. It’s just not wise to submit a lot of songs to one particular category because of vote splitting.

R&B Performance you get One nomination. Peaches just happened to get more votes than HB in R&B Performance.

R&B song allows you have two songs nominated

ReplyCopy URL

fortheculture
    Topics:

IMO Peaches would have made more sense in song and Heartbreak Anniversary would have made more sense in performance. Peaches is catchy but it’s not like JB gave a jaw-dropping vocal performance like Given gave.

ReplyCopy URL

Antony Partcero
    Topics:

tbh only Olivia and Justin will leave emptyhanded, sorry.

Finneas could take the BNA (Olivia biggest chance) but hey at least Olivia won’t have to deal with the BNA curse like Megan, Meghan, Lorde, Macklemore and Alessia.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

isacgraca
    Topics:

Like a month ago i defended the huge possibility of ABBA in BPDGP (i wouldnt be brave enough to predict them in ROTY), and someone laughed cause it was a hopediction…

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.