Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 491 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
aj
TomJerry
Cameron
  • Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Imagine: AOTY: Justice ~ Justin Bieber ROTY: I Still Have Faith in You ~ Abba SOTY: A Beautiful Noise ~ Alicia Keys & Brandi Carlile BNA: Aroof Aftab

*Arooj

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

*Arooj

baby I’m so sorry 

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Dragon New Mountain I Believe in You
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Melt My Eyez See Your Future
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter
    A Light for Attracting Attention
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Unsurprisingly, Justin is being very underestimated on here. No one is saying the guy will win anything (there’s a fairly good chance he goes 0/8) but imo he’s in play for “Peaches”. In short, I’ll give three reasons: 1. Voters had to go digging for “Peaches” in SOTY, and it still got in. While, for example “Kiss Me More” which is higher than “Peaches” missed the top 8. That indicates genuine support for the song. 2. In R&B Performance not only did Justin have the hurdle of being a traditionally non-R&B artist, but due to the categories rules, he also had to beat out Giveon’s “Heartbreak Anniversary”, which is no easy feat. The latter was much bigger within R&B circles and VERY “baity”. 3. Best Music Video is looking like a ROTY bellwether. 6/7 of the nominees were nominated in ROTY, which is extremely noteworthy. “Peaches” making it in bodes well to its chances.

Pop voters obviously love him more than rnb voters, but when push comes to shove they will support Billie or Olivia or Doja or even Brandi and Silk Sonic before him. He didn’t get an rnb song nom. He needs pop support to win.

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

also imagine seeing the original leak with the original 8 nominations in each gf category and waking up on Grammy morning like…

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I mean did I not tell y’all this was not going to be a mess! Sure the nominations didn’t feature noteworthy snubs, but still this year is chaotic asf !!!!

Best Albums 2022

Dawn FM
    CAPRISONGS
    Ants From Up Here
    Forget Your Own Face
    Once Twice Melody
    MOTOMAMI
    Crest
    Diaspora Problems
    Bronco
    It’s Almost Dry
    Preacher’s Daughter

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Unsurprisingly, Justin is being very underestimated on here. No one is saying the guy will win anything (there’s a fairly good chance he goes 0/8) but imo he’s in play for “Peaches”. In short, I’ll give three reasons: 1. Voters had to go digging for “Peaches” in SOTY, and it still got in. While, for example “Kiss Me More” which is higher than “Peaches” missed the top 8. That indicates genuine support for the song. 2. In R&B Performance not only did Justin have the hurdle of being a traditionally non-R&B artist, but due to the categories rules, he also had to beat out Giveon’s “Heartbreak Anniversary”, which is no easy feat. The latter was much bigger within R&B circles and VERY “baity”. 3. Best Music Video is looking like a ROTY bellwether. 6/7 of the nominees were nominated in ROTY, which is extremely noteworthy. “Peaches” making it in bodes well to its chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Peaches was a huge, catchy, crossover hit. The nominations really aren’t that surprising, and I even think it would make sense as a ROTY winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

“Leave The Door Open” is winning ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Peaches was a huge, catchy, crossover hit. The nominations really aren’t that surprising, and I even think it would make sense as a ROTY winner.

It’s just lame how majority of this forum can’t put their hate against Bieber aside, some users even said “I can’t believe you guys think Justin is making it in the GF!!!1!1!1” right before nominations. I don’t find it’s ROTY/SOTY noms a surprise anyway, but R&B Performance and BMV definitely are.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

That article can’t fool us. R&B Song category would’ve said otherwise.

Brandi Carlile and Lil Nas X Top 5 in a hypothetical Pop Song category. Whereas Peaches missed out on a 5 spot R&B Song category.

(MONTERO) Definitely Top 4 in a hypothetical Pop Song category.

I’m sure MONTERO is above Peaches in SOTY. Pop categories are just extremely suspicious.

Then why did Montero make it over Positions in ROTY or even SOTY?

MONTERO 6th place BPVA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

It’s just lame how majority of this forum can’t put their hate against Bieber aside, some users even said “I can’t believe you guys think Justin is making it in the GF!!!1!1!1” right before nominations. I don’t find it’s ROTY/SOTY noms a surprise anyway, but R&B Performance and BMV definitely are.

I predicted it in R&B Performance. Two R&B stars on it and black people like the song (I’m black so no one start crying about this). It just made sense, especially bc R&B Song was the easy way to acknowledge Heartbreak Anniversary at the same time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    samisimac
    Topics:

yeah that’s sick

No? You might not like it, but Peaches is a great song and it was a smash hit, for me it was crystal clear that he would get a lot of nominations for this song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

For AOTY, it’s game over if Taylor drops her surprise tenth album tomorrow on November 26. 4th AOTY confirmed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    samisimac
    Topics:

That article can’t fool us. R&B Song category would’ve said otherwise. Brandi Carlile and Lil Nas X Top 5 in a hypothetical Pop Song category. Whereas Peaches missed out on a 5 spot R&B Song category. (MONTERO) Definitely Top 4 in a hypothetical Pop Song category. I’m sure MONTERO is above Peaches in SOTY. Pop categories are just extremely suspicious.

Considering Bieber and Nas x’s nomination history in the pop categories, I wouldn’t trust Montero to be ahead of Peaches on SOTY, and we don’t even need to evaluate pop history, just look at the current nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    samisimac
    Topics:

It’s easier that Peaches got support from pop voters and some r&b, while Lil failed the top 8, I can’t believe Montero is above Peaches in SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 491 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.